A Few QoL Ideas

Ideas and suggestions that have been reviewed by staff and will not be implemented.
Karasume

A Few QoL Ideas

Post by Karasume »

I created a thread with a similar concept, but I felt I needed some more wiggle room, so I made this thread.

First of all, anyone who has boxes stuffed full of pokemon knows what a pain in the butt it is for all of those images to load. This is especially troublesome in two situations:
1. Trading
2. You put something in the wrong box

Some users have to wait so long to load. And on top of that, if you check the wrong number of boxes in your trade, you have to start a whole new trade, since you're not allowed to edit your current trade. This makes especially bulk trading tedious, and some people may just not want to do it because of what a task it is. Personally, I go "uuuuuugh" when I have to put up a large trade, even though it's to my benefit.

Let's fix a few of these issues! As I say, pictures are better than smattering words onto the screen, so here's a few of those:

TRADING-
First, let's fix the issue with loading each and every pokemon in the box.
Spoiler:
- Show one of each Pokemon species per box.
- Show how many of each species is available by default.
- Click on the pokemon to reveal a number field, so you can choose how many of that species you want to trade
- A small button to the top left of the pokemon which allows the user to select specific Pokemon. Alternatively, clicking the underlined number could serve that function. Perhaps it could open a small window where you select the pokemon, then you save and close the window, and your current trade is updated.

Next:
Spoiler:
- Once you pick your pokemon, you can SAVE your trade instead of uploading it, which leads into the next and final part of the trade QoL section.
Spoiler:
- You can freely edit your trade at this point, but you can see what you've got in your trade. Just hit Save when you add new pokemon.
- Once you hit Upload, you proceed to trade as you would normally.

EDIT: As of 1/18, the server move seems to have fixed the issue of images taking a long time to load. However, large boxes can still be daunting to sift through, and it doesn't diminish the usefulness of these changes.

BOXES-

We can condense the pokemon in our boxes as well!

Spoiler:
- It's possible that not everyone would want their boxes to be condensed, so putting an option in the Control Panel would be helpful for that. Some people are just set in their ways, so adhering to that is probably the best option.
- Clicking the pokemon species image would bring you to a page showing all pokemon of that species in that box. Then, usual functionality occurs.

SHINIES-

Plusle is one of the hardest-to-tell shinies on site. So.. Is this shiny?
Spoiler:
You probably thought "yes", because you thought I would post shiny to prove a point that it's hard to tell apart, but you'd be wrong. This is not the shiny version.
Spoiler:
This is the shiny version.
If you saw the non-shiny version in a trade, you'd have no idea it was shiny, and no way of telling whether or not it was shiny. On top of that, there may be some colorblind people on site who have a hard time telling whether even Magnemite is shiny. A thread by Ecco has already made this suggestion, but I feel it should be brought up again.
Spoiler:
- A small star on the shinies.

But in case someone for some reason would not want the star to be displayed:
Spoiler:
- However, it is important that this setting be automatically set to Yes as soon as the Pokemon gets put in trade, for obvious reasons.

That's it for this suggestion thread. If anyone else has any ideas for QoL stuff that we could use here, feel free to post them.

And if you have any suggestions or criticisms to push this idea in a better direction, please also don't hesitate to post those as well.

Lastly, if I made any errors or left anything out, don't hesitate to let me know. I've actually been sick, and my brain isn't functioning at 100%. I did not proofread this time around.
Last edited by Karasume on January 19th, 2019, 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Re: A Few QoL Ideas

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

If the shiny star is implemented exactly like that, then it's absolutely perfect. There will be no more guessing at all what is shiny and what isn't - and the star looks quite nice too.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

So much yes for both of your ideas :-)
Also it would make it much easier to trade a shiny, when it's not very cleary to the others that it is a shiny. Its harder to trade them well because people might thinking it's the normal version and that it's very crazy from the person who offers this pokemon to wish for a shiny for this.
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

That star is perfect!
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

I absolutely love this idea! Right now I can't see any major draw-backs :)
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
Nery
Coffee Freak

Post by Nery »

I always wished there would be something like a shiny star. It's perfect.
And the trading idea is just great, I love it.

+1
Virtuadopt Click-Box
Collecting: Seel, Dewgong, Houndour, Houndoom, Abandoned Mimikyu and Anpu Houndoom
(Future Gens: Gothorita, Deerling, Klink, Cofagrigus, Archen, Mimikyu)
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I like these ideas but just one thing...when I am uploading someone's collects for a trade, I like to keep a couple breeding pairs for myself first, so I make sure not to click on a pair of females and males. Is there any way that, in the way you have it set up, to open up the breed and then select which ones to upload? And yes, trying to wait and wait and wait for a box to load is a pain in trading. Also, sometimes it won't even let me open another box for other things to add afterwards
Adoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

49ER wrote: January 14th, 2019, 11:21 pm I like these ideas but just one thing...when I am uploading someone's collects for a trade, I like to keep a couple breeding pairs for myself first, so I make sure not to click on a pair of females and males. Is there any way that, in the way you have it set up, to open up the breed and then select which ones to upload? And yes, trying to wait and wait and wait for a box to load is a pain in trading. Also, sometimes it won't even let me open another box for other things to add afterwards
Karasume wrote: January 14th, 2019, 6:46 pm First, let's fix the issue with loading each and every pokemon in the box.
Spoiler:
- Show one of each Pokemon species per box.
- Show how many of each species is available by default.
- Click on the pokemon to reveal a number field, so you can choose how many of that species you want to trade
- A small button to the top left of the pokemon which allows the user to select specific Pokemon. Alternatively, clicking the underlined number could serve that function. Perhaps it could open a small window where you select the pokemon, then you save and close the window, and your current trade is updated.
On the first image, that would be the little "..." button on the top left of each pokemon. Alternatively, it can be made so that clicking on the "Number Available" number could be clicked. At least, those are the ideas.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

49ER

Post by 49ER »

Sounds great to me! Yankees just posted about changing server on Friday and also talked about the site loading slowly. So this may help. but even so, a way to condense your multiples would be an added bonus!
Adoptable
blue4nic
Vollzeitmama

Post by blue4nic »

I like the shiny star.

I also think the trade idea is great. But does that work then? Will only the pokemon be taken out of the selected box and not maybe boxed out of others? I imagine that this is something difficult to program in this way. I would be afraid that the pokemons will be offered for exchange from other boxes.
I collect all Evolutions of this:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

blue4nic wrote: January 15th, 2019, 9:17 pm I like the shiny star.

I also think the trade idea is great. But does that work then? Will only the pokemon be taken out of the selected box and not maybe boxed out of others? I imagine that this is something difficult to program in this way. I would be afraid that the pokemons will be offered for exchange from other boxes.
That would be up to how Yankees would code it. I don't have much knowledge in that department.

Ecco
** TROPIUS **

Post by Ecco »

a star to the shiny forms is the best idea i mentioned in 2016
:king: Image :wub:

Collecting:Tropius (Pm me if you have some tropius for trade)