The New Quick Access Key

Have any questions regarding Virtuadopt? Ask here!
Karasume

The New Quick Access Key

Post by Karasume »

According to this post, a quick access key (Q) has been added to the CE. Pressing Q doesn't seem to work. Does it have some other function other than what I thought it might be? If so, where do I use it and what's it for?
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Jore

Re: The New Quick Access Key

Post by Jore »

It depends on your browser:
Firefox is Alt + Shift + Q
Google Chrome is Alt + Q
However, it's uncomfortable using this on these browsers, I won't recommend it ;_;
Opera and other browsers might be different as well, I can't test these.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

Alt + Q? Oh yikes, Alt + click makes me download the link, so if I didn't let go of Alt, I'd end up having annoying download links in my folder.
I wish it were listed as such in the post, but that ain't a big deal.
Well, thanks anyways~
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

Yasha

Post by Yasha »

Opera is ALT + Q as well :)
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

what is this supposed to do? I use chrome and I have not seen any change doing alt + Q but maybe I am doing it wrong. It would help if I knew what it was for, and how to use it
Adoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

After you've clicked an adopt you can use the q shortcut to get back to the CE without having to move your mouse to the return link.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
49ER

Post by 49ER »

oh ok. That sounds like more trouble than just clicking with the mouse

Edit: I made a shortcut key for the alt Q so I can just click one key to do it. That makes it easier
Adoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I feel like even if I did do that, I'd end up pressing the key too early and downloading a billion links by accident. I'd be mashing the key.

Still a pretty great idea, though.

49ER

Post by 49ER »

Don't give up on it. If you set up a single key shortcut for the Alt + Q, and practice it, you can get a rhythm going and get some good clicking in. Here is an extension for Google chrome to try:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gddngobkck

There is no danger of using shortcut too much, it hasn't affected it. You may accidentally overclick the click bar and have to go back.

The only thing I wonder about is if I get a congratz and have already clicked the alt Q shortcut, but I have not had one yet to see what happens
Adoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

If you get a congratz and you accidentally click past it, in Chrome (and I believe FireFox as well) you can hit the back button and still redeem the code. So as long as you are paying attention you should be okay.

There is a way to change the shortcut to a single key using the extension? I couldn't find the spot to change it to a single key, instead of using the control+alt+Q in chrome. I tried changing it before and just assumed it wasn't possible.
Adoptable
49ER

Post by 49ER »

chrome is supposed to be Alt + Q, no control. Try resetting it that way and then refresh your page to enable it. Otherwise you might check your keyboard manufacturer. I read somewhere that almost any keyboard can be programmed that way.
Also I did win a couple Congratz and was able to go back to them. Otherwise I would have lost them, I went too fast.

Also, it may not work if you are using incognito. I have a desktop computer with a logitech keyboard with 6 programmable keys on the left side, so it is really handy. I am not really sure how to set up the other thing, but it is worth finding out if you don't have desktop.
Adoptable