Increase Chance/Frequency of Daycare Breeding (Read First-Post Edits)

You have an idea for site or have a suggestion to make it better? Post here.
Karasume

Re: Increase Frequency of Daycare Breeding

Post by Karasume »

49ER wrote:I could do the clicks, but that assumes both would be in effect.

Both of what would be in effect?
49ER wrote:If they just change it to more x a day without the clicks incentive it would really hurt not so active players.

That's why a backlog was suggested.
49ER wrote:The clicks incentive sounds good in theory but how would it be implemented? You do 5000 clicks day 1, so the next day, you get your daycare checks every 15 minutes? And then if you don't click that day, you get them rolled back to every hour?
That actually sounds fine, as long as the user is made aware of what their status is/is going to be.
49ER wrote: I really don't see that being implemented, which means they will either increase daycare checks or they won't.
"I don't see it happening, so they'll either do this or this" doesn't really give me much to work with here.
49ER wrote:If they do, and they charge 50 dollars per check period, would be pricey. That is the part I object to.
Together with Daycare Levelups, this could still be set to hourly.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

With the clicks thing, I was only thinking about increased checks (chances), not an increased fee. It would always be $50 an hour. More clicking gives more money yes. But we also have the raffle, the shadow pokémon and so on.

Hm another idea;

What about adding lucky Pokémon like in Pokémon go? If a lucky Pokémon is in the daycare, you have a double chance of receiving an egg. If you want to stick to the real games, call it Pokérus.

How does a Pokémon become lucky? Maybe by having received x clicks within the last 24 hours? Or maybe by being in the top 3 highest leveled from it's type that you can see in the dex? Or being in the top 50 highest leveled Pokémon in the rankings? Let a real competition break out haha.

EDIT: Make the daycare actually like the real games? For those that don't know, you having an egg in the daycare is calculated every x steps you set. VirtuAdopt doesn't have steps but clicks. For every 250 clicks you do for example you have an extra check? Did the 250th click? Instant new check. When you're not clicking you just have the standard check-rate of 1 an hour.

I would also introduce an on-site alert like when you've got a PM telling that you got a daycare egg. So that during clicking you know when you've got an egg.

PS: Yes, I studied Gamification :lol:
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

PokeTrade wrote:With the clicks thing, I was only thinking about increased checks (chances), not an increased fee. It would always be $50 an hour. More clicking gives more money yes. But we also have the raffle, the shadow pokémon and so on.
Well, I do think we need better money sinks, but that's not a topic for this thread...
PokeTrade wrote: Hm another idea;

What about adding lucky Pokémon like in Pokémon go? If a lucky Pokémon is in the daycare, you have a double chance of receiving an egg. If you want to stick to the real games, call it Pokérus.

How does a Pokémon become lucky? Maybe by having received x clicks within the last 24 hours? Or maybe by being in the top 3 highest leveled from it's type that you can see in the dex? Or being in the top 50 highest leveled Pokémon in the rankings? Let a real competition break out haha.
Good idea, but don't like either of those methods of obtaining Lucky status. Especially since sites like Yarolds don't really work for VA, how are you supposed to get more clicks than you would on the average day? My Pokemon, Razor and Blade, are both in the CE 24/7. They would either always be Lucky or never be Lucky, because I don't use Yarolds, and I don't put them on my signatures for other sites I may use.

Top 3 leveled Pokemon would also be a bad idea. Someone could easily have a monopoly over those spots just by having been part of the site longer and being active the whole time. See Tropius Dex.

The concept of Lucky Pokemon would have to be fair. Maybe it could be random. Maybe it could be a Lottery prize, where you could use a Lucky Snack on a pokemon, but that'd be piling more complicated features into a simple suggestion.

Overall, I think we should probably look away from the concept of Lucky Pokemon for now. Perhaps in the future if suggestions for new features like this were added, it could be a thing, but for now, best keep it simple.[/quote]
PokeTrade wrote:EDIT: Make the daycare actually like the real games? For those that don't know, you having an egg in the daycare is calculated every x steps you set. VirtuAdopt doesn't have steps but clicks. For every 250 clicks you do for example you have an extra check? Did the 250th click? Instant new check. When you're not clicking you just have the standard check-rate of 1 an hour.

I would also introduce an on-site alert like when you've got a PM telling that you got a daycare egg. So that during clicking you know when you've got an egg.

PS: Yes, I studied Gamification :lol:
I can imagine this can get pretty nutty for active users. Admittedly, I'm active for too long (What can I say? Anime and no life lol) on a daily basis. Especially with the new quick access key and the tips I received from 49ER, I'm clicking a lot daily. I'd be absolutely swarmed with eggs in no time, even with our current chance. If there were multiple people like me, I feel like it'd end up being a downward spiral of the CE getting clogged with insane amounts of eggs (since we've done away with the idea of an egg cap due to unpopularity) and no one being able to hatch them.

I think it might be best to just stick with the idea that you can increase your checks to a set cap. Maybe once every 10 minutes, depending on how many clicks you did on the previous day.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

49ER

Re: Increase Frequency/Chance of Daycare Breeding

Post by 49ER »

The actual count of CE clicks is not reflected in our profile stats. It only counts how many different eggs/adopts we clicked, not if we clicked the same one multiple times in CE? I also don't see a changing revolving number of daycare checks on a daily basis. I think more likely is if Premium memberships were brought back, that it would be a benefit to those who buy it.
Adoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

49ER wrote:The actual count of CE clicks is not reflected in our profile stats. It only counts how many different eggs/adopts we clicked, not if we clicked the same one multiple times in CE?
Is that a question or a statement? At any rate, I doubt detecting CE clicks would be a big deal. You could base it off of credits earned, while excluding credits transferred.
49ER wrote:I also don't see a changing revolving number of daycare checks on a daily basis. I think more likely is if Premium memberships were brought back, that it would be a benefit to those who buy it.
"I don't see it happening, but this is more likely" still doesn't really give us much to work with here.

49ER

Post by 49ER »

Us? Who is us? and the first thing was a factual statement. I have put in the suggestions for it to be changed but so far that is the way it is.
Bottom line is I don't favor the additional monies it would cost to increase daycare checks unless it is still 50 dollars per hour.
Since other viewpoints that don't coincide with yours (and whoever"Us" is) are clearly unwelcome, i will stay off this thread.
Adoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

49ER wrote:Us? Who is us? and the first thing was a factual statement. I have put in the suggestions for it to be changed but so far that is the way it is.
As it is extremely obvious that I'm not the only person contributing to this idea, I'm inclined to act accordingly. "Us" is everyone who can potentially give this thread more ideas.
And if that's the case, it'd be neat if this is the case and it were to be changed.
49ER wrote:Bottom line is I don't favor the additional monies it would cost to increase daycare checks unless it is still 50 dollars per hour.
We've said multiple times that the check should still only happen every hour, as well as levels. I'll add it to the first post for clarification.
49ER wrote:Since other viewpoints that don't coincide with yours (and whoever"Us" is) are clearly unwelcome, i will stay off this thread.
?????
You gave opinions. In your opinion, this won't happen, but you failed to give an un-counterable reason why it wouldn't happen. It's also highly dismissive to just say that without really giving a good reason as to why.
You did list some problems, but those were things that could be dealt with, and I gave reasoning as to how.
I welcome opposition, as long as thoughtful reasoning is given. I can edit and shift the idea of the first post to get around ones we can't really be worked through.
I don't see how that's called being unwelcoming.
Please don't be so dramatic.

Ecco
** TROPIUS **

Post by Ecco »

i notification when there is an egg would be so handy.

Example: Hey, Ecco! We recently found an egg in our daycare
:king: Image :wub:

Collecting:Tropius (Pm me if you have some tropius for trade)
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

I like the idea of a small egg backlog, but I don't really need a higher check frequency. I think my egg frequency is quite balanced. Sometimes I go a week or two without an egg and then I get 3 in a day. It was frustrating in the past, but I got more chill over the years. And since VA is slower in general and I don't spend hours a day on this website anymore, I don't mind waiting for eggs.
I collect: Steenee, Lurantis, Passimian, Dragonair, Mareep, Gardevoir,
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

I'm pretty happy with how the daycare is at the moment, so I personally wouldn't need additional checks. (I like the idea of PokeTrade that a certain amount of clicks can give you extra checks though)
I do agree that the whole "getting an egg while you are away for several hours"-thing is a bit annoying, so a backlog does sound kind of nice, but on the other hand I feel like it would make the whole thing a bit too easy/passive? And it might also lead to people forgetting about virtuadopt. I mean, you could just put tons of money in the daycare, completly abandon the whole thing for a couple of months and when you come back you'll have dozens of eggs. Somehow that just feels weird to me :D

Maybe another kind of simple idea might be to leave everything as it is but add an option that just freezes your deposit as soon as you got an egg? That way you wouldn't waste money if you aren't immediatly there to pick up an egg.
And by making it optional (I'm thinking of a little checkbox or something) you could still use the daycare for leveling if you prefer that.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I actually didn't think of that possibility. Good thinking.
Perhaps the backlog could be limited to prevent abuse.
Freezing the deposit could be a bandaid fix, but I feel like a backlog would be superior. That way people who have to leave for a few days don't feel like they "wasted daycare time", if that makes sense.

I feel like the best system to go for would be for the chance OR frequency to scale with clicks (Not sure if that should be limited to CE clicks or what). This way, casual players can still play casual/passive, and active players can feel more rewarded (because let's face it, active players really don't get much more reward than passive players).

PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Cyrrior wrote:I'm pretty happy with how the daycare is at the moment, so I personally wouldn't need additional checks. (I like the idea of PokeTrade that a certain amount of clicks can give you extra checks though)
I do agree that the whole "getting an egg while you are away for several hours"-thing is a bit annoying, so a backlog does sound kind of nice, but on the other hand I feel like it would make the whole thing a bit too easy/passive? And it might also lead to people forgetting about virtuadopt. I mean, you could just put tons of money in the daycare, completly abandon the whole thing for a couple of months and when you come back you'll have dozens of eggs. Somehow that just feels weird to me :D
What about eggs having an expiration time in the backlog? You have to adopt them within 1 week for example. If they don't get adopted within one week, they get thrown in the trading point?

And maybe backlog space should be 'earned'? Can be bought with money or CE credits or TP points...
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

Karasume wrote:Freezing the deposit could be a bandaid fix, but I feel like a backlog would be superior. That way people who have to leave for a few days don't feel like they "wasted daycare time", if that makes sense.

I totally agree here. Right now I don't have university, but starting next month I will have to get up at 5:30 am in the morning and I'm usually only back home at 18:30 pm... although twice a week I have classes much later, then I'm home at 10 pm... (thank god this workload is only for two years and I'm already halfway through). This leaves me with 13 hours at my good days were I either have to check in my few breaks (and I'd rather spend that time with my collegues) or "waste" DC time by not checking. If I get an egg in the first hour, I'll loose 600 $ and 12 additional DC checks. So a backlog, even for only three eggs or so, would greatly improve my outcome. Not because I'm lazy, but because functional adulting is hard :|
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
jirachi100

Re: Increase Frequency/Chance of Daycare Breeding (Read First-Post Edits)

Post by jirachi100 »

I'd be fine with anything that could make it less likely to have to wait an entire week for one egg. Waiting so long and getting nothing has made me not enjoy breeding at all.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableImageImageImageAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Karasume

Re: Increase Chance/Frequency of Daycare Breeding (Read First-Post Edits)

Post by Karasume »

That's the primary reason why I made this thread. I realize the current daycare is fine with casual players, but adhering to both casual and active players would be really nice. For the active players, it's practically non-existent.

Norse Loki

Post by Norse Loki »

The daycares in websites like these (pokemon adopt ones) are horrible.. Sorry just my experiences. Going weeks without a SINGLE egg meanwhile you have to keep adding money to it. Idk. It needs change. :\
v Clickbox v
Eggs l Lvl Up
Tradebox 1 lTradebox 2 lTradebox 3
Actively looking for Monthlies and Promos I don't own
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

I don’t know whether it’s doable, but the main complaint I usually see is about “not getting an egg in a week”, so maybe it’s kinda possible to increase the chance an egg is generated every hour by 0.5% or something?
At least it would lead to a garantueed egg after a specific time frame.
KopierKatze
La vie en rose.

Post by KopierKatze »

Since I haven't seen an egg from my couple for about two weeks now, I'd highly appreciate giving it a try.
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I like that idea UkeSora- though I also like the suggestions that more actively clicking users should also get some type of reward for their work. Increasing their breeding chances is definitely a reward I would click a whole lot more for to receive.
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

I'm for the increase of the frequency of the eggs in the daycare. It's just frustrating to come online every day, waiting for an egg and nothing happens. Mostly it needs at least a week that there appears an egg, I take it und it takes at least a week again. In this time my money is melting away for nothing :(
And clicking for the money takes time I'm not always able to cut away from other things/activitys. So it would be nice if the money would be not completely wasted for around an week for, well, nothing but waiting.

Also it would be nice to know an definition about whats an active player or not^^°
Is someone who comes every day and click a little bit an active player? Someone who does at least 5k clicks per day?
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.