Pokémon Sword & Shield

For discussing aspects of Pokemon not related to VA, such as the games, TCG, anime, and manga.
K-Y

Re: Pokémon Sword & Shield

Post by K-Y » December 1st, 2019, 8:16 pm

Well, I like playing this game ^^ but for sure high lvl raids will be annoying... and dynamax is strange, but for sure better than Z-attacks from alola, I hate them so much ;x

Edit. oh, and I don't like idea with home thing... If some pokis will be obtainable only from there, ugh...
ImageTeam InstinctImage
"Inni złodzieje zwyczajnie kradli wszystko, czego nie przybito do podłoża, ale ten złodziej kradł również gwoździe."
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif » December 1st, 2019, 11:58 pm

I have around 100 hours in Shield now. I've had the game since the 20th of november, because I got it second hand. Yeah, the game is fun and it's the first time that I'm actually trying to play more competitively, but there are still so many things that really annoy me. I would rate it 6.5/10, but nonetheless I would say it's in my top three of favorite Pokémon games so far. I'll probably write a more detailed review once I stopped playing for a while x'D
Sabbo
Like a boss

Post by Sabbo » December 2nd, 2019, 5:36 pm

i play Pokemon Sword now. actually i was going to get Shield but it was sold out. started playing when i came back from Japan on 22th of November. since i really wanted to play the game with a shiny pokemon right from the beginning, i started shiny battling very early. haven't made much progress with the story or the badges but encountered around 1000+ Chewtle and Zigzagoon x D.
Yesterday, the magic happened but it turned out totally different x D

i battle every random brilliant pokemon i see for watts and ran into a brilliant Skwovet while looking for another Chewtle or Zigzagoon. the Skwovet was a random shiny!

Named her Chipsy and everstoned her since i don't like Greedent that much. she looks cuter without evolution. in battle she turned out to be a rare square shiny. i tried to catch the shiny squares on camera but it is a difficult task. in the last photo, you can see one blurred, bright square floating in the air and another, cutted one in the grass.
Spoiler:
Although its not one of the shinies i was actually looking for i'am very happy with her^^
ImageImageImageImageImage
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif » December 2nd, 2019, 5:55 pm

Actually, the Square Shiny ist the more common one with a chance of 15/16. Except for breeding, where the odds are reversed and a Star Shiny has a 15/16 chance afaik.
Still, a shiny is a shiny. Congratz!
BookWyrm

Post by BookWyrm » December 4th, 2019, 10:15 pm

I'm really enjoying it so far. I like the new Pokémon and exploring the region and I personally don't really care they left some Pokémon out of the game since I already have trouble choosing which ones I want in my team because I like them all. Although I'm disappointed with the starter evos, but I had seen that coming.

I do hate it though that the Exp. Share can't be turned off now. I don't understand why they did that. But as long as I don't battle or catch too many wild Mons my team's not too OP. xD

I don't know about the antagonist team, but I'm barely halfway so I'll see.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spoiler:
Image Image
K-Y

Post by K-Y » December 5th, 2019, 4:14 pm

Well, I've got a shiny Salandit in my pokemon shield and kill it... It was my 2nd Salandit in the game, and I even didn't know this is a shiny form ^^" I wanted to catch it but it fainted after 1 hit =_=
ImageTeam InstinctImage
"Inni złodzieje zwyczajnie kradli wszystko, czego nie przybito do podłoża, ale ten złodziej kradł również gwoździe."