Pokemon Alola Sun & Moon

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
RaptorBlu3

Re: Pokemon Alola Sun & Moon

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Were do you see the Dugtrio? I din't find any sandy areas... I really liked what they predicted for Rowletts final evolution. But i'm not a fan of the Pokedex leak. It shows the face and i'm not a fan of that. I'll probably get Litten, evolve it into Torracat and then give it a EVERSTONE!!!
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Skipachu

Post by Skipachu »

Maybe there will be a Dugtrio evelution. But I really want to see more Eeveelutions. Here are some I made up:

Rock Type: Pebblon
Ground Type: Groubaseon
Sun Type: Solarion
Moon Type: Eclispion
Poison Type: Malarion
Bug Type: Ladybion

And I have some (fake) Sound Type Pokemon too:

Speeka evolves into ==> Poppstare
Gong evolves into ==> Ginggong

Code: Select all

select all
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

RaptorBlu3, i don't think you can run into it in the demo version. someone hacked the demo version with code and was able to pull up all of the pokemon, i think including what the shiny versions will look like? this happened some years ago with x and y's demo as well.
Adoptable
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Wait. There was a XY demo?
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
Animegirl555

Re: Pokemon Sun & Moon

Post by Animegirl555 »

KopierKatze wrote:GreenBerry, oh no please no more eeveelutions ^^'
What's wrong with the eeveelutions? I happen to really like them, and I hope they make more
KopierKatze
La vie en rose.

Post by KopierKatze »

Animegirl555 wrote:
What's wrong with the eeveelutions? I happen to really like them, and I hope they make more
There's more Pokémon than just Eevee and it's not that I don't like them, but there are enough of them for the moment and the developers should spend their time for more Megas and better designs, because the new generation looks kinda off to me and they made even more forms and specials like the ultra beasts. With the new Z-Moves and all the items especially for that new Z-ring it's getting kinda confusing. :)
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

Concerning the alolan Dugtrio:
I read that you can encounter a woman at the beach that's in front of the cavern where the first challenge (the photo one) was. She's not always there but sometimes appears randomly, and if you speak to her, you can see the alolan Dugtrio through your camera option. I didn't yet managed to meet her though.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

KopierKatze wrote:
Animegirl555 wrote:
There's more Pokémon than just Eevee and it's not that I don't like them, but there are enough of them for the moment and the developers should spend their time for more Megas and better designs, because the new generation looks kinda off to me and they made even more forms and specials like the ultra beasts. With the new Z-Moves and all the items especially for that new Z-ring it's getting kinda confusing. :)
The thing is in the trailer for the Z-Move for Eevee it didn't show any new Eeveelutions... So lights out on them...
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

Oct 27 Video

Notes:
New Evolutions
- Rowlet -> Dartrix -> Decidueye (Grass/Ghost)
- Litten -> Torracat -> Incineroar (Fire/Dark)
- Popplio -> Brionne -> Primarina (Water/Fairy)
New Pokemon
- Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
- Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
- Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)
- Cosmog (Psychic)
Alola Forms
- Persian (Dark)

Alolan Pokemon League introduced

Participate in the Battle Tree and battle or team with famous trainers
- Cynthia: Champion of Sinnoh
- Wally: Rival of Hoenn
- Red: One of the playable trainers from Kanto
- Blue: Rival of Kanto

----
Personal opinion section of mine lol:

I'm sold. I'm definitely getting Litten as my starter. The finals look pretty cool imo but since sis called dibs on Rowlet in the first place, my only choices were Litten and Popplio. And both looked really awesome. But ultimately, I decided that if Incineroar was a Fire/Fighting (because it honestly looks like one XP), then I wouldn't get it (because Fighting types are not my forte). Therefore, Litten will be my second fire starter (Cyndaquil was my first).
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

a-chan, oooh, that's pretty cool. i didn't run into her either... i only played the demo once, though. i might go back and revisit it.

i actually really like all of the starters, which is a rarity for me. but i'm still going with my initial pick, popplio. primarina is so adorable, her aesthetic is right up my alley. on another note, i love that decidueye is ghost type and kinda makes me want him as my starter as well, but nope. i'm sticking with popplio.

i love that they added red and blue to the game too. my guess is that they will be some of the last battles in the game you can encounter ;p (after you beat the E4 or whatever version of the elite they have). anyway, nintendo is taking all of my money because i already pre-ordered moon and now i'm about to buy sun as well. and i'm not really one to buy strategy guides, but the collectors edition looks p sweet and i think i need that too x3
Adoptable
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I'm the opposite of you Mauwie. I like all the other starters except for these three :P
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

I'm sticking to my guns with Rowlet and this will be the first generation that I choose a grass starter. Which is VERY big for me.

Charmander/Squirtle (one in each version), Totodile/Cyndaquil (one in each version), Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawatt, Froakie, and finally Rowlet.
ImageImage
~Innoficial helper - Spanish Dept.~
Avatar/Mega Banette/Totodile: allyssonlovesowlcity@deviantart
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I don't know what to choose. I'm sorry. I don't like ANY of them... I would choose maybe litten and evolve it into Torracat and then give it an everstone... I would choose Rowlett if its final evolution didn't have that face...
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

November 14 video

Notes:
*Z-Moves for the three final evolutions of the starters have been revealed
*New Ultra Beasts, UB-03 Lighting and UB-05 Glutton, have been revealed
*New Alola forms have been officially showcased in the video:
- Diglett (Ground/Steel)
- Dugtrio (Ground/Steel)
*In-game gift revealed: Magearna
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

Am I the only one literally LOL-ing over Diglet and Dugtrio's ability of Tangled hair? I swear, they're flipping obsessed with hair hahaha
ImageImage
~Innoficial helper - Spanish Dept.~
Avatar/Mega Banette/Totodile: allyssonlovesowlcity@deviantart
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I'm begging my dad to get me some Nintendo gift cards because I need PokeBank!!!
loly27

Post by loly27 »

Am I the only one who's really nervous about the whole Z-moves dynamic?
As a competitive player I loved the addition of megas and how they (eventually, with a LOT of testing) managed to find a way to balance it out on the competitive field. I feel like if they keep adding new things like Z-moves and ultra beasts it could upset the balance so much they might not be able to recover...
Sure I love the idea of rehashing old ideas (though I'm not too fond of the new 'pokemon snap'... Found it tedious and kind of boring), but I'm certainly nervous about the idea of completely taking out gym leaders. I thought it would be cool to take over islands, considering Hawaii's location.
I dunno, maybe I'm being too harsh, and all that 'don't knock it till you try it'. I'm certainly really nervous about the new pokemon sun and moon...
IMMA STILL PLAY IT THOUGH. IMMA STILL PLAY IT.
Cheers~
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

loly - I feel the same way sometimes. I feel like, I don't know, they're kind of putting a lot of new things on our plate. I liked Mega evolutions a whole lot. It was really cool. Though I'm a little disappointed they pretty much stuck it through for just one generation (Gen 6). While they come back in Gen 7, there are no new megas and I'm just disappointed in that lol (because come on, soooo many people begged for a Mega Flygon-)

Z-Moves are just... meh to me for the most part. I was impressed at first, sort of, but as more and more come out, I'm just not as excited. And Primarina's, while it was really cool, the animation was just... so slow. Some of the moves are quick, but that one was just too long. :/ I mean, think about it. Mega evolutions always start with a longer animations with the trainer activating the ring/bracelet, but every battle after that, it's just a quick transition and that's it. I have a feeling people are going to be really sick or annoyed of seeing the same move being used over and over per battle. The good thing is that they seem to limit it once per battle, just like mega evolution I guess. And while people seem to think it's an instant KO, it's not... there were instances where it only just took out a chunk of the HP or is just a stat boost (Eevee's). I see what they're trying to achieve with the Z-Moves: Make every Pokemon have a chance to be powerful (unlike Mega Evolutions which limit to a certain set Pokemon), but at the same time, I feel like there could have been another way to do this....

I also expressed excitement for Alolan forms of the Gen 1 Pokemon, but now I feel like I'm less thrilled. I'm not trying to sound like a genwunner or anything, but I guess it's just more things for me to memorize (same with the abilities as usual). I've seen people make comments about how Gen 7 ruined Gen 1 just because of the new forms but I don't really feel that way. I guess I'm just not as impressed anymore. XP

The lack of gyms does bother me a little as well but we'll just have to wait and see, right? I mean, XY was really fun, but it was kind of too easy and after you beat the elite four, you've basically got nothing else to do. I hope they put something interesting at the end of SM.
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Who's going to try to get the Sun and Moon Collector's Edition. I am!
loly27

Post by loly27 »

MisteryEevee YESSSS I agree with basically everything.
In Omega Ruby I tended to use Mega Latios to get around instead of the fly HM, because it was just an extra slot in my party space for a rather weak pokemon. The mega animation... Like it was really cool the first time I saw it... But it just took FOREVER whenever I wanted to visit a secret island or whatever. I don't think I could stand watching those kinds of animations time and time again, ESPECIALLY during a comp match when it's supposed to be intense and exciting.

Oh god, the alolan forms. The idea of variations is really cool and I was excited for it- but oh man.... Alolan Meowth is cool and then alolan persian..... I just don't even know what to say to that.

I think some of the newer designs are pretty cool! Everyone's in LOVE with mimikyuu (though I hope there are different 'costumes' rather than just a pikachu form), and though the general consensus may disagree with my opinion, drampa is amazing. Grandfather dragon is best dragon.

If Pokemon REALLY wanted to pull an awesome 180 for their pokemon potential, I very much like the idea of pokemon set in different ages. Or maybe a time-traveler esque pokemon game? Could lead to some really cool dinosaur looking pokemon. I'm thinking I Pokemon Conquest kind of game but in more the original pokemon format. Thoughts?
Cheers~