Christmas contest results 2011

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
Siegj
Queen Bear

Christmas contest results 2011

Post by Siegj »

[center]Christmas contest results 2011[/center][/b]

Hi everyone!

Here are the results of the Christmas contest 2011.
We had a hard time deciding whether we would disqualify everyone who didn’t follow the rules or not. We decided to disqualify everyone who didn’t follow the rules completely because it wouldn’t be fair otherwise for people who are disqualified.
Just like the past contest we judged the songs and cards separately. It’s fair for everyone and easier for us to judge the entries.

For the Christmas cards we looked especially at the originality of the cards, the effort you have put in to them and whether they had something to do with VA or not.
For the songs we were severe on the content of the song. We really wanted to see all elements that we had put forward in the beginning. Next to that, we also judged on the fact whether the text fit to the song or not and whether they were your own words or not.

For the next contest I have advice for everyone. Please read the rules carefully and try to follow them as much as possible. We had to disqualify a lot of great entries and that made us sad.

That being said, the prizes will be given out in the following order;
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Qualified – normal Hollyday Wooper
Good – normal Hollyday Wooper + Rudolph Shaymin
Best – normal Hollyday Wooper + Rudolph Shaymin + shiny Hollyday Wooper

And now the results!

These members will be receiving a normal Hollyday Wooper:
Spoiler:
Tomoaki
Pato361
_EmmO_
Flamaij
XxEvil-ChanxX
Ecco
ToxicTosh
Ine The Firewalker
Tea_and_Fairies
Loveless22
Rakdos
Alooka
Strohhut-Robin
Core
Neo
Sennyo
Niobe1987
MewMisaki
cloud-chan
Kaze
blue4nic
Shadow Blast
katon50
8eevees
nicknoord
Hexenmeister
shinyreshiram13
ajatus
PokeTrade
divinesin
Khalid1234
These members will be receiving a normal Hollyday Wooper and a Rudolph Shaymin:
Spoiler:
Bloodangel
jeanne_darc
Baka-tan
Red Senpai
Leafeon
kajalmonsta
mauwie
archiza
microchioptera
Lunchen
AshtrayHeart
Bastet
Taja
Curan
Asamoto Soshi
Corvo
Midnight-sun
KopierKatze
Golden Flygon
Haileo
a_j_nightingale
neopetsgirl
Azahlea
TsukiKitsune
Sir Auron
sethless
BvVeen
luluna
Corvus
Ginta
These members will be receiving a normal Hollyday Wooper, Rudolph Shaymin and a shiny Hollyday Wooper:
Spoiler:
Papilusion
Ryou_Kimura
Miggyway
Meme
a-chan
leuchtmorgel
Hijikata
Requiem
Ramu
Limashi
SokkaChan
Chaos_Katze
GreenBerry
Su-licious
greywizard2006
Nanashi
BlackMistress
T-Bebi
Ellie
Tentakelmonster
Ray74
drapek
Hlyda
BlackViper
Cyrrior
Members who couldn’t find their name on the list can see here what went wrong:
Spoiler:
Demonking - Didn't mention VA on the name card
Noema - Added her name digitally
Hayami - Didn't mention VA on the name card
Shinieaurum - no inside of the card
LucianoKocha - Didn't mention VA on the name card
Marsbar2 - No inside of the card
Hayami - Didn't mention VA on the name card
MelanieAddams - Didn't mention VA on the name card
Yumi-Yosei - Didn't mention VA on the name card
Ryo - Used brushes - Not own art
DeidaraEmoArtist - Didn't mention VA on name card
RaveApe - No name card
Alexandredias1234 - Only 1 card and no name tag
Deidei-chan - Arttheft
ninja tommy21 - Only 1 card
GreenPinguin - No name card
BebiiYunii - No name card and no explanation
Etikun - Didn't show the inside of the cards
Inuyashagirl521 - Couldn't see the entry
Munchlax2003 - No name card
Eminos - No name card
Rayquza - Didn't mention the receiver of the card
Riesa - Didn't mention an explanation
Blackfox138 - didn't mention VA
J3eYzaDe - Plagiarism - not your work
Kittykato - Poem not a song
5starr - Not a song - only put the changed parts of the song not the whole song
Azahlea - Didn't mention anything related to VA
BirchFlame - Didn't mention anything related to VA
Lady - Didn't mention anything related to VA
Shay - Didn't mention anything related to VA
MitsukiAizaka - didn't mention anything related to VA
Ima yaruka - didn't mention anything related to VA
Danny Croft - didn't mention anything related to VA
Strawberry Crescent - nothing with VA in it
KillingRomance - no song and no Va in text
If you still didn’t see your name, please contact us as soon as possible so we can figure out why you aren’t on the list.

We would like to thank all the participants for their effort and great entries and we hope to see you back in a next contest!

We would also like to thank the staff for their opinion and Nautilus, UkeSora, stefanol and yankeesrule3526 who make these contests possible!

The prizes will be distributed as soon as possible, so please be patient.
Adoptable
[center]Siegj's Trade StationImage[/center]
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Re: Christmas contest results 2011

Post by mauwie »

Awesome, thank you Siegy ^^
And the rest of the judges <3
Adoptable
TsukiKitsune

Post by TsukiKitsune »

thank you ^^ i already know what im going to name my wooper and Shaymin
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

It's sad to see how many people got disqualified, especially if I have to think of how much time, effort and maybe even money some of them put into their entries...

But well, thanks for posting the results :)
I collect: Steenee, Lurantis, Passimian, Dragonair, Mareep, Gardevoir,
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
Ryou_Kimura
Daisuki Bruno-Chan

Post by Ryou_Kimura »

congratz to all winners

i'm stll surprised i'm in the best category. i was never sure of that. my card looks so...normal.
Main Collections: Sandshrew, Chatot, Lucario, Shellos (blue), Corviknight
Side Collections: Girafarig, Swablu, Joltik, Minccino, Skiddo, Snom
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

hum.
First of all congrats to everybody who won something... and I'm happy that you liked my entry enough to put it in the top category, thanks a lot for that.
BUT.. at the same time I'm really disappointed with the judging this time.
It's really great that you took the time to explain why some users aren't on the list, but I'm kind of angry because so many users were disqualified with "Didn't mention VA on the name card" as a reason.

I mean... I understand that we have rules and that you have to follow the rules when joining a contest... but come on! Those people made some great entries, spent a lot of time on it AND they put their name on it!
I can understand that entries with no name get disqualified because of the possibilty of art theft, but... I don't know.. If there is a christmas card with pokemon on the picture... a text refearing some VA-users.. and the nickname of the user that posted that picture on a piece of paper I think that should REALLY be enough to let those users get a prize too.
It's not like you can find a "pokemon christmas card for <ABC> and <DEF> + a piece of paper with the name <GHI> and as a funny coincidence ABC and DEF are users on virutadopt too! And your VA-name is GHI!"-picture somewhere on the internet and upload it as your own.
So.. yeah... I doubt that anyone of those who had their names on their entries stole it... and as far as I understood the "put your name/VA on it"-rule it was originally created exactly for that.
Bloodangel
Vampire of Darkness

Post by Bloodangel »

congratz to all winners
and a big thanks to
Nautilus, UkeSora, stefanol, yankeesrule3526 and Siegj_x, Dustydragon
Hijikata

Post by Hijikata »

... I somehow can't believe that I ranked that good, thank you XD
Congratz to the other winners also! ^^

And it's sad to see that so many people are disqualified, especially because there were some really good entries :(
Siegj
Queen Bear

Post by Siegj »

Thank you everyone for your opinion!

AshtrayHeart, Cyrrior, Hijikata, first of all I understand your feelings. I also thought it was sad to disqualify all those members and yes, some entries were really awesome.

I talked with Dusty about it and we came to the conclusion that rules excist to be followed. If we wouldn't have disqualified those people, members might have said that it wasn't fair to dsq people for other reasons because those people were also not dsq. And they would have been 100% in their right.

By doing this, I just hope that I don't have to dsq people for that reason anymore in the future. That's also why I published the reason for dsq. Not to embarassing those people, but to help them with their next entry.

I also think it's really sad that we had to dsq so many people, but rules are rules, I'm sorry.
Adoptable
Ellie
HBIC

Post by Ellie »

i wasnt expecting my prize but i'm definitely happy with it. gooooooo kesha!!

as for the amount of people being dq'd, i fully support the judges' decision. it was CLEARLY in the rules that you needed to mention virtuadopt, and it's your own fault if you didn't. yes, it sucks for the people who put in a lot of effort and forgot it, but if they didn't pay attention to the rules it's no one's fault but their own. and if we bent the rules for this circumstance, then why shouldn't we bend it for people breaking other rules too? it's not fair to those who did follow the rules.
Spoiler:
Please click box 1 & sig!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Trading Box 13 for Clefairy/Easter Exeggcute/Xmas Sudowoodo
Trade
Yarold's
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

Siegj_x, hm.. yeah, I understand that... But I just think it's really sad because those users followed all the other (important) rules, made great entries.. and now got disqualified just because of something completly unimportant.. (or at least it seems unimportant for me as I don't see a great difference between having a "virtuadopt" next to your name or not)
So... I don't know. I understand why you had to decide this way but I'm still not happy with it... and I'm really sorry for all those good entires (like the one of hayami that you mentioned).
Blackfox138

Post by Blackfox138 »

Kinda sad to see my name in the DQ list. I thought that having mine and TheBestPerson's (who the cards were intended for) collection VAs and mentioning it in the description was enough to relate it to VA.

Congratz to everyone else though.

EDIT: Hmmm.... Just re-read the rules. That's a new one, requiring Virtuadopt to be on the same paper as your Username. Entered two other contests and just name worked both times. Wish I had re-read everything before submitting.
Last edited by Blackfox138 on January 8th, 2012, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Ray74
Liirah's Butterfly

Post by Ray74 »

Cyrrior, i agree with you

Allthough Hayami got disqualified, for us, who the card was made for, it was the best card in the contest. We're really sad, that nobody from us saw the little mistake...but she hasn't made it for nothing, because we really love this card. <3
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

Blackfox138, I think it was always part of the rules to show your username + virtuadopt on your entry, but it was never judged that strictly.
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
Blackfox138

Post by Blackfox138 »

AshtrayHeart,

Halloween
Spoiler:
1. The entry has to be Halloween/Fall and Pokémon/ VirtuAdopt related.
2. All art you use has to be especially created by yourself.
You are allowed to use official Pokémon or VirtuAdopt artworks.
3. Any photo you take has to include your VA nickname on the actual photo.
4. If you get banned during the contest, your entry won't be judged.
5. You may only have one entry.
6. Please upload your photos to an image server such as
Imageshack, Tinypic or Photobucket and post the link or image in the entry thread.
and Summer
Spoiler:
1) The entry must relate to summer and Pokemon/Virtuadopt in some way. If I can't see how it relates then you won't qualify.
2) Any art form (including sprites, banners, etc) must be created 100% by you or using official images only! Official images include stock art, game sprites, brushes that come with the program by default, etc. You may also use VA art or sprites for the purpose of this contest, though they are not normally free-to-use. This includes any part of your project, such as sprites on a trainer card or brushes on a banner. Anyone who uses any art that does not fit one of those two categories will not only be banned from the contest but could end up banned from the website. If you aren't sure whether something counts as official, ask me!
3) Any photos you take must include your name and Viruadopt somewhere in the photo. It can't be digitally added afterwards; it must be somewhere in the actual photo.
4) Writing-related entries must be approximately between 500-1500 words. I will be somewhat lenient but too much over or under will disqualify you.
5) If you have been banned from the forums at any point during the duration of the contest, you will not be allowed to enter.
6) You may only have one entry. Obviously you can do different things while planning your entry, but your final entry must be a single product. If it is a photo, you may have multiple angles, or if it is an art project you can have multiple stages of development, as long as they all represent the same thing.
and Easter
Spoiler:
For this contest, we obviously want you to make food, but anything edible is allowed as long as you’ve put work in to it.
Every photo MUST contain a bit of paper with your username handwritten on it. Adding the text later using any editing software is not allowed.

The rules are simple,
1. All general rules apply.
2. Your food/edibles need to be Pokémon themed.
3. The paper with your username has to be there.
4. It would be good if the entry was Easter themed, but it's not a necessity.

It's a new rule or I'm blind and can't see it.

EDIT: I am blind, I see it in the Summer one, must include your name and Viruadopt. Kind of weird to have it show up as a rule only sometimes though...

DOUBLE EDIT: Also see it in last year's winter
Spoiler:
In the photo, you need to have your project and your forum username and "Virtuadopt" somewhere physically in the picture, meaning not added in later on photoshop or something. You must have a piece of paper or something else saying your name/virtuadopt actually in the photo when you take it.
Last edited by Blackfox138 on January 8th, 2012, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siegj
Queen Bear

Post by Siegj »

Cyrrior, Ray74, yes I understand that. But just like Ellie told we had to decide this way, because it wouldn't be fair otherwise for other people.

Hmm I also appreciate it Ray74 that you also looked at the cards that people made and not only care about the prizes. In my eyes those cards are a way bigger prize to receive. :)

But again, I do understand your feelings.

Blackfox138, That is because it's always another person who made up the rules. That person decides what the rules are in the contest..
Adoptable
Flamaij
τнє вurηιηg ғℓαмє

Post by Flamaij »

Blackfox138, well, for Summer there is the difference that "Virtuadopt" has to be next to the Username.

It's really a pity for all the disqualified users. :(

But nontheless, thanks for the results and to everyone who made this contest possible.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

Blackfox138, well, this time there were other jurors, in the past Ellie or UkeSora hold the contests, so maybe there were judging a bit different.

Ashy's Tradestation
Xiah
queen of old times

Post by Xiah »

I'm very sorry for all dsq users D:
hayami
Purple Cat

Post by hayami »

I'm okay with the results. No, actually I'm quite happy with the results! :)

It's my own fault that I got disqualified and it was the right decision. I'm angry at myself, that I forgot to put those little letters next to my username! x.x"
But then again, I made it for some lovely users and not only for the prizes. I'm really happy that they liked it. ^^
That's a better prize to me (thank you my dears)! :3
AdoptableAdoptableImageAdoptableAdoptable