Wonder Trade?

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
Clefairy

Wonder Trade?

Post by Clefairy »

You could set up a wonder trade! That would be so cool and awesome!
Essifox

Re: Wonder Trade?

Post by Essifox »

Trading Point kind of reminds me of wonder trade. Only difference is you put 2 adopts in instead of one, and you get to choose whether or not you want the currently obtainable adopt. It refreshes every 2 minutes or so.

I don't think we need a wonder trade right now, because the trading point is so similar to it for me. I personally rather see other things changed or added to VA.
Adoptable Adoptable
Clefairy

Post by Clefairy »

Yeah, But I guess its just my opinion.
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

I wonder what would be cool and awesome about it?

Considering 95% of the Pokémon I got via wonder trade were little bugs, fakes or low level Pokémon you could catch pretty early in the game, I'd guess it would turn out to be similar here on VA.

It might be cool for new users to get a few Pokémon for the Dex fairly quickly, but I don't think there's much appeal for older users.
Stick 636

Post by Stick 636 »

It sounds cool at first, but the more I think about it, the more pointless it seems.

One of the main aspects of Virtuadopt is that you get mystery eggs.
You don't know what's going to come out, and that makes it fun. That's pretty similar to Wonder Trading, except that the Pokemon are already hatched.

I feel like having both of them together would mean they were both taking away from one another. People would only use Wonder Trade to obtain Pokemon for their collections. They wouldn't have to waste credits on hatching eggs.
People would probably then only use adopting for a chance of shiny Pokemon.

As I said, it sounds like a good idea, but it could end up taking away from other features that already exist.
Shiny National Pokedex Pokemon hatched: 12
Clefairy

Post by Clefairy »

Yeah... :|
JetInMoon

Post by JetInMoon »

It is a good idea :)
Birchwhisker274

Meh

Post by Birchwhisker274 »

I honestly couldn't care but I don't want the makers of the website/game to spend their time on this.
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I really love Wonder Trade ever since I got an awesome Lvl. 100 Shiny Hitmonchan!! I think it might be nice to put wonder trade in here. But I have one modification. Each Virtuadopt has a rarity level saying whether it's common, rare, legendary, etc. When you put the Virtuadopt in it would go to the category of its level. Then you would get something equal to that. But since VA isn't so active it should be like you deposit it into Wonder Trade and you wait until you get something back... :) It might sound stupid but its brilliant to me!
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
loly27

Post by loly27 »

In my opinion I have to agree with Essifox here. The purpose behind this idea is kind of defeated by Trading Point, considering they share similar functions.
Plus, we already have mystery eggs which we don't know what's coming out of them. While this is a cool idea, I don't think its necessary.
Cheers~
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

That's true but you can get Pokemon from other people... You know what. What I just said was stupid :P
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable