Global Trade Station, gotta trade 'em all!

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
stefanol
soul supreme+

Global Trade Station, gotta trade 'em all!

Post by stefanol »

In celebration of 100K unique visits, I'd like to announce, that we have finally opened Global Trade Station. You no longer need to contact with the other person, and exchange ID's and VC's with them, risking being scammed. You no longer have to add manually each one of them as well.

All you have to do, is to visit our Global Trade Station. There, you can make trades containing chosen Virtuadopts. Other people may see all the trades (or even look for certain kind of Virtuadopt), and make an offer. Next time you will check your trade lots, you will see if, and what other people offered. If you accept such an offer, simply, Virtuadopts from your trade travel to offerer, Virtuadopts from offer go to your account. The Virtuacodes are automatically changed, so there is no risk of scamming.

If you offer on someone's trade, you will have status of that offer. Unknown means, that trade owner didn't yet do anything with your offer. If status is in red, that means he turned down that offer (and you need to delete that offer, to get them back on your account). If your offer has green status, it means you trade owner chose your offer :king:

Moreover, introducing GTS brings us evolving by trade, so, you may be able to get some adoptables, that evolve only by trading.

Go check by yourself!

http://www.virtuadopt.com/gts.php

I am still testing everything, so if you encounter a bug, let me know.
The Global Trade Station forum will disappear in around 24h.

On a side note, thanks to stream, Pokeplushies admins lifted our ban, that appeared somewhere in the past, due to some affairs. You can now post our Virtuadopts in PP signatures!
ImageAdoptable
stream
Paranoid ex-Mod

Re: Global Trade Station, gotta trade 'em all!

Post by stream »

Im so glad its finnaly up =] Stef,Yankee and me tested it before and it works perfect, now I can get a Gengar and Alakazam =D

@Read the side note pp members. :)
Groovy!
Aku

Post by Aku »

Omg, this is great news! I wasn't expecting this to be ready for a while yet, I'm gonna try it right now =)
Adoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Image Image Image
KAL

Post by KAL »

very cool Stef, this is great, I want to see if some of mine evolve by trading :D
Joy

Post by Joy »

Aha I just PM a lot of people last night about trading Pokemon, will be nice we can use an official system now! You were fast at programming it. ;D Thanks so much for this! ~whee; runs off to do some trading~
? To who those are wondering about my Pokemon: No, I did not get hacked.
I feel this life is more important than material possessions. ?

stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Only four can evolve by trading right now, you can guess which ones :)
ImageAdoptable
Pepper

Post by Pepper »

Easy. ;D
AdoptableAdoptable
gizmo00999

Post by gizmo00999 »

butterfree evolutions, drowzee, abra and.... and.. something xD
Adoptable
Joy

Post by Joy »

I noticed after a trade is accepted it says: Status: Trade owner chose this offer. Congratz!. My question is, do we then delete the lot/offer? Because the lot still says on the page, even after we have gotten our Pokemon from the trade.

Also I got this when Trading a Kadabra with another Kadabra:

Congratz, you have chosen the following offer:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare imagecenterttf() (previously declared in /home/virtuado/domains/virtuadopt.com/public_html/rebuild.php:16) in /home/virtuado/domains/virtuadopt.com/public_html/rebuild.php on line 24
Last edited by Joy on April 17th, 2009, 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gizmo00999

Post by gizmo00999 »

i have a question too, if i offer some1 a pokemon and his offline, he doesnt accepts while his offline, while that the pokemon i offered i trade it to some1 else, some1 else doesnt changes the code yet, the other player goes online, and accepts the trade, that means i get 2 pokemons, but lose only 1? :D
Adoptable
Joy

Post by Joy »

gizmo00999 wrote:i have a question too, if i offer some1 a pokemon and his offline, he doesnt accepts while his offline, while that the pokemon i offered i trade it to some1 else, some1 else doesnt changes the code yet, the other player goes online, and accepts the trade, that means i get 2 pokemons, but lose only 1? :D

The Virtuacodes are automatically changed, so there is no risk of scamming.

Aku

Post by Aku »

Pokémon wrote:
gizmo00999 wrote:i have a question too, if i offer some1 a pokemon and his offline, he doesnt accepts while his offline, while that the pokemon i offered i trade it to some1 else, some1 else doesnt changes the code yet, the other player goes online, and accepts the trade, that means i get 2 pokemons, but lose only 1? :D

The Virtuacodes are automatically changed, so there is no risk of scamming.
And you can't offer a pokemon in a trade if it's already offered to another anyway, you have to cancel the first one first.
Adoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Image Image Image
Ash

Post by Ash »

Cool!
Thanks Stef!
Telstel

Post by Telstel »

i only have one egg at the moment ehhe
but i'll try it out when i get a double
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
LunarGryffin

Post by LunarGryffin »

ooooo....nice GTS stef. you've been doing great with these updates(and I bet that wasn't easy to put on the site).
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Pokémon: it should only be a shadow of the trade lot, and offer. Both traded, and offered shouldn't be in trade/offer anymore, and it only views the old trade. You should delete the offer for the sake of deleting it, but it is not needed for correct work of GTS.

As for the error, it appeared when more than one Virtuadopts from trade/offer had to evolve. I think I fixed it now.

Thanks LG, it certainly wasn't easy :) I am glad I managed to finish it, after halway, I started noticing lots of stupid things I wrote, and it was hard to operate with them. I still need to learn a lot, but heck, that's the main reason this site exists :king:
ImageAdoptable
Joy

Post by Joy »

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure if it was ok to delete the older trades. Your right, it doesn't seem to be doing the shadow trades anymore. You work fast for correcting things. Again, thank you so much for adding this feature. It will give me hours of entertainment, lol. :D

LunarGryffin

Post by LunarGryffin »

Yeah. stef does work fast. and tbh, this thing was so huge that it was bound to have some bugs(even after the beta testers, since they can't catch everything). Honestly, I'm surprised stefanol got this up as fast as he did.

NP stef..you're a good friend for what its worth. And makes sense over why this site exists. good way to learn more coding skills.
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

I think you misunderstood me.

a)when trade owner deletes trade lot, it isn't viewable anywhere (and can't be offered on), and it discards (not deletes) offers.

b)when trade owner accepts someones offer, it discards all the other offers and accepts chosen offer. The trade lot is made invisible in GTS, and it can only be viewed by people, whose offers were discarded. What they see is only the shadow of the trade - the trade doesn't exist anymore, can't be offered on, and can only be viewed. Virtuadopt in those "shadow" trades can be normally traded in other trades. Shadow trade disappear once you delete the offer notice.

blarg, it's unclear, but imo it works as it should ;)

//ah I think I know what you meant... That when you accept someone's offer, you still see it everywhere, right? It had to do with earlier error with evolving Pokemon. Should temporary work now.
ImageAdoptable
Konichiwa

Post by Konichiwa »

Great update guys^^ Thanks.
Adoptable
My first hatched egg,help Waffles be lv.+100 8D