A Decade of Virtuadopt Comes to an End

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
Tango

Re: A Decade of Virtuadopt Comes to an End

Post by Tango »

I wish I could get eggs that fast wow! Before the change it was maybe once every week - two weeks I'd get one egg depending on what I was trying to breed. With the occasional spark of luck that'd get me two eggs in a day; that was super nice ;)

But with the change, if I was clicking as much as I used to (darn rl things), I can get one every few days instead. Is much much nicer. Without clicking more than ~500 a day I get one roughly once a week like I used to, but never have to wait two weeks for one which is still a plus.

Still no breedin' quest for me. Another mega. Man, and it took forever to get my last mega one done. Slowbro took nearly all day just to get 20 clicks ^^; I almost ran out of time for him despite him having enough CE credits from the start. Oh well, hopefully this one goes a bit faster so I can try out for an Alolan form :D The grimer looks nice, and Marowak is sweet! Haven't seen the other ones yet.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

Information:
Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Vulpix evolve through use of an Ice Stone. You don't need to give these Pokemon an Everstone because they don't evolve from gaining levels.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
VelumSanguine

Post by VelumSanguine »

FairyPrincessCynthia wrote: April 9th, 2019, 9:28 pm Information:
Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Vulpix evolve through use of an Ice Stone. You don't need to give these Pokemon an Everstone because they don't evolve from gaining levels.
it don`t work. The System say "The ice stone had no effect!"... mh, what do i wrong?
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

VelumSanguine wrote: April 11th, 2019, 4:29 am it don`t work. The System say "The ice stone had no effect!"... mh, what do i wrong?
you need to use the stone on an alolan sandshrew or vulpix. unless i am mistaken, you do not have any on your account.
Adoptable
VelumSanguine

Post by VelumSanguine »

mauwie wrote: April 11th, 2019, 5:28 am
VelumSanguine wrote: April 11th, 2019, 4:29 am it don`t work. The System say "The ice stone had no effect!"... mh, what do i wrong?
you need to use the stone on an alolan sandshrew or vulpix. unless i am mistaken, you do not have any on your account.

and how do I get the pokies? breeding? or hachted from an egg?
and i see an alolan Raichu... omg
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Under the quests tab. You have a 50% chance of getting quest for a mega pokemon from Roark, and a 50% chance of getting a hatching quest from Hala.
Hala's quest is to hatch a Pokemon that has an Alola form. The quest will ask you to hatch 1 to 4 of that species(at least I assume 1 is a variable), and once you complete the quest, you'll recieve an egg that contained the Alolan form of the Pokemon you just hatched.

I assume this method works with random hatching from adopted eggs, but the best way to complete this quest is to utilize the daycare canter and the new percentage bar it comes with.
Clicking adopts fills the bar, and filling the bar gives you a much higher chance of your Pokemon yielding an egg.
VelumSanguine

Post by VelumSanguine »

AcryliCat UwU wrote: April 11th, 2019, 11:41 am Under the quests tab. You have a 50% chance of getting quest for a mega pokemon from Roark, and a 50% chance of getting a hatching quest from Hala.
Hala's quest is to hatch a Pokemon that has an Alola form. The quest will ask you to hatch 1 to 4 of that species(at least I assume 1 is a variable), and once you complete the quest, you'll recieve an egg that contained the Alolan form of the Pokemon you just hatched.

I assume this method works with random hatching from adopted eggs, but the best way to complete this quest is to utilize the daycare canter and the new percentage bar it comes with.
Clicking adopts fills the bar, and filling the bar gives you a much higher chance of your Pokemon yielding an egg.
thx, i would never have the 50% chance of getting a hatching , because i have no luck at such things :lol: i clicked since months the click exange and had 2 Congratz... :lol: :lol: :lol:
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

VelumSanguine wrote: April 11th, 2019, 11:50 am
AcryliCat UwU wrote: April 11th, 2019, 11:41 am Under the quests tab. You have a 50% chance of getting quest for a mega pokemon from Roark, and a 50% chance of getting a hatching quest from Hala.

thx, i would never have the 50% chance of getting a hatching , because i have no luck at such things :lol: i clicked since months the click exange and had 2 Congratz... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sure you'll get some eventually- you're garunteed one or other upon yiur quest resetting, so it's pretty easy to come across. It may take time to collect each Alolan version, however.
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

False
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

yankeesrule3526 wrote: April 11th, 2019, 3:14 pm
False
Sorry, I thought I saw Mauwie or Sora post that statistic earlier.
Tango

Post by Tango »

mauwie wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 3:25 am you have a 50/50 chance to get either a mega quest or a different kind of quest
You did. But, it was April Fools Day so maybe..?

Certainly doesn't feel 50/50. *hasn't gotten a single hatching quest yet*
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
═══════»«═══════
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

I still think there should be a choice.
Or a choice plus the option of doing both quest types at the same time.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

It's actually 2/3 of getting an Alolan, for now. It'll probably go to 50/50 once they've been out a while.
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

FairyPrincessCynthia wrote: April 11th, 2019, 9:30 pm I still think there should be a choice.
Or a choice plus the option of doing both quest types at the same time.
I have to say that I like this idea quite a lot,, would make for one more thing to work on at once, too
Pokemon Knight

Post by Pokemon Knight »

I think there should be quest system similar to Pokémon GO
As in you get 1 quest(click x amount of times,hatch x amount of eggs,etc) a day and they can stack up to 3 and each quest has a mini prize(items,money,etc) and if you complete 7 of them you get a weekly quest which is harder and has a better prize(garunteed codes for legendaries that are currently available on the slots,maybe UBs,etc) and then there is a grand(ultra) quest which will take a lot of time and has a an amazing prize(UBs,2x shiny rate for 24 hours,2x chance of winning in the slots)
I think there’s a lot you could do with this idea and it could increase activity of the site overall
If you want something like this VV just PM me ;)
Kaede

Post by Kaede »

Does eggs count when they are breed before getting the quest but hatching them when quest started?
Collections listed in my forum profile.
Tango

Post by Tango »

I'd be on board with FairyPrincess' suggestion. 3 mega quests in a row kinda sucks since they take most of a week to do even if you don't want them, and longer if you decide not to spend the resources on it.

Or just having some way to decline a mega quest so you're not left unable to do any quests for that period of time if you don't want to level the same adopt for the 10th time. If declined, there could be some sort of delay before you're allowed to start the next one. Like 24hrs or something. That way it can't be abused too much to just cycle through to what you want. If the randomness is the key feature of the quests. Maybe even have 2 separate expiration timers. When generated you have ~3 days to accept it, and if not it goes away. But if you accept it then it extends to the time it uses now.

Edit:
I don't think eggs gotten before the quest starts count toward it because it seems to be based on obtaining the egg and not hatching it. I just finished my first alola quest and it awarded me the alolan egg immediately after receiving my 4th rattata egg.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
═══════»«═══════
Ecco
** TROPIUS **

Post by Ecco »

Is there already a official alolan dex number in sight ?
Siemik
Star Guardian

Post by Siemik »

Will be there more events? *-*
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

I was hoping for an easter event, but it seems like there will be none^^°
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.