Massive Naming?

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
arceusvoice

Massive Naming?

Post by arceusvoice »

Well hello people,

My idea may not be really interesting, but it certainly is very useful for users like me who have gotten a loooooooooot of adoptables via massive trades or so, and there is one major problem when doing this.

First, as all the loot gotten for the trade goes straight into the first box you have to move them all to another location, which is now quite easy due to the "Move Virtuadopts Around the Boxes Function".

But then you crash into another problem. A lot of people name their adopts that are for trade "Trade", "M", "F" and such, and sometimes when receiving them; as in my case for example, I've gotten over 400 adoptables in a single trade and all with many different kinds of names, and when you want them all for your army you don't want a 75% of it to be called "Trade", right?

So my idea is to implement a tickling (like the GTS one), selecting by box, or a multiple mouse selecting system by which you can select all the adopts you want and turn their name into what you want to save you big bunch of time, especially as even when you regularly change their name normally the name doesn't refresh instantly at the picture.

This could also be used to remove unwanted items, or select many adoptables to donate for the trading point at once.

I know this is probably mostly a useless idea that won't be taken (at least quickly), but maybe if yankees or stef get some big free time and want to do several changes to the system it could be done, I don't think it is really difficult to do, but I don't know almost anything about coding so I don't really have an opinion here...sorry for the long message about such tiny thing ^^'

I couldn't find any thread related to this suggestion
Ginta

Re: Massive Naming?

Post by Ginta »

Nice idea, I'd really like to see something like that.
On top of that, it would also be nice, if there would be an easer way to give Pokemon items! (which, in my eyes can maybe be combined with that idea?)
ToxicTosh
Victini

Post by ToxicTosh »

I'd like this too :P Great for collections..
AdoptableAdoptable
Ginta

Post by Ginta »

I thought about something like a side bar (on the left side maybe?)
And there, there are different functions you can do
You can choose "Auto-Name Pokemon" and every clicked pokemon will be Auto-named, for example

or: "give Pokemon Everstone" and every clicked Pokemon gets the Everstone attached

or something like that! ^^

So it would be about a Multifunctional-Work-System
arceusvoice

Post by arceusvoice »

Ginta, yeah, I thought about functions like that which could be added and could be really helpful ^^
-Alec-
Lurch (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Post by -Alec- »

As for Items I don't know (I don't use them much) but for the names: Yes. Maybe some Pre-Setting would help, like an option that says: "Name Pokemon automatically" So every Pokemon in your boxes gets the Dexname at least. The ones you want to name differently can be renamed manually then. But I don't know if it's technically doable with Pokemon from trades, though =/
arceusvoice

Post by arceusvoice »

-Alec-, if there's a way to name one by one manually, there MUST be a way to rename them in groups, harder or not. Obviously when I suggested this I mostly meant to rename all the selected ones to the pokedex names, because I think most people won't be interested in having 100 pokes with the same silly name, but custom nicknames could be implemented aswell I think.
ninja tommy21

Post by ninja tommy21 »

Hmmm yeah this would be helpful. I don't have the attention spand to individualy click on each poke and cheange their name. I'd go insane after about one hundred. So yeah this is more then helpful. Wonderful idea.
Spoiler:
我愛你

Shiny Wish List
ImageImage
FA Has adult and non adult content. I take story requests.