Amulet Coin hold item

You have an idea for site or have a suggestion to make it better? Post here.
FairyPrincessCynthia

Amulet Coin hold item

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

Overview:

In Pokemon Gold and Silver, the ability to give your Pokemon items was introduced, alongside a number of hold items, such as berries, items which power up attacks, items that affected the flow of battle, like King's Rock, which also doubled as an evolution item, and items that gave you an after-battle bonus, such as the Amulet Coin.

When held by a participating Pokemon in a battle, the Amulet Coin guarantees you'll get double the amount of money from any Trainer you defeat.

But how does this tie into this sort of site?

---

Concept:

I propose the introduction of the Amulet Coin as a hold item. Here's how I would make it work:

- If an adopt holding the Amulet Coin is clicked, the person who clicked has the chance to earn between $1-$8. The rates match double money day.

> And on double money day, if an adopt holding an Amulet Coin is clicked, the money chance is raised from $1-$8 to $1-$10.

---

Balance:

Now here's the tricky business. In regards to economical balance, it won't effectively upset anything in particular. Eggs cannot hold items, nor can Special Dex Pokemon, Customs, or Shadows. Anything with an Everstone or item held for cosmetic purposes is also out. In regards to money earned, it also won't impact anything significantly. Sure, there are little boosts here and there, but it's still nothing compared to double money day as a whole, and items haven't changed their particularly beefy prices either. *coughgreenscentscough* So that leads into the semifinal section...

---

Distribution:

Like the scents, I believe the best way to go about this is twofold.
- Congratz prize*
- Sold in the shop at a very high price. $25,000 seems reasonable. It'll be a long time before you make that money back.

* side note: More congratz prizes don't take away the odds of any existing congratz chances from happening.

---

Conclusion:

That's the bulk of the idea. A cosmetic item with a purpose. It's not much, but it's like finding a few bonus coins on the ground when you go grocery shopping. It's just a nice thing that happens.

If you read all that, thank you kindly for taking the time to listen, and I hope you have a swell day/evening/late night.

PS: If you don't know what an Amulet Coin looks like, it looks exactly like the golden coin on Meowth's forehead.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Yasha

Re: Amulet Coin hold item

Post by Yasha »

While I like the idea of earning more money, I don't think making the amulet coin as a equipable item is the right approach. I would rather propose making it a constant upgrade for the CE. That something like this is possible we can see with the current Mega quests - you need to obtain the keystone before you can even start.

Obtaining the amulet coin could be via the mart (but I personally think 25k is too low of a prize - but then again I'm speaking as someone who currently has 130k on the bank, a full Shadow Dex, a few unused scents and obtained all item-evolved Pokemon... so maybe I'm a bit out of touch with what amount of money is suitable) or via a Congratz (I would prefer that, because it will lead to additional clicking activity). I also like the idea of getting it after a specific amount of clicks in the CE, but expiring when the month changes. That way people would have to click each month, plus it would'nt throw off the money balance too much if you have to earn it anew after a specific time.
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
FairyPrincessCynthia

On a normal day, the average amount of money you get per click is $2-$3. Factoring the amount of clicks you'd have to do, it ranges between 6,250 clicks if you have perfect $4 luck every click to 25,000 clicks if you have the worst luck in the world at only $1 per click. Most likely, you'll fall in the range between 8,334 clicks and 12,500 clicks. That's actually a lot of clicking to get that sort of money.

On double money day, the average earned is between $4-$5 per clicked adopt, meaning the average range is a lot nicer at 5,000 to 6,250 clicks to hit 25k.

That's your math to effort data. Considering the 25k price, it's actually quite underpowered for the cost.

The only time money matters on a competing sense is in the raffle, and I already suggested awhile ago that it should have a "number of tickets per user per raffle" limit to prevent another Rudolph Shaymin fiasco.

> though to be fair, right now the raffle is virtually a valueless widget since the same Pokemon have been in there for a couple of years now.

---

Your idea of incentivizing the click exchange is a solid one in a general sense. Having more mechanically helpful rewards that required your active participation each month would indeed improve activity. Particularly if those rewards were things such as bonus money earned, extra click time between each question, or to go completely crazy with the ideas, extra egg slots.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I mean, the only things we have as a money sink is Trivia, and that is a pitiful one at that. Even Green scents aren't worthwhile to try, because trivia is broken. Even if it weren't broken, by now, its utility as a money sink would be gone.

Before we talk about putting more money into the system, we need to talk about getting rid of it. We need a new money sink. Maybe a gacha or something.

That's just what I think, anyways.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

Adoptable
personally i'd love double credits or something like that. although i don't know how feasible that would be... might make the CE too crowded and not enough clickers.
Adoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

As a hold item concept the Amulet Coin would be more of a gift for others than a gift for yourself -- which is interesting but I can't see anyone actually buying or making much use of unless they're super bored and just want to spend some pocket change out of their pool of money.

A Slots reward is an interesting idea, and would certainly help those out who have jobs and rl things so can't click nearly as often as some others... However it's exactly those people who'd need it that probably wouldn't ever get it & have the time to make use of it before it poofs (if the time limit was the end of the month or the like). Most likely it'd end up going to the dedicated older members who have no need for money. Though... having a milestone of clicks where you're rewarded for activity isn't a bad idea at all. It could incentivize some of the newer-ish players to stick around since it'd be slightly less of a grind once they hit x-amount of activity.

A double Credit Day would be really cool. Having it be an item grant might be too much and cause a crowding problem as Mauwie mentioned, but a single day could be okay. ((slight side track))

(( Side note, omg a Gacha would be awesome ))
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I would like to see a double credit day, maybe midway between the double money day. No objection to having more hold items, I like to use them as decorations for my special pokis even if it had no purpose. And market items can sink a lot of money very quickly.
I don't know if people are actually still even buying potions anymore, that was a big thing when shadows were first rolled out. Personally I have been saving my potions for when and if there are new shadows rolled out.
I think the obvious way to get currency back into the site would be to change the raffle prizes! We are winning these lately with just 1 ticket and I see a lot of time slots where not one single ticket is purchased. Imagine how much money would be dropped in if the prize was changed.
Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

The last time purely cosmetic items were suggested, the community was going through some sort of angsty hate phase at the time and the idea was quickly dropped. I will be reviving this idea with a different suggestion post - once I have time to design the conceptual implementation of it. I like the gacha machine thing, so that'll probably be the general mold the idea will form around.

And as for double anything, double credits would probably be bad. It doesn't provide enough incentive to actually click to get the credits you need. In fact, you'll do less because you'll have more credits for less work.

I propose a different boon in its place - double step counts, but only for eggs/monthly eggs.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

well that is an idea too, but I have over a million credits and have no NEED to actually click, and yet I do it anyway, so I don't think it would stop anyone from clicking, just my opinion. Also I have bunches of gracidea flowers for decoration for my specail adopts, but it would be nice to have other options
Adoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I'd prefer if we could do something with excess credits. I'm willing to bet a lot of credits are being hoarded.
Perhaps if we could turn them in for something, it could be an idea.
Bringing up credit drain as a potential issue is a bit moot. When active players are hoarding credits, they're already practically out of the system, and there isn't much of an issue with it as is.
The only other issue I can think of is that the rewards for such a system would stop being so rare.
But if it's a credit-sink, it could also be another loot-box type of deal.

Iunno, I'm just spouting ideas at 3am. You can prolly ignore me. I'm basically dead inside.

Actually, don't ignore me. I kinda like my ideas.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

i think double credits would give more incentive to click, if it's on a thursday or something once a week would be rad. i don't think hoarding would be too much of an issue due to the reason luci stated. i also like the idea of double steps for eggs, especially now that we basically only have the click exchange to hatch adopts.. maybe if that were also once a week would be nice, that way shinies aren't an issue of being over-hatched.
Adoptable
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

Since I think there a quite a few very interesting thoughts in this topic, I'll try to sum it up a bit :)

Amulet coin
The amulet coin as a hold item to double the money the clicker receives is currently not beneficial, because
a) we don't have a decent money sink, with Trivia having badly worded questions (discussed here) and the Raffle having the same prizes for quite same time now. A new money sink is proposed here .
b) "the Amulet Coin would be more of a gift for others than a gift for yourself" (Tango)

Incenticising the Click Exchange
As a reward for a certain number of clicks or a congratz the CE can be upgraded for a restricted amount of time.
Advantage: repetitive (e.g. montly) encouragement to click
Disadvantage: widening of the "win gap" between people who have a lot of time and people who don't (I personally think this happens regardless - those who don't make a lot of effort, no matter what reason, will always have a disadvantage at a clicking site)
Proposed ugrades are:
- double money (same money sink problem as mentioned above)
- double credits (risk of people clicking less because they get the same amount of credits for half)
- double breeding chance (for the Daycare)

Credits used for something else than clicking ("Credit sink"):
Some people have an excess on credits and nothing to use it for. Not much was discussed here, other than some type of "loot-box" (Karasume)
Disadvantage: credits are out of the system (but they technically already are)

Double Days
Tuesday is "double money day". Additional double days could be:
- double credits (same problem as above)
- double step counts (maybe restricted to eggs/monthly eggs)
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I am not seeing why somebody having a lot of credits is a "bad" thing. There is not a limited amount of credits in the system, if you click you will always get a credit for each click. And in order to take advantage of double credit day, one would have to click to get the double credits, so I don't see somebody clicking less on that day.
And there is always something you could do with extra credits if you wanted to. You can use them to evolve, or try for highest level something, and you can even trade them, whereas you cannot do that with extra currency.
I just hope this site doesn't try and Pull a Yarolds by charging daily income tax on credits!
Adoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Here's the double credits issue. Let's say that your adopt needs 70 levels to evolve. On double credits day, you only need to make 35 clicks to get 70 credits. That doesn't change the amount of times your own adopt gets clicked, but it changes the amount of time that you have to click on other adopts to get the credits you need for it. In other words, it encourages people to click less than they already do.

Yasha said the same thing, actually.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I really don't think it would stop someone from clicking. I know that I would click more if there were double credits. And if people are clicking more, then more eggs would be hatched which means that people clicking the bare minimum would need to click more to get more batches of eggs hatched.
Adoptable
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

I can only speak for myself, but I set myself daily "clicking goals" so that I don't spend all of my free time on VA. Those goals usually involve a credit or money goal, depending on what I currently need more. And on Tuesdays, when you get double money, I tend to click less because I reach my goal faster. The same would probably occur on a double credit day - so for me it seems to be the exact opposite as for you, 49ER.

But even when we leave our clicking habits aside, the math of a double credit day doesn't look so good. Another (simplified) example: I want to hatch one egg, which needs 60 credits maximum. On a normal day I need to click 60 times in the CE, which equals one egg hatched for another user. On a double day, I would only need to click 30 times, which leaves the egg from another user only "half hatched". Let's say the other user ALSO only clicks 30 times because he/she only wants to hatch one egg. That leaves MY egg with only 30 clicks instead of 60. So we got 60 credits for both, but only half of the progress for the eggs. And even if both users click 60 times and hatch both one egg, they have a plus of 60 credits each. So they either don't click for the next egg they want to hatch, or they accumulate extra credits without any use. Actually, that's pretty close to how inflation works. The credits are our currency we have to pay other users to click/work for us. You can't just double your own "wage" for the same amount of work others do, because it leads to either a drop in value (less clicks) or an accumulation of currency (unused credits).
49ER

Post by 49ER »

well I have enough credits to not click for at least a year or even two. But I click anyway. I disagree with taking away an advantage because of the assumption people will be more lazy. Some people just don't click period. Or they click a set amount. But some click all the time, and are more prone to do so if there is a new prize in CE, which is why there is an uptick now in CE, or when they can get other advantages by doing so.
Anyway I really doubt it will be implemented anyway, so this is all pretty moot
Adoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

I'm one of those that clicks just for a certain amount of time trying to get as much in as I possibly can -- not stopping at any # of credits obtained. So a double credit day wouldn't stop me from clicking any sooner and I'd feel better about the time spent on it since I don't have a huge hoard of credits [usually] so the limitation on what I can put on my own adopts is whatever I obtain in the hour long show or however long it is.

And I like to keep X-Amount of credits available at any time in case there's a sudden monthly egg set that comes by, which limits again how many credits I put on any normal adopts or eggs. Cause then I can participate in the monthly levels hoping for a shiny hatch without having to suddenly free up a ton of time to get credits. Then of course after the monthly's cycled out I'm broke xD

I would absolutely love a the possibility of getting double credits for a day and it wouldn't lessen the amount I click. Though... I dunno how many others are like that.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
FairyPrincessCynthia

I'm actually one of those people that tries to fill a daily clicking quota; plus extra if I wanna hatch eggs, and refilling whatever credits Aquarius loses over time.