Pokemon Go

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
Man-united

Pokemon Go

Post by Man-united »

Haven't seen a thread on this yet so how's everyone doing on this game?

I'm level 8, caught way too many Rattatas and Pidgey, the Professor must have millions of these :lol:

My Pokedex is
Caught: 24
Seen: 24

Have some pretty cool ones though - Eevee, Meowth, Slowpoke, Goldeen, Staryu, Horsea...just need to catch more of them so I can evolve them.

Found a wild Squirtle yesterday but my game kept crashing :(

For future updates I'd like to see Trading, Battles, Johto...
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Re: Pokemon Go

Post by mauwie »

i really love pokemon go <3
i'm currently on level 11
Pokedex:
seen 37
caught 37

the only downside for me is the game freezes so much and servers are constantly down. i really hope this is a problem they can fix in the future. it would also be awesome if they added a friend module, so you can add your friends to your game.

i've met so many people through pokemon go :'D it's my favourite thing about the game
Adoptable
vampire343

Post by vampire343 »

sigh...i'm only lvl 3. i've caught 3 Weedle, evolved one, then caught a Rattata. not very impressive. i ALMOST caught an Eeeve, but missed tapping on it. was mad about it for the next hour.
Adoptable Adoptable
Man-united

Post by Man-united »

Just walked around for a while and hatched a Grimer and Poliwag :o

And yeah, really hope they fix the server issues soon. I think in a few weeks when the hype starts dying down then it'll get better.
aur

Post by aur »

I nearly caught a dragonaire but it ran away :(
Caught lots of eevees so I can nearly evolve mine :D
Man-united

Post by Man-united »

aur wrote:I nearly caught a dragonaire but it ran away :(
Caught lots of eevees so I can nearly evolve mine :D
If you didn't know you can control what you Eevee turns into by
Jolteon – give nickname Sparky
Vaporeon – give the nickname Rainer
Flareon – give the nickname Pyro
:D

What's team is everyone on? I picked Team Instinct :P
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

Man-United, I heard that! about the eeveeloutions that is. i have both a flareon and a jolten, but i really wanted a vaporeon, so i will have to try it on my strongest eevee. i'll be sad if it doesn't work, but i have heard it from a lot of people.

i also heard you can recover your pokeballs when you throw them? but i've tried it and it has not worked for me nor several of my friends, so i'm not sure if that's just a rumor or something legit that needs some bugs worked out.

i'm on team mystic ;p i only joined it because maaany of my co-workers+boss is on it. tomorrow after work my boss and i are going out to hunt for pokemon xD

aur, i reallly want a dragonite, but i haven't been fortunate enough to run into dratini or dragonair D: also today i really wanted to level up to 12, but servers were down quite a bit so i gave up
Adoptable
Sayumi
• All good things to those who wait. ✿

Post by Sayumi »

Hi everyone :)

I started Pkmn Go last saturday, but I'm only lvl 5 and haven't caught anything big yet. Eevee's don't like me xD

And it was quite complicated to combine the search with the activities I did so yah...^^

Haven't chosen a team yet, I'd either go with red or blue I guess :) (mostly bc I love moltres and I like arktos)
Tradestation
Inoff. Helper: german, french & english
Image Image
KöniginDerNacht

Post by KöniginDerNacht »

My Pokedex is
Caught: 10
Seen: 10

because of my work, i haven't the time to hunt and catch :P
i'm not a freak, i have time to catch all ;)
in august i have holiday, maybe there is ore time for hunting^^
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

i went to the zoo today and caught loads of new pokemon i hadn't seen before :D
there were so many pokestops as well, i gained a level and a half on my day there.

i guess it really does matter on your area of which pokemon will appear. near my friend's house maany onix and geodude appear there xD it's kind of funny because we both dislike these pokemon.
Adoptable
MissLucie

Post by MissLucie »

I'm actually quite disappointed in Pokemon Go. I've been playing it for a bit and it annoys me that you either need wifi or use up a lot of data which I can't afford. I was hoping it would work without internet since gps doesn't require Internet it just needs Internet to work a bit faster, that's it. I thought they'd be able to work around that but hey.
Caught: 11
Seen: 11
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

MissLucie, i could be totally uninformed, but i heard that pokemon go doesn't really eat up that much data in phone plans. most individual phone plans are around 2-4 GB, if you are playing it around 8 hours a day it costs you 25MB on your phone.
8 hours = 25MB (a day) * 31 (days) = 775MB (1GB = 1024MB)
so if you are playing it constantly for an entire month, it eats up about 73% of one GB.

but one thing is for certain... it drains your battery like no other. i always carry around a charger with me now xD
Adoptable
MissLucie

Post by MissLucie »

The battery too,Mauwie. And I can't afford 1GB if data, they're already overcharging me for 500MB only,when my friend is paying the same for 1GB. So I can't wait to get my new phone and hopefully get a better plan.
KöniginDerNacht

Today i found a squirtle for my door =)
Yeah that was great..
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

MissLucie wrote:I'm actually quite disappointed in Pokemon Go. I've been playing it for a bit and it annoys me that you either need wifi or use up a lot of data which I can't afford. I was hoping it would work without internet since gps doesn't require Internet it just needs Internet to work a bit faster, that's it. I thought they'd be able to work around that but hey.
Caught: 11
Seen: 11

Try downloading an offline map of your area from google maps. it really helps load the maps in pokemon go faster and it also helps your battery. I was thinking about buying a Powerbank for a long time and thanks to pokemon go the prices went a bit down on them and i finally bought one ^_^

im currently on lvl 16 and team Red.
Still didnt evolve anything, but waiting to do it in a few days with a lucky egg while having a lure module picnic with some coworkers and people we just met while playing pokemon go :P
MisteryEevee

Post by MisteryEevee »

I haven't been able to really play lately. Weather has been too hot or too dangerous to go outside lately (thunderstorms and stuff). That being said, I only have about 38 Pokemon (and seen the same exact number) and I'm level 10, plus a lot of my eggs aren't hatched yet since I haven't been out and about. I'm also on Team Instinct, so it kind of goes without saying that my team doesn't dominate my state much (and I don't ever regret being on Instinct since Spark is super cool. They're all awesome leaders but Spark became the memelord-). I mostly see Valor and Mystic gyms. In fact, as far as I know, my family is rather split on Instinct and Mystic. I don't know anyone in my family who's on Team Valor. XP

I haven't had my first gym battle yet because I haven't had the time. TT_TT Plus, my phone is dying whenever I have the chance or it's too hot out. There's also not a lot of Pokestops in my town, so I'm trying to use my pokeballs rather sparingly lately. The good thing is, the gym where I work out at has a Pokestop in the building, so whenever I'm on the treadmill, I'm spinning it every 5 minutes. X3

The Pokemon with the highest CP on my team right now is Hypno with about 500+. That's about average here and I think it's fine if I want to challenge a gym. Most of the gyms I see have Pokemon that are around 400 - 1000+ CP anyways. :o
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
KöniginDerNacht

See: 33
Caught: 31
._.

I catch a goldking and tentacrul in my holidays on the island Rügen
There was alot of waterpokemon xD

For Minutes i see a kingler and i dont catch it
._.
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

Level: 17

Pokedex
Seen: 59
Caught: 62

Only able to find Poke Stops going to/from work and have not done anything at a gym other than pick a team. 144
KöniginDerNacht

Caught: 43
Seen: 45
lv. 10

today i've got a diglett >o<
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

I am level 7. Neither a Pokestop nor a gym in my village... *sigh* >.<'