Daycare 'Egg Chance' Bar

Ideas and suggestions that have been reviewed by staff and will not be implemented.
AcryliCat UwU

Daycare 'Egg Chance' Bar

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Alrighty, I'm gonna make this as short and sweet and to the point as I possibly can. I'm just making this suggestion because it's gotten a bit frustrating with the need to be switching the current daycare couple quite a lot.

There is no need to bump the egg chance bar to 0% after switched current breeding Pokemon

I've said this before in a different thread, but bumping the bar to 0 is a huge downside and waste of time and clicking. Unless there are going to be rewards for the bar filling multiple times with one ongoing breeding couple, the bar should never deplete and switch to 0% without getting an egg.

It's a small issue that gets me just a little ruffled when I switch my current pair out, but I hope some of you are having the same frustrations.
Let me know what you think.

Yasha

Re: Daycare 'Egg Chance' Bar

Post by Yasha »

While I don't particularly care about the bar resetting after changing a breeding pair (in three Alola quests I never had problems, only one four-eggs quest was cutting it close), I think this could lead to a programming issue.

At the moment, we are only able to change one Adopt at a time, which consequently means that the bar HAS to reset, because the one Adopt still left in the DC is not able to produce an egg. The DC would have to be reprogrammed to either allow the changing of two Adopts at once, or to save the bar progress even if no compatible pair is in the DC. In the second case, the slow progress you get over time even without clicking will probably need to be redone, too, so that it won't increase in the background.

Personally, I think it is just not worth the work. But I'm also not doing the coding and don't know how the bar was implemented in the first place... if it is an easy fix: sure, why not.

(I'm more frustrated by the quests clumping up my DC. I've been trying to breed certain shinies for ages and never got lucky, and now I can't even do that. I would really appreciate being able to breed with two pairs, even if it is just available while you are on a quest. But I also can see how this could be exploited... maybe locking the second breeding pair to the actual quest Pokemon would be a solution...)
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

Yasha wrote: April 18th, 2019, 10:25 pm (I'm more frustrated by the quests clumping up my DC. I've been trying to breed certain shinies for ages and never got lucky, and now I can't even do that. I would really appreciate being able to breed with two pairs, even if it is just available while you are on a quest. But I also can see how this could be exploited... maybe locking the second breeding pair to the actual quest Pokemon would be a solution...)
I'm with you on this 100%.

I can see how it might be an issue for more casual players. It becomes evident now with quests necessitating switching out your Daycare pokemon.

I'd suggest a bought item, but that would defeat the purpose, as accessibility towards casual players is the issue.

Maybe an item that can be earned from the Lotto, but again, casual players.

Eh, I'm probably overcomplicating things. I'm fine with the bar staying when you switch pokemon.
Ishouldreallystopbotheringtocomeupwithideasbecauseweknowhowwellthatwentlasttime[/size
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I'm not sure it would be a huge issue if the bar was just reworked to either save your progress on it or never disappear even when there is only one pokemon/non-compadible pair in the daycare

Maybe the bar could only fill when there is a compatible pair in the Daycare?
If it's something too ambitious or difficult to code, I get that, but if my mediocre knowledge proceeds me, I'm not sure progress saving is too difficult of a code to write. It should be similar to the stop the bar takes when you have no money in the daycare, it should, to put it simply, just be a stop when Pokemon are switched around.
sableyeJr

Post by sableyeJr »

yes, yes, but how do you get it (the egg bar) to go up? i have been searching for a whole hour and have found nothing.
Glichu

Post by Glichu »

sableyeJr, Just put 2 adopts of the same egg group into DC and each hour it will increase.
Also the more adopts you click and the more clicks you do in CE the faster it will increase.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptable
General amount of hatched shinies: 122
sableyeJr

Post by sableyeJr »

AHA! YOU ARE BRILLIANT, MY FRIEND.
sableyeJr

Post by sableyeJr »

thank you.
sableyeJr

Post by sableyeJr »

oh, and also, does it matter whether or not the clicked pokemon is yours when you do click exchange? when you are trying to get the egg bar up?
Glichu

Post by Glichu »

Ha ha ha :)

It doesn't matter click everything you see ;)

For breeding tips check Guide section.
Here is the link
https://www.virtuadopt.com/forum/viewto ... =20&t=2560
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptable
General amount of hatched shinies: 122
sableyeJr

Post by sableyeJr »

thanks