Grouping pokemon in the GTS

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Grouping pokemon in the GTS

Post by Cyrrior »

Those of you that have a lot of pokemon in their trade boxes propably know the feeling when they're trying to offer/upload something to the GTS and have to wait until the whole box is loaded properly.
Since a lot of the pokemon being loaded are actually from the same species, I was wondering if there might be a way to group the same type of pokemon? So instead of loading 15 pidgey, 28 rattata and 11 ekans until you get to the shellder you were looking for, there would only be 1 pidgey, 1 rattata, 1 ekans (with a small number indicating how many of those you actually have) ... and you could somehow fan out each pokemon species individually?
Of course this could also mean a lot of more clicking around but I think it would still make the whole thing a lot faster ... (and maybe it could even be possible to switch the whole thing on and off in the control panel somehow if you don't want to use it?)
KopierKatze
La vie en rose.

Re: Grouping pokemon in the GTS

Post by KopierKatze »

huge +1 from me :)
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

what if there is a search function, where you could type in the adopt's species name and all of those would pop up, offer those and then type in the name of the next species, ect.? and yeah sometimes it can take forever to search for those adopts xD
Adoptable
loly27

Post by loly27 »

I like that idea! I kinda want to have multiple filter options, such as region. Would make things a LOAD easier.
Cheers~
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I guess that it would be convenient for most people!
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

This sounds like a fantastic idea. Though some people have armies of a hundred plus of one pokémon, should there be some sort of stack limit?
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

Tango wrote:This sounds like a fantastic idea. Though some people have armies of a hundred plus of one pokémon, should there be some sort of stack limit?
hum... that's a good point. How would you stack them then? Maybe groups of 100? But then there's also the question in which way they get stacked ... like do pokemon with the same level go into the same stack? Or are they ordered by their ID? (I guess either way it would make the coding a lot more difficult XD)