A Special Kind of Contest

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
Ellie
HBIC

A Special Kind of Contest

Post by Ellie »

Entries go here!

Hello users of VA,

I have another contest for you all to participate in, should you choose. However, this contest is different from the ones we have had in the past. How is it different? Well, first off, you will not win any promotional VAs for entering. What else is different? Read on to find out...

In order to enter this contest, you will need to create a promo VA. You may either do a Christmas-themed VA or a VA that is not themed for any particular season. There are 2 ways to enter:

1. Creating the entire VA
This way of entering is for people who want to show off their own art on VA. In this category, you will enter a 100x100 image, a 250x250 big image, and a 40x40 pokedex icon. You may submit a shiny version if you wish, but it is not required.

Your entry should look as close to the current VA art style as possible. We also reserve the right to make small changes to your entry should we see fit.

2. Submitting an idea for a potential VA
This way of entering is for people who may not be as good at art but would still like to create a VA. You must submit a description of what you want the VA to look like. This can include a written description, sketches, or anything else you want. You should include enough details that an artist could easily make your vision a reality, including things like color scheme and other details. One of the artists will take any winners from this category and draw the VA.

There are a few rules that apply to people entering either category:
1) You may only enter one category and you may only enter one VA. No paired adoptables are allowed either. The only thing you may do is enter multiple colors of your VA, but it is not required.
2) All entries must be real Pokemon. Simple enough, no Fakemon are allowed.
3) All ideas, artwork, and anything else used must be 100% yours. You may not take ideas or artwork from other people. If we find out you took ANYTHING you will be permanently banned. Don't do it.
4) No entries too similar to existing VAs. An example would be a Surfing Pikachu that looks different from the one we already have. No matter how good it looks we won't pick it if its appearance/idea is almost the same as something we already have.
5) The entries cannot have ever been posted on another website and may not be posted on another website after entry. This is so other websites will not be using the image. The ONLY place it may ever be uploaded is a simple image hoster like photobucket or tinypic. Note: If you do not win, you may post your image wherever you want after the contest is over, but you must wait until the results are posted otherwise you will automatically be disqualified.
6) You must write your own dex entry. 200 word limit and please try to write with good grammar/no profanity. Look at existing special dex entries for an idea of length/content. We also reserve the right to change this slightly.

More rules may be added/clarified as the contest goes on at my discretion.

Now, I bet you all are wondering why you should bother to enter this contest since I told you that you wouldn't win any promos for entering. However, the winner(s) will get something (arguably) even better than a promo. Their entry will become an official VA that others can adopt and use on the website. Oh, and I suppose I did lie a little bit because the winner(s) will also get a copy of their Virtuadopt for free when we decide how to distribute it.

There will not, however, be any sort of consolation prize if your VA is not chosen so only serious applicants should enter. There will likely be only one winner from each category (chosen by me with the rest of the staff giving their opinion as well), but I reserve the right to choose more if I like more or choose none if I do not like them.

Because of this, by entering you are agreeing to let Virtuadopt use your entry for as long as we want to, and no one else can ever use it on any other website.

You will have 2 months to enter this contest, so it will end on November 27 at 11:59 PM in my timezone (United States Pacific Time). If I do not close it right at the deadline, any posts made after the deadline will not count so get your entries in. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me or post in this thread, not the entry thread.
Spoiler:
Please click box 1 & sig!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Trading Box 13 for Clefairy/Easter Exeggcute/Xmas Sudowoodo
Trade
Yarold's
xDisaster
Bright Blue Star ♥

Re: A Special Kind of Contest

Post by xDisaster »

Ok, just so I get this straight through my head, the VA that wins would be put into the Special part of the pokedex correct? and can it be a different theme or does it have to be specifically Christmas themed or plain?
[center]Image Image
Made by the lovely a-chan
Happy 10 years my love
3-21-07[/center]
Ellie
HBIC

Post by Ellie »

it'll be a special dex entry and it MUST be either xmas-themed or no particular season-themed.
Spoiler:
Trade
Yarold's
xDisaster
Bright Blue Star ♥

Post by xDisaster »

Ellie, ok, thanks :3
[center]Image Image
Made by the lovely a-chan
Happy 10 years my love
3-21-07[/center]
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Awesome! I sure will enter!
My collections:
ImageImageImage
KopierKatze
La vie en rose.

Post by KopierKatze »

This will be a challenge! d: Thanks for this awesome contest.
2 months? I should start working. xD
Catslover
I <3 Shiny's

Post by Catslover »

Wow cool!
And less work for the staff, and a great Promo, and if you did make it, awesome! :D

If I get a idea, I will sure try it!

If I will enter, it will be option 2 ^^
Last edited by Catslover on September 28th, 2012, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
:king: AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable :wub:
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

Ellie wrote:5) The entries cannot have ever been posted on another website and may not be posted on another website after entry. This is so other websites will not be using the image. The ONLY place it may ever be uploaded is a simple image hoster like photobucket or tinypic.
So this rule also applies even if your idea won't be chosen in the end?
This doesn't make sense to me, maybe you can explain it further?
I collect: Steenee, Lurantis, Passimian, Dragonair, Mareep, Gardevoir,
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
MewMisaki
Flaushiram ♥

Post by MewMisaki »

Nice, I'll definitely enter! (Good that my new graphic tablet will arrive in a few days :3)
AdoptableAdoptable
Ellie
HBIC

Post by Ellie »

AshtrayHeart wrote:
Ellie wrote:5) The entries cannot have ever been posted on another website and may not be posted on another website after entry. This is so other websites will not be using the image. The ONLY place it may ever be uploaded is a simple image hoster like photobucket or tinypic.
So this rule also applies even if your idea won't be chosen in the end?
This doesn't make sense to me, maybe you can explain it further?
you can post them elsewhere if you don't win, sorry, i should clarify that. this rule is just meant to make sure anything that we use for VA stays on VA only.
Spoiler:
Trade
Yarold's
luluna
Location: used to be a eevee but when playing with a furret i got lost

Post by luluna »

so a very clear description can work to ? becaus i can't really draw pokemons yet,

can you re enter (another idea) if the contest restarst for a second time?
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

So.. If I want to make an adoptable for a special day/week, like we already had Pirate Vaporeon.. from which month(s) should I choose? I guess December is too early, so Januari? Or does it not matter, that the day is already passed when the adoptable gets released?
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Ellie
HBIC

Post by Ellie »

the only time-related theme you may do is xmas. anything else can't be themed for a particular season or holiday or anything.

as for if this contest is ever redone, we will cross that bridge when we come to it, i have no idea if anything like this will be done again in the future.
Spoiler:
Trade
Yarold's
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Ellie, Alright, thanks for your fast answer :)
My collections:
ImageImageImage
luluna
Location: used to be a eevee but when playing with a furret i got lost

Post by luluna »

Ellie, yes thank you :) i really like it i have like a mountain of ideas :)
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Are Christmas traditions that take place in only some countries allowed to? In Belgium (I live there) and Holland, we have an extra holiday: Sinterklaas.

You can find here more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

Just to make sure, there is a quite big difference between Sinterklaas & 'the real' Christmas.
Last edited by PokeTrade on September 28th, 2012, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

Ellie wrote:you can post them elsewhere if you don't win, sorry, i should clarify that. this rule is just meant to make sure anything that we use for VA stays on VA only.
Ah, thanks for making that clear. Still it would mean that you aren't allowed to submit your entry anywhere else as long as the contest isn't being judged.
I collect: Steenee, Lurantis, Passimian, Dragonair, Mareep, Gardevoir,
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

It's times like this I wish I had a laptop, because I've had an idea for a virtuadopt for months. Oh well. Good luck to all the participants. :)
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

Are we also allowed to combine 2 or more Pokémon, like the Million Quinted one, or does it have to be a single one? :3
KiraNear
Man of Mayhem

Post by KiraNear »

Is it allowed to take another traditions that the american ones? I have an good idea, but it's a tradition from germany and austria.
AdoptableImage
Avatar made by smilesupsidedown.
Picture in my signature made by Cyrrior.