Miscellaneous updates. Read!

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.

Do you want to block feeding of multiple Virtuadopts at the same time?

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 575
stefanol
soul supreme+

Re: Miscellaneous updates. Read!

Post by stefanol »

Well that's why I plan to add another link to PC, specifically for external Click Exchanges - gain level, don't gain money nor promos by clicking the link.
ImageAdoptable
Sayumi
• All good things to those who wait. ✿

Post by Sayumi »

Kai wrote:You are curious, Sayumi? I'm a person who uses FF addons to "click" the pets. (I have stopped doing it pretty much, though; once I realized how unfair it was. Though I did it the last couple days for my own pets. >.< -shot-) Not often, but still do. I'm lazy. =P Though, I'm glad things will be balanced and more fair. It doesn't take that long for me to actually "click" the pets. Meaning, double clicking... so I actually feed it. If you know what I mean. XD So, I like this. =] -doesn't have much to say-

And, of course, I'm curious for who did that script thing or whatever; but, then again, I don't want to know. And as you just said, you won't name names. =]
Don't get me wrong. I didn't want to know it because of the fact that I would have liked to tell "HAHAH YOU'RE BAD YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG". ^^ I'm just a curious person for no other reason. I even think MOST of the people using such tricks don't really realize that what they to isn't that good. (bad sentence o0).

Anyway. ^^ /sign for the "confirm"-button-thingy. That'll be the best atm I think.
Tradestation
Inoff. Helper: german, french & english
Image Image
Ellie
HBIC

Post by Ellie »

I think having a special click exchange link is a good compromise. I don't use Yarold's or any similar sites, but apparently a lot of people here do, and it's nice that they won't get shafted in this. Hehe I'm just looking forward to easier money since it's such a pain right now ;)
Spoiler:
Please click box 1 & sig!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Trading Box 13 for Clefairy/Easter Exeggcute/Xmas Sudowoodo
Trade
Yarold's
Venomoth
Trusted Trader

Post by Venomoth »

Yeah, easier money would be good. Makes the hassle for stones less difficult.
Adoptable
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Okay, the feed links in the first post lead to new double-step-feed system. There are still some minor bugs to fix in it though, but it will look similiar.
ImageAdoptable
The Mizz

Post by The Mizz »

That is a lot better than only being able to feed on at a time. Thanks stef. :)
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Well with double-step, you still can't feed more than one at a time - otherwise, it would be still vulnerable to iframes method.... and partially to ff plugin one.
ImageAdoptable
The Mizz

Post by The Mizz »

Well can't you still open up multiple tabs but now you would have to go through each one and click the second link to fee them?
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Theoretically yes, practically I can already think of at least three ways to cheat that system.
ImageAdoptable
Shahnaynay

Post by Shahnaynay »

Noooo, Stef, why must you turn this into something like pokeplushies!? It is already hard to gain cash, this is like impossible. So waht if people open 1000's of tabs, thats their choice, anyone can do it.

sorry, I'm just a little scare that this will turn virtuadopt into something like pokeplushies, with two step feeding that most everyone hates. I guess this will be alright when the new CE comes into play, but until that... Owch.

EDIT: Oh, I',m not afraid of the two step clicking, its the no two level links open at once thing. I'm fine with the two step clicking, that is fun.
The Mizz

Post by The Mizz »

I feel that right now it is very easy to gain cash. Most people are just really lazy and want to gain money every second (exaggeration). Adding a confirmation click before leveling is fine with me.
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Shahnaynay: you really dont get the point, do you?
So waht if people open 1000's of tabs, thats their choice, anyone can do it.
Well yes. But the whole cash system was intended to be award for people working for it. If you can get 5000$ with 5 clicks (which is possible with current system), what is that award for? For "smartness"? nonsense. I can raise the prices, but for the people that actually do it the right way, it is just another thing to complain on.

What about promos awarded for clicking certain amount of virtuadopts? Do you really want the GTS to be flooded with tons of such promos, gained with such easiness?

I don't want to get into technical aspect of the new system - the point is I can either make it two-stepped, and one-at-time, and this way it is protected against almost all system-abusing actions; or I can allow clicking more than one, but keeping the two-step - but that way the system will be protected from abusal only until someone will find a way to bypass the protection (which is not too hard).

When I started VA, I really liked one-step much more than the PP-style feeding. I knew that if you would just be on forum, and click randomly links, it wouldn't get you too bored, and bring money in not so big amount of time. Problem started with users using "helpers". Don't ask why I care if some people may earn money so easily - if I would not care at all about the difficulty, I would just remove all the eggs, and just allow you to choose any Pokemon from the list, to turn it into Virtuadopt. Easy, no effort needed, and everyone have equal chances.
ImageAdoptable
Shahnaynay

Post by Shahnaynay »

Well, I guess, but if there if you can only have one tab open of leveling, thats bad. I like it the way it is on DNA, not pokeplushies, if you understand. DNA has a confirmation page, and you can open more than one tab at a time. Pokeplushies has one tab at a time, and a confirmation page. Sorry for overreacting before.

EDIT: Just saw stef's post. I didn't know that there was going to be stat-awarded promos, I get it now.
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Well that certainly is something I wanted to do.
With current system it makes no sense, as people can get it in 10 seconds from making an announcement.

I will check if DNAdopts are vulnerable to what I think of :) If it is not, I will investigate it further.

//well it is protected, therefore, I may do it similiar way :)
ImageAdoptable
Shahnaynay

Post by Shahnaynay »

K, thank you for eing open-minded, and listening to members :)
Tsukasa

Post by Tsukasa »

5. Blocking of feeding multiple VAs at once. Also, because of the same reason as earlier, I am considering blocking feeding multiple Virtuadopts at once, still keeping one-stepped feeding. Your opinion counts though, so if most of the people will be against it, I will not change the current system. Keep in mind, that with the current system, some people may gain advantage with outside scripts/bots/plugins/bookmarks, and gain in a while tons of money, while people playing fair would still have to work hard. Why not make chances more equal for everyone?

It seems peoples opinions don't really matter seeing as 80% of the votes say not to change it, yet you're changing it anyway.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
The Mizz

Post by The Mizz »

Tsukasa wrote: It seems peoples opinions don't really matter seeing as 80% of the votes say not to change it, yet you're changing it anyway.
The 80% are greedy and lazy so their votes don't count. :D
DGee

Post by DGee »

I think that the 1 click levelup system is good, but as well all know, some people will take advantage of it, which spolis it for those who are happy to sit there and level up their own and other peoples adoptables one by one, earning the money and slowly hatching the eggs....

So, now the 1 click levelups are being abolished, which is the only logical and fair thing to do to stop VA from becoming a game that can be completed in a few days, and considering all the work that Stef continues to put into VA, its not hard to see why the staff here will do what they have to to stop that from happening....however once the click exchange is up and running, the 2 click levelups from sigs and profiles wont matter as we will all earn our levels via the same source.....
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Chaosninja: That was before people started to abuse it on bigger scale ;) Plus, indeed, most people voted No just because they want to earn everything asap.... it should not be that way.

I try to do everything, to make users feel good, and in the same time keep game equal for everyone. Changing feed system is a hard decision, still I think it is necessary.

I made another revision of feed system. You can now open as many tabs as you want, but you need to confirm it anyway. This solution is quite good for my needs - as it blocks most of unwanted actions.
ImageAdoptable
Shahnaynay

Post by Shahnaynay »

Thank you Stef, I see you've looked into the DNAdopt system?