Unova Topic

Talk here about Virtuadopt in general - comment updates, talk about your achievements, adoptables...
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Re: Unova Topic

Post by UkeSora »

Zoka, I guess it really depends on the point of view.
With more Pokémon, they had to look at more animals to work with. And of course the newer Pokémon seem to have more markings or are harder to keep in mind in general because they look more complicated.
But I like the variety. And compared to Digimon, for example, the Pokémon haven't lost their charm yet!
While the new Digimon more and more look like humans, at least the Pokémon keep looking like 'monsters' or animals like they're supposed to.

I know it's an awful comparison, but the new Pokémon still work like the old ones (with new attacks and stuff) and this is simply something I like about it.
Zoka

Post by Zoka »

You have point there~ But I think they just should stop trying to come up with more and more new pokemons... At first there was supposed to be just 150 and now there's like almost 650 of them~ As a kid I stopped watching pokemon somewhere along Johto cause I hated it when they replaced the kanto pokis I so much liked... And the stupid Pikachu just had to stick along... <.<

I hated also that they made digimons look like humans... That sucked~
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

Zoka, oh, well, yes, but people still buy and play Pokémon, so I guess it's working with the new Pokémon as well. And I think many people were actually pretty happy about the Unova region, because it has so many nice (and god, finally tough and strong) bug Pokémon in it.
Zoka

Post by Zoka »

Pokemon surely is a damn good way to make money... X,D
Have to admit the strong bug pokemon was a one good thing about unova~ Stupid bug pokemon were useless in previous regions...
Papilusion
Daydreamer

Post by Papilusion »

Hatching all my eggs, hoping for Unova to come out. Ain't I the optimist? :P
I'm prepared to be disapointed though... :? And indeed... I'm no big fan of the special dex. Maybe Unova will come this summer?
Adoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

I wasn't a big fan of Unova when it first came out, but I think there are still a few pokemon that are really cute.

For some reason I really favor Eelektross, even if it is supposed to be a giant Leech or something like that *^*/
Adoptable
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

I am really looking forward to get it done anytime soon. I just wish I wouldn't be so tired when I come home late in the evening. :c
Right now it's shoving my whole workload to the week-end, whereas I actually wish to see friends and spend the time with my family.
And I haven't touched my Wii for weeeeeks. I want to play Zelda so badly. xD
KöniginDerNacht

Post by KöniginDerNacht »

i hope we get them all this year :D

black/white was a good game, some pokemon were ugly at the first moment and now i can't wait for the release of black/white 2 in this year ^_____^

i hope for a shiny audino and durant :'D
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Ginta

Post by Ginta »

Ah Unova is... weird in some ways. This region is really not like the others, it's special. For Pokémon themselves as for the storyline of the new Editions ^^

The Pokémon are okay. There are a lot of them looking more chibi-like than in the other Generations. And on the other hand, there are more looking like... Yu-Gi-Oh-Monsters than Pokemon xD

But I like quite some Pokes out of that Region ^^
like Karrablast ;D
Sephirot Strife

Post by Sephirot Strife »

UkeSora wrote:Unova is a nice region. Because I have to draw them all, I have quite taken a liking to all of them.

In this point I agree only to an half with you. I'm sure this is a nice Reion but.. I think there is a biiiiiiiiiiiig difference between the other regions.

UkeSora wrote:And silly people! None of them are ugly.

They aren't ugly but they are no longer Pokemon, either...
They are animals or things I have at home or in a machine or something else...
If you look at Kanto maybe you know what I mean.. the new "pokemon" are just a try to make more money...
Collecting, Klink and Ditto :D
If Tomoaki clicked you, I can't reclick you 'cause we have the same IP Sorry.'
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

Sephirot Strife, the first and other regions of Pokémon are all based on animals or flowers as well. Some of them even look a lot like normal animals. Just take Tauros as an example. Or Fearow. Or Magicarp. Or Rattata. Magnemite and Voltorb are machinery as well, so you can't really say Kanto is any better than Unova. At all.
You grew up with these, so you might look at them with a different point of view.

Of course the region is different (it would be boring otherwise), but they are still Pokémon.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

Sephirot Strife, I would hate to think of Pokemon as a sell out.

But you know? I had this same attitude towards the Sinnoh generation, but the second time through I played the game I started to really like the Pokemon. And same thing is happening to Unova for me C:
I think any new Pokemon are hard to get used to because we are so used to playing and knowing what we already like.

I think our opinions will definitely change once the new gen is released on VA ^^
Adoptable
TsukiKitsune

Post by TsukiKitsune »

Sephirot Strife, i argue about the same thing in Final Fantasy Granted i stopped at ten.. but i like the Regions pokemon. i can't wait til they come out i want a female tepig so i can breed her to give to my friends ^^. And Tepig so cute! at First i was like We got a pig? a pig!! dang it! i wanted a Bunny! but... it changed when i got my tepig plushie, i was like find might as well get that.. and then when i got it it changed my life i sleep with her and everything ^^
Skitty4

Post by Skitty4 »

I joined when there was only Kanto, I hope Unova is released soon.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Mew is NOT for trade!
Please Come and join Image! Thank You!
ImageAdoptableImageImageAdoptableImage