Autumn Contest 2018

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
SpoonyBard
† fool †

Autumn Contest 2018

Post by SpoonyBard »

Mallow wrote:Alola, dear Pokemon trainers, thanks for stopping by!

Have you been enjoying the release of Alola on Virtuadopt so far? I did for sure, although I've been superbusy the last few days. See, I've been working on a lot of new recipes, since I want to take over my family business one day, a restaurant to be precise. I still have a lot to learn though...
Well, since you are here, how about you help me out a bit? Two heads think better than one!

To make things short, I'd like you to come up with a recipe! Be it something delicious for yourself, something your Pokémon may enjoy, or even mixing some herbs together to make helpful medicine, there are (almost) no limits when it comes to cooking! Hopefully you can all inspire me with your creations! And who knows, you may even attract some Pokémon to have a look at what you've cooked up...

Contest Rules

1) You may use any ingedients that are "canon" in the Pokémon universe. This can vary from main games to spinoffs or even manga or anime. As long as you can provide source materials, everything goes!
2) All your descriptions should be written in english.
3) Only one entry for each user.
4) If you have been banned at any time during the contest, you may not enter.
5) You may edit your entry as many times as you like during the contest, but once it ended, you may not anymore. If you do, you will be disqualified.
6) You may draw pictures of your dish, just make sure to upload them somewhere save so they won't get deleted during the judging.
7) When putting together your recipe, make sure to follow some logic. If you, for example, want to make up a certain Malasada-recipe, chances are high it will only be served in the Alola region and you can only get ingredients from this region.
8) Let your creativity flow, you don't have to stop at a simple recipe. Descripe your dish in any ways possible!
9) Make sure to post your entry in the entry-topic, this topic here is mostly for asking questions etc.

The contest will end on the 14th of November 2018, 23:59 server time!

Spoiler for For your effort, you may win some special Virtuadopts:
Image Image

AdoptableImageImage
My trade topic
Kaede

Re: Autumn Contest 2018

Post by Kaede »

1) You may use any ingedients that are "canon" in the Pokémon universe. This can vary from main games to spinoffs or even manga or anime. As long as you can provide source materials, everything goes!
Uhm, do we need to add source materials to the recipe-post or do we just need to answer you, if there are questions when you judge the entries?
Collections listed in my forum profile.
SpoonyBard
† fool †

Post by SpoonyBard »

Let's say it's better if you add it to the recipe-post itsself, since I won't have the time to ask every single user about every single ingredient and in worst case, if it seems off, you'll get a worse grade while judging. Still, don't hold back to be as creative as you can!
Let me bring you an example: Moo Moo Milk is something pretty known in the Pokemon universe, as it has been in many games up until now. So, it's probably not too far-fetched that some kind of cheese made out of milk also exists. As long as you can explain your creations, it's fine :)

If you bring up some kind of, let's say, special berry that has been mentioned only once in the Anime, it's way better if you provide a source.
AdoptableImageImage
My trade topic
Kaede

Post by Kaede »

Okay thank you for the answer :D
Collections listed in my forum profile.
SpoonyBard
† fool †

Post by SpoonyBard »

Short reminder, you have less than 48 hours left! =3
AdoptableImageImage
My trade topic
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

SpoonyBard wrote: October 14th, 2018, 10:29 pm 7) When putting together your recipe, make sure to follow some logic. If you, for example, want to make up a certain Malasada-recipe, chances are high it will only be served in the Alola region and you can only get ingredients from this region.
I have a question regarding this rule. Can't we mix ingredients from different regions? Like let's say the recipe needs Moomoo milk from Miltank and honey from Combee. Will we get a lower grade for the recipe because the Pokemon are from Johto and Sinnoh? I mean isn't it possible to import ingredients from different regions via train or ship. Just like you can find Chinese restaurants in Europe or America, isn't it possible that "interegional" restaurants exist in the pokeworld? ^^
I collect: Steenee, Lurantis, Passimian, Dragonair, Mareep, Gardevoir,
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
SpoonyBard
† fool †

Post by SpoonyBard »

Ofc it is possible, no worries, importing stuff surely is a thing in the Pokemon universe and a legit reason to put something into your recipe. More like, think of ingredients that could spoil pretty fast, for example, let's say a certain region doesn't have any Miltank, so you probably would be able to import cheese made out of Moomoo milk, since cheese can last for some time, but getting your hands on fresh Moomoo milk would be pretty troublesome. Something like that =3
In your example, honey is known to last for a pretty long time and it doesn't spoil very easy, so importing it is no problem and wouldn't lower your grade
AdoptableImageImage
My trade topic
Glichu

Post by Glichu »

I'm sorry for silly question, but... I have to ask. :oops:

Today I was browsing around the forum and found this topic and I remebered that this contest was finished more than a month ago, and we still have no results. Can anybody give a hint when we'll see it?

Thanks in advance ^_^
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptable
General amount of hatched shinies: 122
SpoonyBard
† fool †

Post by SpoonyBard »

No worries, the contest is being worked on. As you could imagine, the time around christmas and before has been pretty busy, especially for me, and since I'm not the only one judging the entries and need to stay in contact with the others from the team, who are also busy as well, it takes some time to get it all right.
So, just be a bit more patient pls :)
AdoptableImageImage
My trade topic
Glichu

Post by Glichu »

Ok, I see. Thank you for the answer.

I'll wait as much as it takes ;)
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptable
General amount of hatched shinies: 122