Post Formatting: Tables

Ideas and suggestions that have been acted upon and implemented.
Tango

Post Formatting: Tables

Post by Tango »

Was curious if it was at all conceivable for the post formatting of VA to be expanded a little.

There have been times when I want to format columns of content, and currently the only way I know how to accomplish that effect is to hide dashes colored the same as the background in-between the content I want to have side-by-side. Is very ugly, and isn't too effective since the spacing/sizing changes based on the display. But it's the only way to do it (that I know of atm).

When listing something like the mega stone list in my trade station as an example, having to use 1 line per stone is a huge waste of space versus the hacked together 3 column thing I have now.

So... I was hoping that the possibility for tables, or something of that like that would allow for the possibility of sectioned columned content, would be something possible to bring into the editor.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Re: Post Formatting: Tables

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

For the forum? Probably doable
Tango

Post by Tango »

Mmhm! Just for general posting on the forum. Was imagining a simplified/limited version of html tables basically. I think it would allow anyone who wants to pretty up the design of some of their announcement/contest/trade station/etc posts the opportunity to do something other than center aligning everything.

Though, not sure how many members would actually care to play around with design like that, just know that I would ^^ Would've been handy for something like that recipe contest.

Thank you for taking a look Yankees. Cheers!
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
═══════»«═══════
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

Works the same way as HTML tables. I'm not adding BBCode buttons for them though as they are a little complicated and should only be used if you know what you are doing.

Cell 1 Cell 2
Cell 3 Cell 4

Code: Select all

[table]
[tr]
[td]Cell 1[/td]
[td]Cell 2[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cell 3[/td]
[td]Cell 4[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Tango

Post by Tango »

<3 !!!

I'ma test it out by replacing that ugly mess of a megastone list I have ^^
This is awesome, thanks so much yankees

An idea for expanding this: rowspan and colspan functionality. But I'm super happy with just basic tables :D
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
═══════»«═══════