Is VA going to die out?

Talk here about Virtuadopt in general - comment updates, talk about your achievements, adoptables...
Tombery

Is VA going to die out?

Post by Tombery »

Didn't happen much here this year, am I wrong? :(

Does anybody know if this is just a temporary thingy or have the admins and mods abandoned our dear little adopts for good?
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Yasha

Re: Is VA going to die out?

Post by Yasha »

This sums up the whole situation :(
yankeesrule3526 wrote:As you may have noticed, updates to the site have slowed down. I have been busy with work and don't have the time to put into the development of the site.

There are quite a few awesome features in the works, but limited resources to work on them. So, we are currently looking to add another web developer!

The ideal candidate will be familiar with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, PHP, and MySQL. They are also familiar with how Virtuadopt runs and the game mechanics.

If you wish to apply or have questions, email [email protected] and tell us why you are a perfect match. Also, include your username and any experience.
So, the site isn't abandoned, but there simply aren't enough people who do the coding. Seems like yankeesrule3526 didn't find someone, yet...
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
Tombery

Post by Tombery »

ah, i see xox
then yankees seeks a proxy as admin there?
VA had so many active useres back than, i wonder why nobody applied for it.. o-o
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

Maybe someone did apply, but wasn't good enough/didn't meet all the requirements?

Plus, I don't know if yanks wants to hire a full-time web-developer or only someone who "helps out" on an hourly basis...
Tombery

Post by Tombery »

since he seems to be really busy atm, i guess a full-timer might be necessary enough :/
i really wish for VA to rise back to it's former "glory".. :cry:
splochimo

Post by splochimo »

I was super active when VA was too, and like many users I died off of the site for a while, and only come back once a year.

I've been dedicating some time into promoting this website to get the active member count up again, but I am not sure that matters if the website isn't staffed enough?

I am VERY tempted to learn all of these things for Yanks to become the right person for the job.
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

splochimo, I'm glad to hear that :D

Why don't you send him a PM and ask about that? I'm really hoping that something can be done about this.
VeryVague

Post by VeryVague »

If you guys want, I know some coding sites that can teach you code easily.
KopierKatze
La vie en rose.

Post by KopierKatze »

VeryVague, if it was that easy I'm sure someone would've done it already, but I guess it's due to a lack of time that no one learned it, remember we all have a life and maybe study or have a job

but you can post the links, I will look through them
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

It would be nice to hear more from him, something like: Sorry, guys, I don't have time anymore, please be patient. Or something else.
But there is nothing, I only found a post to the special account thread. So it looks a little bit like he has not only the time, but also no longer interest in this side. It wont take 5 minutes to write the sorry guys sentence in this forum; but he didn't took the time for this, so ...

Idk, it is just how it looks to a normal user like me. I don't think, he is working 24/7. I know, RL and Life and Work is much more important than some internetthings, but a little small notice to the users would be nice. But with nothing it looks abandoned and I wonder, if this side still exits an the end of the year.

I'm happy that this side still exists, but I wonder, how long it will be here. Nothing offical is happing here and we normal users can't do much to bring it back to life. Even if we do something like "everybody get a free VA from my trade box" or a competition; it would't motivate much users to return or stay here.

All I "wish" is a little more communiation to us normal users, not per chat, where only a handful people of VA users are, no, right here in the forum or on the top of the page.
This "I want to be mysterious to the users like Batman" is not always very helpful. He must not tell us his whole life, only this little sentence. But I don't think, we will hear something like that :/

If there is already something like this, I'm very sorry about not finding it.
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.
AlanHumphries

Post by AlanHumphries »

KiraNear, i totaly agree with you :(
Hyva

Post by Hyva »

I agree with you guys....
Liffy
Tiempos De Furia

Post by Liffy »

KiraNear, Bless you for this post! I had always thought that I'm the only one here with an opinion like that. I always wonder if it's still possible to bring the old VA back due to the fact that so many users have ceased to be active here. It's what you already said, we, the users, have absolutely no power making the site as much attractive as it once was. As long as there are no new features or events it's hardly surprising that people want to avoid the site, myself included, which is a shame... :/

I also hope for an official statement of yanks. Best of all would be if it's shown on the front page, so that everyone, whether old or new users, are getting aware of the current situation and maybe, with a bit of luck, there is a chance to find someone who is qualified enough for helping yanks with the job. Otherwise we must admit that, unfortunately, it's the end of this website. I think it was worth a try... u3u
♫ Manipulate the pulse, the pattern, the rhythm ♫
♪ Dominate the beat ♪

♪ Manipulate the pulse, the pattern, the beat ♪
♫ Dominate the world ♫
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Well part of the issue is it is an unpaid possition, so it would have to be someone who knows the coding and is willing to work for pokemon promos, and already plays and likes this game. I think the absence of yankeesrule, as well as most of the staff going into retired status is not a good sign
Adoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

sadly the biggest issue--as most of you know--we do not have a coder who is able to set aside the time for the website. Yankees is done with college and has a full time job which makes it very difficult. no one has applied for the coder position that is able to give what the site needs, and until this happens things will probably stay as they are...

believe it or not, there are events planned but have not been released due to the lack of time yankees is unable to dedicate to the site.

imo, i believe no one will apply or want the position unless enough money is involved... much like luci (49ER) stated.
Adoptable
Catslover
I <3 Shiny's

Post by Catslover »

Would it help if the advertisements are coming back?
(And if you are Premium you don't see them)

Thank you for telling about yankees ^^
Good to hear that he finished college, and got a job
Last edited by Catslover on January 26th, 2016, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:king: AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable :wub:
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

It would be useful to set an information at the main page that yankee is looking for 1-2 coders. just bc he stated that in one post it doesn't mean that everyone read and know it^^'
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
49ER

Post by 49ER »

The premie memberships were suspended in Dec for lack of development by Yankees, so that is no longer going on. If we could find someone and the premie membership fees could be given to the new administrator (or co admin, if yankees wants to share the duties with someone), I believe the money could be raised. I think we just need to know how much money is needed, and go from there.
At this time, I can only think of one active player who would be qualified to do it and he says he does not have the time. So if anyone knows of anyone who can code and have them come on and state how much money they would want for it, then we could have a jumping off point.
Adoptable
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

49ER, I know one, who knows a bit. but I am not sure whether she has the time to do it. but she already talked to yankee. so let's hope, we'll find someone soon :3
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
After Hours

Post by After Hours »

Dying out?
That's not a good sign considering I only signed up yesterday. Haha.