Raffle idea

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Raffle idea

Post by PokeTrade »

Wouldn't it be fun if the raffle had a rotating Pokémon for each round? And what Pokémon does have a lot of formes? Vivillon! (20 formes)

Release a promotional 'raffle' Vivillon, each round a pattern of the 20 can be won. It will take a long time for one person to win all formes since they can only participate once every 10 rounds.

At least 200 rounds would be needed, 200 * 3 = 600 hours = 25 days = +- 1 month.
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Yasha

Re: Raffle idea

Post by Yasha »

Nice idea. I already stopped buying tickets for Latios/Latias, so I'm basically back to the Xerneas/Yveltal situation...

I suggest not normal Vivillon forms, but maybe user designed forms? We could hold an Official Contest first. Those are always fun. And the participation prize could be Fancy Vivillon and Pokeball Vivillon again :)
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Yasha wrote:
I suggest not normal Vivillon forms, but maybe user designed forms? We could hold an Official Contest first. Those are always fun. And the participation prize could be Fancy Vivillon and Pokeball Vivillon again :)
Even better! Remember customizing Easter Exeggcute? Maybe they could re-use that code to submit entries. Or if you win you just get a normal Vivillion that always can be customized.
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

I haven't thought about customizing them like that... personally I think that would fit more with Eevee and Pikachu because of the upcoming Pokemon Let's GO. Can you explain that more? Do you think of adding colors like with Easter Exeggcute or adding "gadgets" like with Christmas Tree Sudowoodo?

I was actually thinking more about the lines of making a concept for a new "normal" Promo Vivillon, just like Fancy and Pokeball forms are. The participant could post that concept for the Official Contest. If It is hand-drawn and scanned we would need one of our awesome artists to make the official Adopt. If it is already edited in a good-enough digital quality, the staff could just use the posted concept directly.
I remember designing a Zombie Vivillon once. If I would submit that image as a concept design, then our official artists could use that as a base for something appropiate for VA. For the Zombie concept, I guess they would get rid of the blood droplets and the image would need cleaner lines and stuff like that... but the fun is, that you could actually DRAW something, instead of customize with a set amount of possibilities.
Spoiler:
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

There are some alternate Legendary forms we still need too.
Adoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I've already said this before, and I'm so upset with myself for budging on this particular outlook. I don't think the Raffle feature is good on a site with this few people on it. I knew if something new was brought into the rotation, it wouldn't be even a month before they were as worthless as Xerneas and Yveltal were. I'm so freaking upset I budged, because I was right all along.

Raffles on a site with as little traffic as this are doomed to the same cycle. The only possible remedy is to flood the raffle with so many different prizes that it's impossible for this situation to happen, and even then, that's just delaying the inevitable.

I don't think we even have enough adopts available to flood the raffle like that.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable