FAQ and Chatter for the 'Make It or Take It Contest'

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

FAQ and Chatter for the 'Make It or Take It Contest'

Post by Dustydragon »

FAQ's for the Make It or Take It Contest .....
Question: Make It - can we use other materials then the ones suggested?

Answer: Of course, as long as you follow the guidelines and rules of the contest, and I am able to see what Virtuadopt Pokemon you have chosen.

Question: Take It - can there be people in the pictures?

Answer: This depends. If the people are dressed up like Pokemon and are a part of the theme, and are acting like the Pokemon, then of course. If the people are dressed up like Pokemon and acting like people (in ANY way) then no, the picture will not be accepted. ***if you are unsure, please ask me***

Question: Take It - what if I take a picture of something that resembles a Pokemon, and there are things like cars, and people and other things in the background? Is that ok?

Answer: This is fine. Just make sure you make a note of the object you are focused on, and what Pokemon it resembles, so that I am sure to focus on that object only, and nothing else. I understand that we are not all professional photographers, and can't block out backgrounds.

Question: Take It - what if my friend looks like a Pokemon? May I take a picture of them?

Answer: No. Dog, cat, any other animal is fine, but not people. DO NOT take the dog, cat or other animals to the groomers to get a hair cut to look like a Pokemon! I will not accept these photos either ;)
The only time I will accept someone dressing up as a Pokemon is for the THEME photo, but they have to adhere to the question answered above. :)

Question: Contest - do I need to add a card with my name and the word Virtuadopt or VA to each photo and the photo of my finished piece of art?

Answer: YES!!! If you do not do this, or forget to add the Virtuadopt/VA you will be disqualified.

Question: Make It - why are we only allowed to use Virtuadopt Pokedex Images instead of something we draw ourselves.

Answer: I felt this time I would make it easy to find the artwork and even easier for those who are unable to draw like others who have that talent. Some people choose not to enter a contest because they think, 'oh I can't draw, so I won't win, so I won't bother'. I thought, how can this be easier for them, and this is what I thought of :) Just Print out the picture and add the lines and measure and add the paper. Easy Peasy :)

Question: Make It - are we allowed to do more than one Pokemon in a mosaic? For example one of the Valentine's pairs in one mosaic or Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu because they belong together in some way.

Answer: If they go together in a set, then yes, if not, then NO.
So the Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu wouldn't be acceptable, but the Valentine's Pair's would

Question: Make It - are the shiny forms allowed too? Can we use a special Dex Pokemon?

Answer: Any image from the Virtuadopt Pokedex is allowed.

Question: Take It - I have an idea because many of our pets remembers me on pokemon- like my snakes on ekans. I think it`s clear they don`t look like ekans, because of colour and patterns. is it ok or not? (I could ask these question for every pet we have *gg*)

Answer: A snake would be an easy one, because Ekans and Seviper are snakes so, I can't see you getting high marks for that ;)
Now if the snake were a purple colour, and had the patterns then maybe :)

Now, with dogs and cats, they may have markings on their fur that look like Pokemon, or their face looks like one of the ghosts.

It is up to you, how you want to do your picture ;)

Question: Make It - if you do the mozaiek with just macaroni, is it allowed to color it, or can it be only natural ?

And with real mozaiek you can use some kind of cement to make it smooth , what do you do then with things like macaroni ?
Just keep some space between it or do you have to make it smooth too ?

And the about the bottom, everything is fine ?
Like Paper ?

Answer: For a mosaic with macaroni, to colour macaroni here is an idea ;)

COLOURED MACARONI

you can also spray paint or paint the macaroni different colours :)
macaroni is sold in different colours now too :D

and yes you can leave it natural if you choose.

Yes will tiles they use cement, and with Macaroni, you can always break the macaroni to fit the way you want it to. The macaroni does not have to stay as macaroni...it can be broken macaroni.....just like you are not going to take a full egg shell and put it on the image ;) you would probably break it up
so you really wouldn't need to put anything in between

and paper is fine for macaroni, or you can go with something like cardboard or even cardstock (like a cereal box) :)

Question: Make It - Can we change the colours of the Pokemon in the images?

Answer: YES! The only thing you CANNOT change, add to, take away from, anything else, is the Image itself, the outline. You may change the colours and that is the ONLY thing you can change.

Question: Take It - if you are meant to take the picture of something out of the environment, does that mean you are allowed to add your va-name afterwards or do you have to hold a paper with it into the picture while taking it?

Answer: My suggestion is this.
Make sure that you have a sign or something with your name and Virtuadopt/VA written on it with you at all times, that is big enough to see. Remember you have 6 weeks to do this contest, so don't rush yourself ;)
If you see the object, you can always have a friend hold the name tag while you take the picture of the object so that you don't have to worry about holding it at the same time, or just put it with the object.

Unfortunately, you can't add it later because then it looks like you found the picture on the net and then added your name to it. When that happens, it is 'assumed' to be art theft :(

If anyone finds an easier solution to this, please feel free to share.

Question: Make It - I would like to do a 3-D mosaic somehow, would that be acceptable?

Answer: As long as you do not alter the Virtuadopt Pokedex image in any way, you may do your mosaic how you like :)

The Pokemon Image must look exactly like it does in the Virtuadopt Pokedex - except you can change the colours of course ;)
You are not allowed to add/alter/take away from the line art or image of the Pokemon in anyway. Once you do, the image will be disqualified.

Question: Make It - Can I mix some stuff to make a mosaik, like using beans, macaroni and stones in the same mosaik?

Answer:Yes sure, feel free to use any medium you want to use. In the end, it doesn't matter if you used just one or 50 different materials to create your mosaic.
As long as the image of the Pokemon is not altered, added to, or taken away from in anyway.

Question: Make It - So we can't make a picture with multiple Pokemon in the mosiac? Can we use a special Dex Pokemon?

Answer: You may only use Pokemon that go together, like the Valentine's Lovediscs or the Tauros and Miltank, but you cannot put together a Shiny Miltank, and a regular Miltank.
Yes you may use a Special Dex Pokemon.

Question: Contest - So you may enter one of the two tasks, not both? ;)
There are 2 prizes, are they related to the task or the ranking?

Answer: Well philosophically speaking, you could do both tasks and also show us both of your works (both in one posting) but you had to choose one of them with which you'd like to enter this contest then, as you're only allowed to have one entry.
You could win both prizes, and the judging will be based on how it is like previous contests...Eligible, Good and Best.
***Please note - a 3rd prize has been added***

Question: Make It - Is it okay for me to draw it out as a base so long as it is still pretty much exactly the same thing? I don't want to print it because I'm cheap and ink is not.

Answer: You can of course copy the artwork by drawing if you're lacking a printer as long as you don't add or leave out any necessary details of the artwork. :)
I understand that not everyone has the money for ink, or doesn't have a computer, so this is acceptable.

Question: Make It - Can I also use "Bügelperlen" (sorry, don´t know the english word for it). I think it is also a mosaic.

Answer: Ah you mean buy the beads seperate and then iron them together after you put them on the image, so that they stick together?
Spoiler:
I do not see why not.

Again....as long as you DO NOT add/take away, or alter the Virtuadopt image in any way :) it has to look like the image in the Virtuadopt Pokedex when you are finished (except for the colour, if you have changed that) :)

Question: Contest - For the Take It project you have to include your name and the virtuadopt, do you want us to do this for the Make It project too?

Answer: You have to include your name, and the word Virtuadopt or VA
and yes for the Make It Project to ;)

Question: Make It - is it alright if we include our name and VA in the mosaic(instead of on a card)

Answer: Yes this is fine with me :)

Question: Make It - Do I have to do the full dex image, or can it be strictly of the Pokemon? By this I mean do I have to do the blue/fade to white background?

Answer: It is the image of the Pokemon, not the sprite ;)

Question: Make It - 1. Does the mosaik have to be flat? Or can we decorate let's say a flower pot with it also? Or make a glass ball? Or a glass for candles?
2. Can we do a frame or does it have to be without lines as in the example picture? I thought of making a Reuniclus, but it is difficult to do because the body is floating in one big jelly-bubble, and it wouldn't look that nice without its fingers visible... do you understand what I mean? It would look like some colored balls in a light green blob. Or Clefairy, for example. It only has two colours, so without lines it would be one single pink blob with two brown/black triangles on top and a face.

Answer: 1. Yes you can do it on whatever you like
2. Of course you can add the lines in there :)
They are part of the line art, so that would be fine

Question: Take It - Do the pokemon plushs (etc.) have to be in the nature or can I make something like a decoration for the room with a specific theme with them? ^^
SO I mean...something like a windowdecoration on the window ledge?

Answer: Yes you can make a background if you choose, it is up to you, what you do for your picture.

Question: Take It - I decided that I don't want to do the mosaic now, but I already have one made. Can I put it in the summer scene with figure and plushies so long as I firmly state that it is not for the mosaic?
Can I make some cut outs for the scene?

Answer: This is fine :)
and yes you may make some cut outs for the scene
You have six weeks for this...what you post now, doesn't have to be the final project. I am not judging until after I lock this thread ;)

Question: Make It - I'm currently kind of stuck inside for exams so I can't go out to buy supplies,
but I was wondering if it was okay to colour the paper yourself with pencils/markers if you haven't got any coloured paper...

Answer: I don't mind this so much, but remember you do have six weeks, so that is until the end of July. There is also all sorts of things you can use for 'medium' and glue.
If you are stuck and would like help, just pm me, and I can give you some idea :D (if you would like)

Question: Make It - Is it allowed to make a colorful (with differents colors) or a theme background like a beach or a play area?

Answer: A colourful background is ok....a theme, no.
I don't want anything taking away from the image of the Pokemon. The main focus of the contest is the image of the Pokemon and how you can take that image and re-create it.
If everyone started adding to it, then the image doesn't become the main focus ;)
I don't mind the mosaic having a border either, but it has to be near the edge of the outside, not near the image ;)

Question: Make It - Is it possible to scan the mosaik (if it is made of paper and the name is written below) instead of taking a photo of it? I don't have a camera to take photos, so this would be the only possibility for me to enter the contest

Answer: Of course :)

Please use this thread to ask Questions, talk about the contest ect.

Just a reminder..... Entries go HERE
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptable
click the banner to be taken to my box 1 :)
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Re: FAQ and Chatter for the 'Make It or Take It Contest'

Post by Ashy »

Make it
Are we allowed to do more than one Pokemon in a mosaic? For example one of the Valentine's pairs in one mosaic or Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu because they belong together in some way.
I collect: Steenee, Lurantis, Passimian, Dragonair, Mareep, Gardevoir,
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

The rules/possiblities are now very fair. Everybody has now a fair chance, well done!
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

thank you PokeTrade
AshtrayHeart wrote:Make it
Are we allowed to do more than one Pokemon in a mosaic? For example one of the Valentine's pairs in one mosaic or Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu because they belong together in some way.
If they go together in a set, then yes, if not, then no.
So the Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu wouldn't be acceptable, but the Valentine's Pair's would :)
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

Dustydragon, alright, thanks for the fast answer :)
I collect: Steenee, Lurantis, Passimian, Dragonair, Mareep, Gardevoir,
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
Catslover
I <3 Shiny's

Post by Catslover »

Wow awesome prizes, I love them <3
I'm going to try it!
Good luck everyone! :D

Ps. I'm not sure if I will do that, but are the Shiny Forms allowed too?
(of course only the VA Art ;))
:king: AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable :wub:
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

Flamaij wrote:Make it
Do we have to print the pictures out and then put them together, take a picture and update it OR is it also possible to put the pictures digitally together, print out the final work and then take a picture of it? Because I doubt that everyone has a colour printer at home...
Just print out the picture....(it doesn't have to be coloured) because you are going to add the colour on top with the tile or paper or whatever you are using as the medium :)

There shouldn't be any reason to use a computer to do anything digital at all here.
When you take a picture of the final project, I would like to see the mosaic on the paper, with your name and Virtuadopt or VA

Catslover wrote: Ps. I'm not sure if I will do that, but are the Shiny Forms allowed too?
Any image from the Virtuadopt Pokedex :)
La Lapras

Post by La Lapras »

Question: Take It - what if my friend looks like a Pokemon? May I take a picture of them?

Answer: No. Dog, cat, any other animal is fine, but not people. DO NOT take the dog, cat or other animals to the groomers to get a hair cut to look like a pokemon! I will not accept these photos either ;)
The only time I will accept someone dressing up as a pokemon is for the THEME photo, but they have to adhere to the question answered above. :)
question:
i have an idea because many of our pets remembers me on pokemon- like my snakes on ekans. i think it`s clear they don`t look like ekans, because of colour and patterns. is it ok or not? (i could ask these question for every pet we have *gg*)
Do you see... on the horizon. As peace-ful as can be. Lapras flows like the moving dance....
Of the waves of the great blue sea! Across the sunset... Lapras flows... As peaceful as can be.
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

La Lapras wrote: question:
i have an idea because many of our pets remembers me on pokemon- like my snakes on ekans. i think it`s clear they don`t look like ekans, because of colour and patterns. is it ok or not? (i could ask these question for every pet we have *gg*)
A snake would be an easy one, because Ekans and Seviper are snakes so, I can't see you getting high marks for that ;)
Now if the snake were a purple colour, and had the patterns then maybe :)

Now, with dogs and cats, they may have markings on their fur that look like pokemon, or their face looks like one of the ghosts.

It is up to you, how you want to do your picture ;)
Catslover
I <3 Shiny's

Post by Catslover »

Dustydragon wrote:
Catslover wrote: Ps. I'm not sure if I will do that, but are the Shiny Forms allowed too?
Any image from the Virtuadopt Pokedex :)

Ah okay, thank you! ^^
And I have another question!

If you do the mozaiek with just macaroni, is it allowed to color it, or can it be only natural ?

And with real mozaiek you can use some kind of cement to make it smooth , what do you do then with things like macaroni ?

Like Paper ?
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

Catslover wrote: Ah okay, thank you! ^^
And I have another question!

If you do the mozaiek with just macaroni, is it allowed to color it, or can it be only natural ?

Like Paper ?

For a mosaic with macaroni, to colour macaroni here an idea ;)

COLOURED MACARONI

you can also spray paint or paint the macaroni different colours :)
macaroni is sold in different colours now too :D

and yes you can leave it natural if you choose.

Yes will tiles they use cement, and with Macaroni, you can always break the macaroni to fit the way you want it to. The macaroni does not have to stay as macaroni...it can be broken macaroni.....just like you are not going to take a full egg shell and put it on the image ;) you would probably break it up
so you really wouldn't need to put anything in between

and paper is fine for macaroni, or you can go with something like cardboard or even cardstock XD
Catslover
I <3 Shiny's

Post by Catslover »

Thank you for much for answering :D

Now let's make a idea... (and materials)
Good luck all!! :king:
inuyashagirl521

Post by inuyashagirl521 »

So we can't make a picture with multiple Pokemon in the mosiac?

Can we use a special Dex Pokemon?
Click my eggs in box one, please? <3 Click here to make a Meowth smile by helping!~
Avatar by Ugh-First-Aid on Vdexproject.net
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

inuyashagirl521 wrote:So we can't make a picture with multiple Pokemon in the mosiac?

Can we use a special Dex Pokemon?

You may use any Pokemon in the Virtuadopt Pokedex :)
and NO, unless they are paired together as a set, you may not put them together.
Sorry :S
sarasa-chan

Post by sarasa-chan »

Can I mix some stuff to make a mosaik, like using beans, macaroni and stones in the same mosaik?
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Lux
Aeterna

Post by Lux »

One question, maybe I skipped it by skim reading. But how are we supposed to post entries, when the thread is locked?
BvVeen
Congratz! Master

Post by BvVeen »

So you may enter one of the two tasks, not both? ;)

There are 2 prizes, are they related to the task or the ranking? :)
Liirah
Shark Prince

Post by Liirah »

sarasa-chan wrote:Can I mix some stuff to make a mosaik, like using beans, macaroni and stones in the same mosaik?
Yes sure, feel free to use any medium you want to use. In the end, it doesn't matter if you used just one or 50 different materials to create your mosaic.
BvVeen wrote:So you may enter one of the two tasks, not both? ;)
Well philosophically speaking, you could do both tasks and also show us both of your works (both in one posting) but you had to choose one of them with which you'd like to enter this contest then, as you're only allowed to have one entry.
BvVeen wrote:There are 2 prizes, are they related to the task or the ranking? :)
They're probably related to the rankings, just like it was in previous contests. So do your best and you might get both of those wonderful Mime Jr. :)
Lux wrote:One question, maybe I skipped it by skim reading. But how are we supposed to post entries, when the thread is locked?
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea why the entries thread was locked. I'll leave this question open until Dusty is online again. :P
ImageImageImageImageImage
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

It was just locked so the users won't post questions there. It will be open later for you to post your entries there!
inuyashagirl521

Post by inuyashagirl521 »

Is it okay for me to draw it out as a base so long as it is still pretty much exactly the same thing? I don't want to print it because I'm cheap and ink is not.
Click my eggs in box one, please? <3 Click here to make a Meowth smile by helping!~
Avatar by Ugh-First-Aid on Vdexproject.net