This contest will close at 11:55 PM PDT on July 1st
>Entries go here<
This contest is going to be a bit different from others. Previously you had to complete a specific task in order to qualify for a contest. This time, however, you can make an entry with any medium you choose!
What does this mean? You can enter whatever you want that applies to the theme. Writing, photos, drawings, anything you want. You have free reign to use anything you wish (hence the name).
Here are a few rules that you MUST follow when creating your entries, or you will be disqualified:
1) The entry must relate to summer and Pokemon/Virtuadopt in some way. If I can't see how it relates then you won't qualify.
2) Any art form (including sprites, banners, etc) must be created 100% by you or using official images only! Official images include stock art, game sprites, brushes that come with the program by default, etc. You may also use VA art or sprites for the purpose of this contest, though they are not normally free-to-use. This includes any part of your project, such as sprites on a trainer card or brushes on a banner. Anyone who uses any art that does not fit one of those two categories will not only be banned from the contest but could end up banned from the website. If you aren't sure whether something counts as official, ask me!
3) Any photos you take must include your name and Viruadopt somewhere in the photo. It can't be digitally added afterwards; it must be somewhere in the actual photo.
4) Writing-related entries must be approximately between 500-1500 words. I will be somewhat lenient but too much over or under will disqualify you.
5) If you have been banned from the forums at any point during the duration of the contest, you will not be allowed to enter.
6) You may only have one entry. Obviously you can do different things while planning your entry, but your final entry must be a single product. If it is a photo, you may have multiple angles, or if it is an art project you can have multiple stages of development, as long as they all represent the same thing.
The following things aren't rules, but they are general tips for entry:
1) If you don't know something, ask me! During the beginning of the contest I will be dealing with finals and moving back home, so I may not be as available, but towards the end of the contest I will be on summer break, so I will have more time to answer. PMing is usually best to ask me questions, but I will check the discussion topic as well.
2) You have an entire month for the contest, so use it. Rushed entries that look like there was no time put in will not receive a good score. On that note..
3) There may not be a consolation prize, so do your best. Don't count on entering something half-assed and getting a promo just for "trying" because it probably won't happen.
4) Due to the freedom of this contest, creativity will be more of a factor than it was in the past. If you can draw a picture of a Charmander looking at an ocean sunset, that might look nice, but it's not very original. However, if you can make a website that shows a Pokedex with entries of summer Pokemon, that would be much more unique and would probably score a lot higher. (Don't use my example now lol)
I reserve the right to add more rules/tips if I realize there was something I didn't cover.
Now, I bet you're all waiting to see what you can win for this. Once again, Nautilus has prepared a lovely promotional adoptable:
Exceptional entries may also receive an additional prize, so do your best!