Server Move 2019

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
Karasume

Re: Server Move 2019

Post by Karasume »

Spent about $600k and got about $450k back.

And 39 Volcanions.

Same number as I got last time, actually, but I didn't get a crazy return on my investment.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Six 3-matches and 1 Volcanion, and 5k+ back after spending 20k, so that's pretty alright :>
Pokemon Knight

Post by Pokemon Knight »

I don’t know how you guys are LOSING money
Every time I play I always get more than what I bought
Last time I spend 120K and got 180K
If you want something like this VV just PM me ;)
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

Pokemon Knight wrote: February 11th, 2019, 7:39 pm I don’t know how you guys are LOSING money
Every time I play I always get more than what I bought
Last time I spend 120K and got 180K
Mathematically, with calculated odds, you get a 115%-120% return.
I got a 150% return on my first lotto.
I think we're all just getting unlucky at this point, but returns are still quite high.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

Tango

Post by Tango »

For a money sink intended for older users with tons of money it doesn't really seem to be very good at it, haha. It's only a money sink for those who can't afford to buy enough tickets to win more than 1 three-match. Bundled with the lower prizes also being geared toward older members the lotto is basically only for those with nothing else to do with their resources -- and doesn't even help spend said stashed resources, it grows bigger! ^^;

I got 1 volcanion on the first draw and nothing with the three matches I've gotten since and lose money every time I play. I only have 1 Arceus so the dozens of plates don't do me any good and I never get any random items from the 3 matches either. So guess I'm done with the lotto now. Save mah monies so when/if the prize changes I can splurge on ticket buys ;D

Also back on topic with the server move... Does anyone else find box-clicking slower than it used to be? CE clicking is faster for sure, and loading dex icons, but ever since the move clicking through my daily user list takes nearly double the time.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Yeah.. since I won my 1 Volcanion, I feel like I might be done for a little while. Last time I spent a little more than 20k and only got about 5.100$ back, which is fair, considering it's meant to be a money sink.

However, it seems like most users who can spend 100k an onward are making money, not losing it.
To be perfectly honest though, I can't complain because I genuinely don't have a very reasonable suggestion to fix this.

Other than to bring back the raffle, which, I think ill make a separate, pretty little post abiut so I can explain further. Look out for it.

Anyways, with what Tango said, my user boxes do seem to be loading slower than normal, but I wasn't sure at first if it was just my computer being the trash that it is. That may still be the case, honestly.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I was assured this would not be a problem, though I had my doubts about that. I'm glad others are catching on. Seems I'm not a biased outlier.

However, I don't think there's a way to fix the Lottery, because there are too many people fixated on the fact that rich users can play it more (duh) and thus win more. With such opposition, there's no winning. I'm not really sure what can be done in this situation.

Frankly, I don't think I've ever seen a Lottery function in such an odd way as it does here. I'm going to chalk it up to lack of features/resources to pool from.

AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I don't think the lottery, or any money dump for that matter, is fixable without some sort limitation on the amount you can buy. But with the odds the lottery are at, limiting how many tickets can be bought would really make it close to impossible that anyone would win the jackpot, as impossible as it is already.
Therefore making lottery ticket limitation a very, very poor solution, which means it's just going to have to do with the way that it is.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

@Tango, yes I have noticed it is very laggy on VA and the click exchange has been laggy for me too.
As for limiting tickets, it could be an option if the odds were tinkered with to be better, like maybe 25 to 30, instead of 45. Or puttting the shiny on 4 number win and limiting. Fpr me, I have been putting in 10 to 14k and I have been on the losing end of it every time. Even my 4 number win was when it only paid 1000 dollars, so yeah, lost every time
Adoptable
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

Just a little idea I just had: Since there has been some talk about the lottery only appealing to older/richer users, how about adding an additional prize of let's say 5.000$ that is guaranteed to be distributed to one single user who participated in the lottery, with the same chances for everyone, no matter if they bought 1 ticket or 10.000?
That might encourage everyone to participate without having to spend tons of money and still having the chance to win something. :)
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

While that's definitely a generously kind suggestion, we could all just buy only one ticket and get paid up to 10.000$ a week for doing literally nothing ^^"
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

Yeah, well, but isn't that the point of a lottery (apart from burning a lot of money)? To be able to lean back and still get "paid"? :P
Besides, I don't think "rich" users would care that much about winning 5k, while it might help others with less money to buy some more tickets next time.
(And I can't imagine anybody saying "okay, I clicked enough to buy one ticket, I have the chance to win 5k now, so I won't do anything on VA anymore!")
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

The point of the lottery is a money dump- you're supposed to have a good chance of losing more than you put in, while still having a chance to win everything back, plus a lot more.
The problem right now is that it's next to impossible to actually win the jackpot, those who can spend 100k are getting way more than what they paid back without actually winning the jackpot, and those who can't pay more than that are losing 3/4ths of what they put in.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

It should be next to impossible to win the jackpot. That's why the other prizes are supposed to be appealing.

But there's not much you could add to other prizes to make them appealing, if I'm to be honest.

AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

^ I agree
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

^ I disagree ;)
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

That's the spirit
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

Is that a "challenge accepted" I hear?

AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I sure hope so. We got him with that reverse psychology, Kara!
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

Image Image