A remedy for overlooked Legendaries and Mythicals

You have an idea for site or have a suggestion to make it better? Post here.
FairyPrincessCynthia

A remedy for overlooked Legendaries and Mythicals

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

There are a few Pokemon here and there that have been overlooked or forgotten, despite them having valid alternate forms, and even art for them in a few cases. I seek to offer a somewhat simple remedy for each case.

---

Starting with the kami trio:

Tornadus -> Therian Tornadus
Thundurus -> Therian Thundurus
Landorus -> Therian Landorus

For this one, art needs to be made for the three Therians. The form change comes from using a Reveal Glass, which is an actual ingame item used to change their forms. Sell the Reveal Glass for $5,000 from the Mart as a hold item and that's that. Image Link

---

The pony, the bard, and the deer

For these three, the art already exists for Meloetta and Xerneas. Resolute Keldeo still needs art.
Keldeo -> Resolute Form Keldeo
Meloetta -> Pirouette Form Meloetta
Xerneas -> Active Mode Xerneas

As for implementation, add a new hold item called TM02 Special; sold for $5,000 in the Mart; a golden disc with a visible aesthetic similar to the HMs found in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity. Image Link

---

The Land's Guardian

Zygarde 10%
Zygarde Complete Form

As for Zygarde, Virtuadopt already has the 50% form. Of course, there's also a 10% version and a Complete Form version. Neither have art. Adding a tab in the Laboratory to pay money to change the forms of existing Zygarde would be a solid concept.

---

That's the bulk of it. It would be really swell to finally get these Pokemon into the system.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
49ER

Re: A remedy for overlooked Legendaries and Mythicals

Post by 49ER »

What about the normal form of Kyruem? It was only given out as a contest prize. Are there any plans for having a release of that in the future?
Adoptable
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

We're totally aware of those missing legendaries and special forms, so they haven't been overlooked at all. We're working on a way to release them.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

I'd like to see quests like with the mythicals in Pokémon go.
Most of those quests can easily be 'converted' to VA.

Maybe a fun idea for those missing formes?

- Hatch x Pokémon of type y
- Walk x steps with eggs
- Evolve x Pokémon of type y
- Spend x money at the store
- Trade x Pokémon
- Win the raffle/crops/guess the number...
- Have x different Unown
My collections:
ImageImageImage
49ER

Post by 49ER »

There is also the Gyrados that has 5 or so other forms
Adoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I figured they weren't forgotten. It's kinda silly to assume so.
I wonder what events are in store in the future. Hopefully something nicer than dumping them into the CE as promos. Maybe update the raffle. If that's the case, I'd suggest making the raffle pick a winner far less often than it does now.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Why less often? It is only every 3 hours as it is, and anyone who wins will have to sit out the next 10 raffles
Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

The raffle does work when the prizes are worth earning. The current prizes have been in there for over a year, so the overall amount of them is heavily oversaturated and market desire for them is virtually nonexistent. Why trade for one when you can throw two tickets at a raffle and pretty much get one in a few games?

Despite that, I've considered the Snow Point to be the single most inoperative adopt-earning tab on the site. The trade market wants to hold onto its Regi trio members so they're unreasonably scarce, making the creation of a new Regigigas a considerable feat of effort at great cost to one's personal collection. That's neither here nor there though in terms of this suggestion, or my comment on the function of the Raffle.

---
a-chan wrote:We're totally aware of those missing legendaries and special forms, so they haven't been overlooked at all. We're working on a way to release them.
Well, that's reassuring. (No, I'm not being sarcastic.) I've been around a fair share of communities and it's oftentimes the little things that get overlooked, you know? So it's quite good to hear the team has got them in consideration. I hope my idea is of some form of help to this internal process.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Case in point: Not one single ticket was sold in last raffle so there was no winner. I would have purchased one, but I am still grounded from buying. Now I have to wait at least 11 rounds instead of 10, maybe more if nobody buys tickets
Adoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

49ER wrote:Case in point: Not one single ticket was sold in last raffle so there was no winner. I would have purchased one, but I am still grounded from buying. Now I have to wait at least 11 rounds instead of 10, maybe more if nobody buys tickets
even though they should be delayed since they are worth virtually nothing with how many are available, lol

Regarding everyones comments... as a-chan suggested, these artworks are all completed ;3
yankees is currently working on the back-end of the site atm--things you guys might not notice, but need updating. i'm not exactly sure how much time he has for VA, but it seems like he's had more now than in the past. the staff wants these released as much as you guys do, but we're obviously open to suggestions on how you guys would like them put out ^^
Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

My ideas aren't elegant or exciting, but they are consistent with with how the Pokemon are handled in their native series and how the forms of Shaymin and Giratina are handled on this site. I like things that work and work well, which is why Yankees' involvement behind the scenes is much appreciated.

Actually, there is another. What's the status on Ash-Greninja? It's like a Mega but not.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

mauwie wrote: we're obviously open to suggestions on how you guys would like them put out ^^
If any of them are going to be dumped into the raffle, please make the raffle pick a winner less often. I know another site which has the entry as "Do this thing" and then only lets you enter once. It's once a month, although the reward you get is a sprite that's breedable, so the one-month-one-winner thing is excusable.

Point is I don't want another Yveltal/Xerneas situation, and I don't think you guys want that either.

ButifyouweretoaskmeIdsaygetridoftherafflefornowbutthat'smyunpopularopinionsoforgetaboutit
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

49ER

Post by 49ER »

I do not want a winner picked less often. The reason for the "situation" is because the prizes have not been changed in two years. In that other game, there are people who win multiple times while there are thousands of others who have never won.
Also those prizes have brought out an element of cheaters in that game, that either make multiple accounts to give them more chances to win, and/or botting the game to catch the rarest things for trade fodder for them, and that is definitely not a situation I want to see here.
Adoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

49ER wrote:I do not want a winner picked less often. The reason for the "situation" is because the prizes have not been changed in two years. In that other game, there are people who win multiple times while there are thousands of others who have never won.
It's due in part to the fact that they haven't been changed in two years, but you could also just as easily argue that the raffle is drawn too often. If it took 3x longer to draw winners, there'd be 3x less of those total adopts in existence. The same applies if the adopts were only available for 1/3 the time they are now. It's just that one option gives the developer/artists more time and flexibility to figure out what they want to put in the raffle next.

Also, seeing the same people winning over and over again defeats the purpose of having a raffle. I see the same names every time I check. If it's just going to be like that, why not just make it a straight-up giveaway? Click a button every day or so for a free legendary. That's essentially what it is now.

Apologies for derailing.

Oh, and one more thing...
49ER wrote: Also those prizes have brought out an element of cheaters in that game, that either make multiple accounts to give them more chances to win, and/or botting the game to catch the rarest things for trade fodder for them, and that is definitely not a situation I want to see here.
Correlation is not causation.

FairyPrincessCynthia

Since it's virtually concluded by all parties that the Raffle issue has been brought about by stale prizes, let's close that part of the discussion of the viability of the Raffle with a question. If you could replace Xerneas and Yveltal with different adopts, what would you add to make the raffle the money sink it used to be?

Personally, I believe Latios and Latias are the best fit due to the current release of Mega Evolutions on this site.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

FairyPrincessCynthia wrote:Personally, I believe Latios and Latias are the best fit due to the current release of Mega Evolutions on this site.
I'm in agreement.

49ER

Post by 49ER »

You see the same winners over and over because they are the only ones playing the raffle. For awhile there were 10 people or less rattling around here.

And ever since the prize dragons were introduced on the other site, the level of cheating has gone through the roof. It cannot all be coincidence. And there is no oversight to do anything about them when they do it.
Perhaps what you really want is a limit on how many times one person can win the raffle?
Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

That's a bit of an assumption you made about Karasume, 49ER

The Raffle isn't the only thing that baits out people who want to cheat to bypass normal difficulties. Remember that user who had all the illegitimate Zygardes? Or how about the user who cheated the system to get a bunch of those Egg Collecting adopts? Just because the Raffle can bait out cheaters doesn't mean that's what it's meant for. "Correlation is not causation."

Now back to my question at hand, if you please. If you could replace the current prizes, what would you switch them out with?
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

I think Latios and Latias are a good idea. How about Rayquaza, too, but far less often?

The Regi trio would be a good choice, too. Someone (you? too lazy to crosscheck) pointed out that the Snow Temple is not used anymore...
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
FairyPrincessCynthia

Rayquaza's a good choice. Personally I think it would make a better congratz prize than a raffle prize. To tie it in with Mega Rayquaza, or... actually, since it's different than normal Mega Evolution, it could be its own adopt type like normal Kyurem is to the Black and White variants, and would sit quite happily in the Raffle next to Latios and Latias.

The Regi trio is a solid idea. (pun intended) And I either did mention the Snow Point or I was going to. Having a rotation of the three would mean certain activity for people trying to unlock a new Regigigas, or trying to get more of them. And maybe throw in the chance to get a shiny Regigigas from the Snow Temple. It's quite a handsome shiny.