Increase Chance/Frequency of Daycare Breeding (Read First-Post Edits)

You have an idea for site or have a suggestion to make it better? Post here.
Kibui

Re: Increase Chance/Frequency of Daycare Breeding (Read First-Post Edits)

Post by Kibui »

This is a great update thank you so much :)

I do have a ew questions though on how exactly the chance for an egg increases: Is it only increasing as long as there's money in the daycare? Does it reset once it runs out? Do the odds for an egg reset if I change the Pokemon?
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I feel like showing the % increase progress (clicks/time) would answer just about every question and concern we have.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

Knowing where odds start picking up would give me a bare minimum to work with rather than blindly hoping things are getting better with made up numbers in my head.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Yoshiki
Total in Love with derBhaal

Post by Yoshiki »

I have the same opinion like FairyPrincessCynthia.
If I know the progress (or the excat amount of clicks), I would stop clicking (instead of going back from normal-clicks to CE-clicks) - because "daily goal" reached.
❤️ Sharing IP every day with my husband derBhaal . ❤️Image❤️
❤️
Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

I think that something that shows the increase would be nice. If I had something like this, I could see, if my daily clicks are enough or not. And if not, I would be motivated to do more to higher the increase. Atm it's just guessing and I don't know: Is it enough? Or is it just my usual misfortune I mostly have on this side? I'm still waiting for an egg since monday last week and it would be nice if I could see how high my chances are with my daily clicks atm.
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

Chances increase for VAs clicked and time passed, so your chance will steadily increase even if you don’t click. Clicks made are basically a bonus and support active players when using the DC.

There is no 100% egg, however, so you still could be unlucky for days which I sincerely hope won’t be the case anymore.
Dragi

Post by Dragi »

It seems like I get less eggs with the update. So i really don't understand the changes :/ I pay a lot for nothing.
KopierKatze
La vie en rose.

Post by KopierKatze »

It's still luckbased, I got 2 eggs that day but none since then, just wait.
And also it's not that much money and since clicking also increases your chances of getting an egg, you shouldn't run out of money that easily. (:
Dragi

Post by Dragi »

Maybe, but 5.000 per egg is a lot for me and I am not a lucky person x) but maybe today... they will be one. I keep clicking ~
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

The daycare still has to do with luck. So unlucky phases are sure to come once in a while. Fact is, the chances have been increased, and even the feature that time itself increases your chances for you has been implemented. Now you can even work towards getting an egg, instead of just waiting. And even just waiting increases your chances! But you can't be expecting that the rates have been upped that much that you can just lay back and wait for your daily egg. You still have to click, wait and have a bit of luck just like before, but not as much.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

Once in a while? When I put two Pokemon on the DC, I had this most of the time^^` - Which I hoped that it has changed in my long break, but saddly it disn't. It's just frustrating, reading that everyone gets their egg sooner or later, only I'm still unlucky. And before you say anything, I'm on my Smartphone right now and can only click when I'm at the PC.
AdoptableImage
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

Just an FYI, putting 2 Pokemon in the Daycare that are not the same heavily hurts yours odds of them finding an egg compared to using 2 Pikachu, for example. That could be why it seems people get eggs faster than you. Post update, I cut the initial odds of finding an egg in half to account for the rate at which it can go down, making it twice as hard as before. But, since you have the power to make it go down, that should even out and almost guarantee an egg. In the end though, you all get the same base chance if the activity "meter" is maxed.

I'm leery about putting a progress bar because it gives away the mystery of your odds. But I will say you could do nothing for 1 week and should still get an egg from it. Every 100 clicks/hr (either normal click or ANY CE feed) will result in an increase of your odds by 1. Click 1,000 adopts in an hour? Increased your odds by 10 (not 10%).
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

I know, that it's better to put the same two species into the DC, that's why I put Chespin and Quilladin into it, which are kinda the same to me, only that one Chespin evoled one time^^°
Seems like it's just my bad luck.

But thank you for the numbers, I can actually work with these to understand how much I should at least click to get a good chance :-)
AdoptableImage
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

KiraNear wrote: October 17th, 2018, 3:24 pm I know, that it's better to put the same two species into the DC, that's why I put Chespin and Quilladin into it, which are kinda the same to me, only that one Chespin evoled one time^^°
Different evolutionary stages count as different "species". You'll get better results if you have the same evolutionary stage in the DC :)

Stefanol said so in this topic:
Spoiler:
stefanol wrote: September 16th, 2009, 8:51 am
Cyrrior wrote:Ok, I've got a question, too.. (don't know if it has been asked before)
So the chance of getting an egg is lower if you put two different pokemon into the daycare center. Do evolutions count as "different pokemon", too? So if I put charmander and charizard in the daycare center would the chance be lower than if I would have used two charmanders? And if so, is it as low as with any other pokemon or is it something between same pokemon and different pokemon?
Charizard and Charmander count as different species (they only belong to the same evolution chain).
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

Yasha wrote: October 17th, 2018, 5:15 pm
KiraNear wrote: October 17th, 2018, 3:24 pm I know, that it's better to put the same two species into the DC, that's why I put Chespin and Quilladin into it, which are kinda the same to me, only that one Chespin evoled one time^^°
Different evolutionary stages count as different "species". You'll get better results if you have the same evolutionary stage in the DC :)

Stefanol said so in this topic:
Spoiler:
stefanol wrote: September 16th, 2009, 8:51 am
Cyrrior wrote:Ok, I've got a question, too.. (don't know if it has been asked before)
So the chance of getting an egg is lower if you put two different pokemon into the daycare center. Do evolutions count as "different pokemon", too? So if I put charmander and charizard in the daycare center would the chance be lower than if I would have used two charmanders? And if so, is it as low as with any other pokemon or is it something between same pokemon and different pokemon?
Charizard and Charmander count as different species (they only belong to the same evolution chain).
Really? I always thought that it would not make a big difference if I use two of the same evolutionary stage or from two different O_o
Maybe it helps if I switch one of them ... thank you for telling me :-)
AdoptableImage
MiaLily

Post by MiaLily »

yankeesrule3526 wrote: October 17th, 2018, 10:52 am In the end though, you all get the same base chance if the activity "meter" is maxed.

I'm leery about putting a progress bar because it gives away the mystery of your odds. But I will say you could do nothing for 1 week and should still get an egg from it. Every 100 clicks/hr (either normal click or ANY CE feed) will result in an increase of your odds by 1. Click 1,000 adopts in an hour? Increased your odds by 10 (not 10%).
Thanks yanks for the clarification. I'm overall a bit mollified since getting up extra early yesterday to click for a bit resulted in an egg during the day.

It's still not 100% clear to me though: Does the odds increase accumulate over time or does it just increase for the specific hour? So in your example from above, does the clicker increase its chance by 10 for the next top of the hour or for every top of the hour until the next egg is eventually found?
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

yankeesrule3526 wrote: October 17th, 2018, 10:52 am I'm leery about putting a progress bar because it gives away the mystery of your odds. But I will say you could do nothing for 1 week and should still get an egg from it. Every 100 clicks/hr (either normal click or ANY CE feed) will result in an increase of your odds by 1. Click 1,000 adopts in an hour? Increased your odds by 10 (not 10%).
I can understand keeping the mystery, but we don't know the odds of our pokemon laying an egg, and we don't need to know the exact odds, only the increase. Consider also that new players are going to be horrendously confused by how the system works. If there comes a time when the Daycare update gets scrolled down by other news updates, New players won't even know such a feature exists.

I'll use a different example. Currently, there's no way of knowing your egg-chances in the daycare. The rate has been so abysmally low that no one really wanted to test, especially since most people here are casual players. That said, the fact that two same-species pokemon have a higher breeding chance than two pokemon in the same egg group is a surprise. While it's something that would seem obvious to some, it isn't obvious to others. I for one felt like I had the same chances with the same species and without. Again, it's not something that people can really test due to the low chance. You'd need several months' worth of data, and let's face it. Ain't nobody got time fo dat. When it comes to placing Pokemon in the daycare, if they're compatible, we get the same message. "The two seem to get along." This message is the same even if they're different compatible species. There would be no way of knowing what you said earlier was true unless it was told to us by you.

Like I said, I can understand having some mystery, but I don't think this classifies as such. These things aren't testable. So the lack of information isn't interesting. It's frustrating to some, a minor turn-off for others, or even a completely unknown variable.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Yoshiki
Total in Love with derBhaal

Post by Yoshiki »

thx yankee for changing the old "unique" click amount into new "overall" click amount. :D
Than means CE=normal clicks.
❤️ Sharing IP every day with my husband derBhaal . ❤️Image❤️
❤️
Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️Adoptable❤️
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Does this mean that every hour, your chances are reset? Or is it going to reset when you receive an egg? Or is it going to reset when the day is over?

I suppose I'm not sure if I'm understanding the math of this completely.
If I were to take three hours to click my routine of 5000 adopts, that means my chances are raised by 50(also, 50 what, if not percent?), but when I get an egg, do my chances go away? Or even, after the hour I've clicked 1600-1700 adopts, whether i recieve and egg or not, does my increased chance of 16-17 reset back to zero?
Or do you have the same chance throughout the day once you do your clicks?

I think, also, that I agree with Kara in that I don't think the daycare odds should be a mystery, or something that we're meant to figure out or all in all never figure out. I breed a lot, whether it's meant for collection or eventual shiny breeding- I for one would at least like to know my odds, rather than be in the dark abiut what advantage I may or may not have over the day.

I'm not particularly sure that "clicks/per hour", if it means how it came across, is a good idea.
Unless you just simply means clicks, which I think is the more overall fair way to run the numbers. They way you've made it sound is that if we click 1000 adopts in an hour, they won't matter after that hour.
Maybe I just understood that wrong, let me know, but I'm still standing with the opinion that the chances should increase alongside your overall clicks for the day.

Another way to do this would be to run by percentages per click.

I'm not sure what the odds are for the daycare regularly- I'm going to take 50% right now, however. Yes, percentage, and not just some number. That's just easier for me in particular to understand, and I'm sure other, too.

Let's say each click increases your base chance(50%), by 0.01%.

50% + 0.01%(Number of Clicks)

50% + 0.01%(500) = 55%

That's pretty simple math, easy for everyone to understand, and it makes it easy to make a plan for yourself for how many clicks you need to make to get the kind of chances that you want.
As far as not wanting chances to max- make the actual max around 90%. This way when people click the max, they don't receive any more daycare rewards for that day.

If we really wanted maximum daycare chances to be something to work for(as if 4000 clicks isn't quite a lot of work in itself), the percentage you gain from a click could be cut in half.

50% +0.005%(1000) = 55%

That's just a musing of what it could be, I'm not sure if that's what it is. It's a lot easier to see the base chance and what it'll raise by, alongside what the maximum is.

Much simpler than saying that our chances increase by (this number) within (this amount of time) out of (this unknown number).

Sorry if this is like, too much. I just feel like a base percentage, a steady increased based on clicks alone, and a maximum percentage is just way easier to deal with.
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

Since yankees implemented a progress bar just this hour I think a lot of these questions will be answered. Wether it will be reset every hour or not, for example. And how many clicks you have to maximize the bar.

btw this is an amazing feature, thank you very much, yankees :)
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.