Monthly Event Discussion

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Re: Monthly Event Discussion

Post by mauwie »

how do you guys usually level your monthlies? like i know in the CE, but do you usually get a few to 500 and stop, then a few to 600 and so on, or do you usually just try to level them as high as possible?
Adoptable
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I try for 1000 to 1100 but since CE is only option, I don't think they will get that high in one week--and I do that with all of them
Adoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

thats a good idea. i usually level mine in intervals of 100 like i stated, but i'm thinking this time around i want to level them as high as i can.
Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

I have enough in me to click enough to get 100 credits each on 12 eggs, so that's what I'll do daily until they crack. My math says the daily average is 70-90 credits consumed.

Now if the CE is the only viable option, and it's not very active, wouldn't that mean that the total amount of community shinies is going to be lower since eggs won't be hitting those higher levels?
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

the levels in which shiny monthlies hatch have been changed. they have been lowered for the past few monthlies due to less activity and the ability to get higher levels isn't as obtainable as it used to be. if not many are hatched, usually the levels are adjusted again so that more shinies appear.
Adoptable
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

There is one more option for leveling: the Daycare. Yes, you can only put two eggs in there, and yes, it will only be 1 level per hour, but if you have them in there for, say, seven days non-stop then that's 168 level more per egg. You can have them simultaniously in the CE and the Daycare, but whenever you want to change/add credits you have to pull them out... I'll do it for the time being for the eggs that get the highest amount of credits from me for the CE, so that rises the Shiny chance a little bit more :)
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
Nery
Coffee Freak

Post by Nery »

Yasha wrote:There is one more option for leveling: the Daycare. Yes, you can only put two eggs in there, and yes, it will only be 1 level per hour, but if you have them in there for, say, seven days non-stop then that's 168 level more per egg.
aah... I never thought of that :c thanks
Virtuadopt Click-Box
Collecting: Seel, Dewgong, Houndour, Houndoom, Abandoned Mimikyu and Anpu Houndoom
(Future Gens: Gothorita, Deerling, Klink, Cofagrigus, Archen, Mimikyu)
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

mauwie wrote:i usually level mine in intervals of 100 like i stated, but i'm thinking this time around i want to level them as high as i can.
That's what I did when there was still a lot of activity on VA and it always worked pretty well. I leveled my eggs from 100 till 1000 in intervals of 100. But the last time I tried that it didn't really work out at all because the CE is filled to the brim with eggs and Yarolds is no longer an option. My highest leveled egg didn't get past 700 and all the other eggs missed the goal by 100-300 levels too. So now I was thinking if I should just try to get as many eggs as possible to level 100-200.
I collect: Steenee, Lurantis, Passimian, Dragonair, Mareep, Gardevoir,
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Do eggs get more hits if you put them all in for 100 each instead of 1000 each? ^curious^
Adoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

Luci, i don't think it matters how many credits you put on them. i think it just depends how many adopts are in there and how many people are clicking (each of my eggs has 1,000 on them, and their levels are about the same as everyone elses).

aaand yeah, Ashy, from what i remember last time i tried to get my eggs to hit certain levels and i missed my marked goals for them and then i didn't get many shinies. that's why i think this time i'm just going to level them as high as i can until they hatch... but the 100-300 levels might be a good idea.
Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

mauwie is correct. The statistical odds that any of your adopts are going to get clicked is based entirely on how many total adopts are in the system combined with the amount of overall amount of people using the Click Exchange as a whole.

In relation to that, you could expect to see your adopts gain a whole lot of levels if there was a "total amount of clicks" type of promo event active at the same time as the monthly eggs. 10,000 clicks to get a Lady Puffy, for example, would see a whole lot of CE activity from various users who would not click otherwise.

Interesting side note. The 12 eggs I've been leveling have changed location in their box in relation to the 8 that I have not. We might be looking at a monthly that changes depending on what level it is.
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

I noticed that, too. Only the ones I did not level or level only with a little amounts of clicks (two times 50 and two times 100) stayed at the original position. Makes me curious :)

[EDIT]
Whelp, six switched back to their original position. Funny XD

[EDIT 2]
Aaand there and back again to the new position ^^'
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I have a handful of eggs that are getting very few clicks, always seems to be the case. I think the eggs switching position is Yankees doing background work again, and mine have switched back. AND.......the egg description changed from First egg of August 2018 set to saying August 2018 egg.
Hmmmm
I SAY Hmmmmmmm.......!

Edit: Also the dex number to egg is changed to 9123-1
Hmmmm
I SAY Hmmmmmmm.......!
Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

ALL Pokedex entries are getting this dash one treatment. Logic would dictate that this is groundwork being put in place so that individual Pokedex entries can handle future alternate forms, such as Mega Evolutions and Alolan variants to existing Pokemon.

edit:
There's a very distinct possibility that when the Pokedex ordering bugs were going on, any Pokemon that gained levels went out of numerical order until they got refreshed with a new click level. That explains the monthly eggs shifting their order and (sort of) also explains why Pokemon went unbreedable in the Daycare.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

And now the egg description is back to saying First Virtuadopt of August 2018 Egg Set and the -1 is gone

Hmmmm.......
I SAY Hmmmm.......!
Adoptable
hatschiii

Post by hatschiii »

where can i get it
49ER

Post by 49ER »

it is below the regular eggs on adopt page
Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

My guess on the clicking average for the monthly eggs was a little overshot. The average might be closer to 50 clicks per day. Either barely anyone's clicking or there's just that much in the system. Or a combination of both.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

yeah I don't think all my eggs will even hit 300
Adoptable
49ER

Post by 49ER »

The eggs should be hatching sooooonn now!

Edit: And hatched! Dragonclaw was right!
Adoptable