Looking for Moderators

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
Comet

Re: Looking for Moderators

Post by Comet »

Username: Comet
Your timezone: Eastern Standard Time
Why do you want to be a staff here? Apart from the fact that I'm absolutely in love with this site and am addicted to pokemon? Well, due to my quiet contemplative nature, I have developed diplomacy skills with the ability as needed, to debate the pros and cons of an issue while bringing people together. I believe that this ability to consider others perspectives, matched with my generally happy go lucky attitude (but yes, I can be serious), will assist me in relating as a moderator.
Any experience in modding? No, I have not had any previous experience modding but I have always wanted and would be very willing to learn. I am already great with computers so I'm sure you wouldn't have to teach me too much ;) .
Any additional profits? Well, usually forms for this sort of thing ask, "How do you define leadership?" And I'm a little too used to that, so I'll go ahead and answer it.
Leaders do research and planning in order to guide people to take actions that will have a positive effect on their internet (and physical) community, ect. You might, as a leader, need to research and come up with ideas to create and effect a change, thus not creating a bigger problem. A good leader should be confident, but not obnoxious. You must have a positive attitude, and make a strong attempt to make friends, or at least be friendly towards everyone you meet, even those you are not particularly fond of. Leadership to me is about applying yourself to not only do what is best for YOU and your internet community, but lead others to do the same in a reasonable fashion. I will do my best as a mod and work to further better myself as a leader even if I don't receive the position.
If you can, please spare a click for a few of my squibys!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Username: Kuron
Your timezone: Denmark +1
Why do you want to be a staff here? I really like this site, and I want this site to become much better without the SPAM.
Any experience in modding? I had my own forum few years ago, but I closed it, because the it was inactiv.
Any additional profits? Not really. XD
Adoptable
pokefan k

Post by pokefan k »

Username: pokefan k
Your timezone:Eastern
Why do you want to be a staff here?Because i like to solve problems and i'm on here everyday and night and sometimes in the afternoon!
Any experience in modding?yes! i mod a clan and another website but i would like to mod here.
Any additional profits? um, i don't think so.
AdoptableAdoptable
Darkwargreymon

Post by Darkwargreymon »

Username: Darkwargreymon
Your timezone:EST
Why do you want to be a staff here? Because I want to be apart of this growing site!
Any experience in modding? No.... but thats how we get experience
Any additional profits? I'm starting to go on all the time... including school
ImageImage

I'm the Typhlosion KING! Pick Soul Silver for your next pokemon game!
Images from Tyranitar!
wolfman2500

Post by wolfman2500 »

Username:wolfman2500
Your timezone:-6 Mexico
Why do you want to be a staff here? mmm, I have lots of free time, and I like to help to other peoples ^^
Any experience in modding? no, this (if you want) is my first time
Any additional profits?: mmm, nah nothing
I'm looking for a Shiny Charmander (or evolution), I'll give my whole dex for it
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Help them to be in the Top 3
Articuno

Post by Articuno »

Username:Articuno
Your timezone:Central
Why do you want to be a staff here?It would be nice to moderate this site
Any experience in modding?I've been a mod on alot of forums and chats.
Any additional profits:I am very trustworthy and i would be a good moderator.
Please only click my Box 1 Pokes
If you click my pokes i will click yours ;D
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Sheldon

Post by Sheldon »

Username: Miyuki
Your timezone: UTC + 1 hour
Why do you want to be a staff here? because I really like this site and I will help avoid spam, or other matters which go against the rules because it saddens me to see if other people have to suffer when others failed to regulate against
Any experience in modding? Yes, I have my own forum, and I'm also a moderator in some other forums.
Any additional profits: I'm always online when I have time
Last edited by Sheldon on March 22nd, 2011, 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Don't you hear the voices inside your head?
Darksaphira

Post by Darksaphira »

Username: Darksaphira
Your timezone: UTC+1
Why do you want to be a staff here? I want to be an Staff member here, because i think this is an really good site, and i would be happy to help here. Even if we have some really good mods here i think some help will be needed everytime rigth? I would like to help stop spamming^^
Any experience in modding? uhm...no...not really
Any additional profits? i am only here every day after school, and if i have some free time during school i am here too^^
Box 9 is my Tradebox, if you want something pm me
Sig made by Lucky Lugia
Green

Post by Green »

Username: Green
Your timezone: Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5)
Why do you want to be a staff here? Because I've been at VA for a while and have decided to come back after taking a long needed break.
Any experience in modding? Yes, I've modded a few sites before and can be really fair and strict against those that need to be...well...modded.
Any additional profits? I have some art skill but haven't practiced recently. I can help those in the VA community. I'm calm usually so I can take things slowly and do them fairly as a mod. I have a life so I'm not a complete rule zombie. I know most of the rules at VA. Also, I'm not a mod who would "spek liek tis wen trying 2 setle someting".

I'm sorry I forgot to type this before.
I have experience with computers and can do some coding if needed. HTML, some javascript, but really nothing else. I'm currently learning some more.

Thanks.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable

Image<-- I made this :)
firelugia

Post by firelugia »

Username:firelugia
Your timezone:EST (eastern standard time)
Why do you want to be a staff here? Because... wel... uh... :| I guess because I'm always being overlooked and... maybe... just once... someone (who isnt a 3-year old annoying boy) would look up to me...
Any experience in modding? No, not really.
Any additional profits?I have no life, so I'll be on here 24/7
My PesterChum/TinyChum is draconianGodwrath, but I also do canon-playing.
Neo
Chocolate Junkie

Post by Neo »

Username: Neo
Your timezone: CET (Central European Time)
Why do you want to be a staff here?
I joined this site more than a year ago and I really like clicking and adopting VAs.
Since I have enough time for additional activities I really want to become a mod here.
I like finding new ideas to make this game even better =)
Virtuadopt gains members and every day the forum gets more and more posts so I think I would be a great help =)
Any experience in modding?
i think it was 2 years ago. I created forums for interest groups. all together I managed about 4 or 5 forums (only one of them as mod and not as an admin) The biggest forum had about 700 members..
I also work together with a friend on a Pokemon website, it's still private but it grows ^^Any additional profits?
As already mentioned I know how to handle usual forums.
Then I know the rules here, what makes helping or warning other users very easy.
Since I know this site for a long time now I can help users with answering questions or explain things and stuff..
English is not my first language but I understand every english word here so far and I understand the german speaking users as well. A big part of all users is from germany so this would be also very useful.
I have much time left after school so I can stay online for a longer time if needed. I'm also very creative (; I think it would be fun to start an own Contest here on VA and find a nice topic.

so, this is why I would be a good moderator =D
Edited: cause I still want to become a mod =D
Last edited by Neo on October 2nd, 2010, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
xshadow11x

Post by xshadow11x »

Username:xshadow11x
Your timezone: Eastern (U.S.)
Why do you want to be a staff here?Because I'm a great worker and I know how to do my job accurately. I can get on all the time because I have a lot of free time. I love this site and I go nuts if I can't get on for even one day.
Any experience in modding?Yes, tons. I also help out and own a few sites on Webs and I get on every day, usually more that once, to see what needs to be done and get it done.
Any additional profits?I'm pretty good at anime drawing, I love to write and am a hard worker. You can put me to good use.
Lost in a sea of darkness
Will its reign ever cease?
A wave of completion crashes over me
But is swept back out again
Dynamic apogee feeling rushes through me veins
Brilliant crimson beating rapidly throughout my body
So confused so secluded so content...
Azrah
Location: In South Park, Colorado going crazy for this one guy and we all know who that is *wink*

Post by Azrah »

Username: Azrah
Your timezone:Eastern (U.S.)
Why do you want to be a staff here? Because I like sites that have adoptables. I'm mostly here when I have some spare time which I mostly do.
Any experience in modding? Well I go on pokeplushies and Im not really a mod but I seen how other mods to there job and I learn alot from them. I see how they help other members out with there problem and I feel like more confendent and I know I can help out.
Any additional profits? I pretty much know more about the site and what's in it. If anybody needs help on a certain thing such as where to go to the pokemon center and other, I know where it's at.
Jackjo12

Post by Jackjo12 »

Username: Jackjo12
Your timezone: -GMT
Why do you want to be a staff here? I think It would be fun and also challenging, I'm also here ALOT (All night I suppose) Plus Im homeschooled so I have spare time on my hands..
Any experience in modding? mhm.. not that I know of xD
Any additional profits? I have access to other forums/sites and I can get people to try this out,
I'm also a fairly good writer xD .

(I know I haven't been here long.. but it would be great to be a Mod)
^^'
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
megapokemon3

Post by megapokemon3 »

Username:
Your timezone: i think its EST+ or GMT
Why do you want to be a staff here?because i love helping out on the internet people ask me questions sometimes and i answer happily to their questions
Any experience in modding? on 1 website with 14 members
Any additional profits? im preaty good at art i love helping and im on almost every day :) well when it gets to the 26th ill not be on till the 2-3rd which sucks :/ and im online more cause im homeschooled :D
;) I love Eevees ^_^
.*~#DeviantART // Photobucket#~*.

.*~#Art Shop#~*.
Leafeon

Post by Leafeon »

Username:Sora-chan
Your timezone: GMT +1
Why do you want to be a staff here?
Because in Forum like the "Click Forum Thread" are many peples woh lies, when they says, that they have click others. Or in many other forums the people say bad things to othe users.
There are many other reasons, but this are the two of them I want to stop.
Any experience in modding?
No, but I can learn it.
Any additional profits?
I love to art. :) Also I can help new Users. I can explain them all this.
I will hear the problems from all users and look to find a way that all liked.
Please pm me if you would like to trade a pokemon from my trade boxes :3
My DeviantArt~ <3
catman9222

Post by catman9222 »

Catman
17 (18 in august)
US central (in america!)
To g4in m4d 5killz
I've seen 2 mods do thier jobs (aka do nothing (FEEF, CO))
I can sprite(battle sprites)and i'm a pokemon know-it-all(up to 3rd gen, no DS)
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
ImageImage
mewthewerecat
Location: Lurking in your closet at night when you are all alone.....

Post by mewthewerecat »

I bet this is over already...XD

Username: mewthewerecat
Your timezone: USA eastern
Why do you want to be a staff here? Because I care, I'm active, and I'd like to help poeple in more ways than I can now.
Any experience in modding? I mod the PFC and a few roleplays. I also m0d my sister. XD
Any additional profits? Um...well no...
Scarlet Tears

Post by Scarlet Tears »

Username: Power of pokemon
Your timezone: GMT
Why do you want to be a staff here? I love the website and being a member of staff would be a dream come true.
Any experience in modding? Well, I did used to own my own website. But I gave it up to join this one!
Any additional profits? I am good when it comes to making fancy banners and pictures using GIMP.
Viper_Support25

Post by Viper_Support25 »

Username: Viper_Support25
Your timezone: GMT -4
Why do you want to be a staff here? I really LOVE this site. Its really cool. I love the idea of raising pokemon like the game.
Any experience in modding? I have 2 forum's on which I am an admin.
Any additional profits? I can promote this site on my forum. Already alot of people from my forum are here. Ex: MewMyuu and halomaster. I will not advertise my forum here, I promise.