Story Teller/Writer Wanted

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Story Teller/Writer Wanted

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

As part of the site relaunch, I would like to run more larger events (Easter, Summer, Halloween, Christmas) that tell a story alongside the adoptable that is released, much like the original Christmas promos. To accomplish this, we need somebody who likes writing and telling stories (a little humor goes a long way too ;))

The ideal person will:
  • Work with artists to design promos that align with your story
  • Work with development team to implement storylines
  • Assist with new feature implementation/character dialogue
To apply, you can reply to this topic with a story (length of your choosing but not crazy long). It should be Pokemon related, and can involve VA if you want. I'm not sure what an ideal amount of time would be to keep this open, but probably 2-3 weeks is enough.

Feel free to ask any questions you have and I'll try to answer them best I can.
AbsintusVeritas

Re: Story Teller/Writer Wanted

Post by AbsintusVeritas »

I wrote this little Pokemon Valentine's Story:

Spoiler:
A single moment. Barely more than a single blink of an eye, an assortment of scraps of thoughts. Sometimes, though very rarely, it doesn't take more to create a wonderful Memory.

The pink mouse Pokémon with the cute laugh sat on one of the elastic orbs it had created, giving a gentle smile to the penguin Pokémon below. "Piplup?" it then asked in its bright voice, turning on its orb so that it was now lying on its back, looking down at Piplup.

It was obvious that Piplup was nervous. It had been that way ever since Mew had floated over. They hadn't spoken to each other since then, but Piplup's cheeks had become pinker and pinker, and it had stared steadily at Mew. And now that Mew Spoke to him, he seemed to be completely overwhelmed by the situation.

"Um...yeah. Hi, hello Mew. I'm really happy to see you.", Piplup stuttered to itself. He seemed to barely be able to open his little beak from all the excitement.

Mew thought that was extremely cute, and it had to giggle.

"Is everything all right, Piplup? Why are you so nervous? There's no need to be, is there?", Mew's voice was very soft as it asked that question. It then lay down on its bubble, so that it deformed into a heart. Piplup's cheeks turned so red as a result that it could compete with the underside of a Electrode. Mew smirked.

"Oh you know Mew...", Piplup paused. Suddenly, the Little Penguin wasn't so sure he really wanted to ask. He was so embarrassed! And he was so afraid of a negative answer. A little overwhelmed, he began to waggle his wings and spin around himself really fast. "Oh come on, you little coward! You can ask Mew already! They won't be mad at you or make fun of you! Now ask, now ask, now ask! Piplup! Piplup!!!", he spun faster and faster, but finally lost his footing, and tumbled onto his penguin butt.

"Ouch.", Piplup rubbed his little bottom with one wing, pouting now. This was absolutely not going the way he thought it would. But he would not give up. He would muster all his courage!

"Oh Piplup! Are you all right? Did you hurt yourself?", Mew had dissolved their bubble and now floated up to Piplup,always ready to help the little penguin. But he just shook his head.

"No Mew, everything is okay. But there's something I want to ask you!", He resolutely put its wings on its hips, it had stood up again and now it nodded energetically.

"You know, it's Valentine's Day today. And even though it's a tradition of humans, I wanted to ask you...well. If you'd like to be my special Pokémon today, spending the day with me! Or what's left of it. We could watch the sunset!", finally it was out! Piplup had managed to ask Mew after all. At least now no one could say the little guy hadn't tried.

Mew laughed his bright Mew laugh before first wrapping his pretty pink tail around Piplup, then pulling them to him to hug them. "Of course I want to! I'm glad you asked me!",

Piplup's little heart beat wildly against his chest. Not only had he managed to ask, no! Mew had even said yes! He had to be the luckiest Pokémon in the whole world! No, not just in the world, but in the entire universe! Piplup fell into Mew's arms and hugged them. "Oh Mew! I'm so glad you said yes! Because I've really, really liked you, ever since we first met here!", Mew and Piplup met regularly in this forest, in this forest clearing they were in right now. Piplup's trainer always let him and his friends bathe in a nearby river. Once it had ventured too far out, and had not found its way back. Mew had then brought him back to his trainer, and since then they were friends.

"Oh Piplup, I'm very fond of you too! Shall we go to Crystal Lake?", Mew was already lifting Piplup onto a pink bubble, though, and didn't wait for an answer. Together they floated away to the crystal lake. Rivers flowed into this lake, and the water here was wonderfully clear and indescribably beautiful. Especially now, when not only the setting sun was reflected in it, but also some stars were already shimmering in the firmament and their light seemed to be swimming in the lake. The mystical blue light that always surrounded this lake in the evening made the sight unforgettable. But no matter how beautiful this view was, for Piplup there was something that was even more beautiful. And that was Mew.

For a moment, both Mew and Piplup were filled with inner peace. Nothing evil seemed to exist in this world anymore. Struggles were forgotten. Two souls had been joined.

"You're the most beautiful and cute and sweetest Pokémon in the whole world," it literally stumbled out of Piplup's beak without him really noticing.

As Piplup said this, Mew also turned their head toward the little penguin. Mew seemed to glow with the warmth and joy that flowed through them. They had never been happier in their life. Carefully, it lifted the tip of its tail to Piplup's head.

"You're a beautiful Pokémon, too. Despite, or maybe because of, your specialness." Carefully, Mew stroked the spot where Piplup's right eye should have been. It wasn't there. It hadn't been for a long time.

For in the world in which these two lived, there was a war that did not seem to want to end. It lasted now for many years, and still there seemed to be no agreement. Two sides were fighting each other all over the world. The trainers and their Pokémon, and the wild Pokémon, who thought humans were just exploiting Pokémon, using them for their own purposes and slaughtering them to eat.

Everyone had chosen sides in this war, and none seemed to want to give in. No one knew how this would end. And that's why moments like these were so incredibly important.

Because sometimes it only took a single moment, at least in the heart, to end the war and for a wonderful and precious moment to let peace return. What would happen tomorrow, no one knew today. But it did not matter. Now there was peace. Now there was happiness. Now was love.

"I love you, Mew." whispered Piplup softly, when night had already settled over them.

"I love you too, Piplup.", and at least no one could take that away from them anymore.
Last edited by AbsintusVeritas on September 11th, 2022, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alive

Post by Alive »

@DrawnChiko good work there, but that part with eye, it gave me creeps. 🙈
I gently recommend putting these stories into spoiler, for a better view :mrgreen:

Great idea in general and can't wait to see the effect. I'll write something for sure, like short story referring to one of the mentioned holidays, but before I do, I need to ensure there won't be any grammar mistakes.

Is it supposed to be a permanent function on VA, like artists and others, or just seasonal activity for volunteers?
Spoiler:
0 Rh(+)音隠れの里
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable
In nomine patris et fillii et spiritus sancti
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Permanent
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

Well then, have a story about an old Day Care Couple who hire a new intern for the night shift and give her a set of rules she has to follow...
Spoiler for Story - Rules of the Day Care:
The old Day-Care Man closed the door of the Pokémon Day Care behind him and shook his head. “I swear to Arceus…” he grumbled.
“What did you say, honey?” his wife, who was the most beautiful woman he ever met, even despite her now showing age, asked.
“The lad that left his Pokémon here is cycling in front of the Day Care again. As if this would speed up what his Pokémon are doing in the garden.” he answered. “And the egg I just gave him also won’t hatch any sooner from this! Watching him cycling up and down all day is driving me crazy. Stupid shiny hunters! Today’s youth has no patience at all!”
“We’re just going to charge him more then, when he wants to retrieve his Pokémon, how about that?” his wife said with a warm smile that instantly calmed the old man down.
“That’s a great idea.” he agreed. “That will teach him a lesson.”
The door opened once again and the old man turned around. “No vacancy!” he said in a harsh tone. “At least until this whippersnapper out there retrieves his Pokémon!”
“And a good day to you as well!” the visitor closed the door behind her. “I’m the new intern. You said I could start today, so here I am.”
The Day Care Man looked at the young woman who was standing in the entrance of the Day Care, smiling at him, her head tilted a little to her left side, and her eyes closed, with a big smile on her lips.
“The new intern, eh?” the old man repeated. “A little early, aren’t you? Didn’t we hire you for the night shift.”
“Night shift?” the woman asked. “I thought, this was a DAY Care?”
“And we care for the Pokémon all day and night, because their trainers don’t.” the Day-Care Lady said with a sad sigh.
“That is… horrible.” the intern shook her head in disbelief.
“That’s just our daily routine.” the old lady shrugged. “When everything is a distraction, nothing is worth attention. Not even your beloved Pokémon.”
“Come back later, then I will show you around and after that, you’ll have to work your first night shift. Don’t worry. It’s mostly quiet at night, when all the kids are at home.” the old Day-Care man said.
The new intern nodded hesitantly, turned around and left the Day Care.

~

A few hours later, when the sky was already turning orange from the setting sun, she had entered the building again. She was ready for her first day, no, her first night, as a Day-Care Lady! This was, what she had dreamt of doing since she was a kid. Playing with cute Pokémon all day - or night - and even making money from it! What could possibly go wrong?

The old Day-Care man had shown her everything she needed to know and explained the five rules of the Day Care to her. It was hard listening to him when he did, because she was too distracted by all the cute Pokémon which were playing in the garden. A fluffy Arcanine brought her a ball and tail-waggingly expected her to throw it. Of course, she did and as it ran after the ball, she squealed with excitement. When a tiny Skitty pulled on her moving pant leg, she got down on her knees and lifted the Kitten Pokémon up to lavish it with cuddles, before putting it on the ground again, where it immediately began to chase its own tail. And while the new intern was playing with the different Pokémon, the old Day-Care Man explained the rules to her. He didn’t expect her to listen. Those spring Torchics never did.
And then, the Day-Care Couple left her alone.
The first two hours of the night she spent in the garden with the Pokémon. The garden was a huge open field in which the different species could play with each other. But soon she learned that not everything was as idyllic as it had first seemed.
When she spotted a Seviper sneaking up on an unsuspecting Zangoose, she quickly grabbed the water hose that was meant for entertaining the water-type Pokémon and used it to shoo away the Fang Snake Pokémon. With an angry Hiss the Seviper slithered back into the taller grass of the field.
<Rule number one.> she remembered, while the Zangoose she just saved hid behind her, its claws fanned out and ready to defend itself. <Never let hostile Pokémon getting close to each other.>

On her way back to her lookout, the intern tripped over something that was lying in the grass, and she flailed her arms to regain balance. Her eyes went big as she looked down and saw that she had almost cracked open a green-patterned Pokémon egg. “Oh no!” she said in shock and checked the egg for any forms of damage. Miraculously, it was unscathed. A sudden movement in the corner of her eye made her look up, and she saw the Skitty from earlier running away. Was this her egg? Was that even possible? The egg was almost as big as the Kitten Pokémon itself. She shook her head. Whatever Pokémon had laid this egg, it couldn’t have been this small cutie. She looked after the Skitty which ran to the big pond with her Wailord friend in it.
<Rule number three.> she remembered. <Watch out for Pokémon eggs lying around. If you find one, wait outside for the trainer to collect it.>
Wait a second! The third rule? She paused for a moment. If this was rule number three, then what was rule number two again? She scratched her head, but the second rule had slipped her mind. It probably wasn’t that important.
She took the egg with her and went to the entrance of the Day Care, where she wanted to wait for the trainer to collect the egg.
On her way, a Morgrem pulled on her leg. She looked at the Devious Pokémon that gestured at its open mouth. “Not now, Morgrem. I will feed you later!” she said to him and proceeded to walk to the door. Of course, she had no idea whose Pokémon laid this egg, she just hoped no one would notice if she gave this egg to the wrong trainer.
<Rule number four.> she remembered. <When in doubt which egg was laid by which Pokémon, check the egg-pattern guide.>
The intern went inside again and looked up the egg-pattern in said guide. After a while of browsing through the pages of the book, she found the pattern of the egg. Unmistakably. That really was a Skitty egg. Pokémon really were wondrous creatures.

It was already past midnight, and she was standing outside the Day Care again, scanning the nightly horizon for someone to come and collect the egg. No one was coming. She sighed. Suddenly, the door behind her opened and the Morgrem was looking at her with a devilish grin. It pointed at its open mouth once again. “Mor!” Somehow it had managed to escape the garden and followed her.
“Fine.” the intern said. “If you stay inside the garden then, I will give you a snack. But just a small Curry!”
“Morgrem!” the Pokémon replied happily.
She brought the Devious Pokémon back into the garden and gave it a small plate with a Sweet Curry on it, before returning to her place in front of the Day Care.
With the egg in her arms, she leaned against the wall and waited for its owner, or any trainer that wanted it, to come around. Right now, she would have been happy for any passerby to relieve her off this egg.
And finally, someone came. “Ah, this must be the egg of my Skitty and Wailord!” the young trainer said with a happy smile. She guessed he was fourteen at the most.
<Rule number five.> the old Day-Care Man’s voice echoed in her head. <What happens in the Day Care, stays in the Day Care. Be vague when talking to trainers.>
Now she understood what he was trying to convey to her: “Don’t traumatize children and teenagers with the mental image of a Wailord on top of their Skitty.”
“Oh, hello! Yes, we recently found this egg at our Day Care. We don’t know how this happened, but we’re sure it’s yours.” the intern repeated the words the old Day-Care Man had taught her. “Do you want to take it with you?”
“Of course I do!”

With a sigh of relief, the intern got back inside. She didn’t know how late it was, so she checked the watch on her arm. Almost 2AM. She was sure she had forgotten something important. But she just couldn’t remember what it was.
At least, until she heard a cackling laughter, and a pair of red-glowing eyes began to appear from behind the Day Care’s counter.
<Rule number two. Don’t feed the Morgrem after midnight.>
The intern’s horrified scream tore through the silence of the night and then fell silent as quickly as it began.

~

“Looks like our new intern left in the middle of her shift.” the old Day-Care Man grumbled. “She didn’t even leave a note. Today’s youth is really beyond remedy.”
“Don’t worry, my dear.” his wife smiled, and for a second, there was a slight red shimmer in her eyes. “We still have time to find a worthy successor for this Day Care. Lots of time…”
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

As it has been 3 weeks, entries are now closed.