Looking for Moderators

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
loly27

Re: Looking for Moderators

Post by loly27 »

Username: loly27
Age: 11 (Lots of people say I'm mature for my age, though ._.)
Your timezone: HK
Why do you want to be a staff here? I've come to love this site, and try to spend as much time on here as I possibly can. I'd love to help out.
Any experience in modding? No, not really.
Any additional profits? I am able to draw, and can do drawing animations which take an incredibly long time.
Cheers~
Liirah
Shark Prince

Post by Liirah »

Since the newer, second thread was deleted due to the crash, I'm going to post my application again in this thread. :>

[center]Username:
Liirah

Your timezone:
UTC +1

Why do you want to be a staff here?
'cause I think I'd be a good mod. This may sound a bit self-opinionated but I think that's how it is.
I know a lot about Pokémon in general and I know this site like the back of my hand.
Well, I don't only know this site quite good I even love it.
I like to help others with their problems. Whatever this problems may look like
I always try to solve them - I can be reeeally patient and stubborn ;} - and love to see people being happy again.

Any experience in modding?
Well, I was and I still am an admin of a few smaller groups on other websites - so yes, kinda.
Nothing big like this job would be, though. But I feel up to the job. :>

Any additional profits?
Pff, nothing that's important for now, I guess.
I have always fun in drawing Pokémon but we definitely have two adorable artists here,
so I guess this isn't necessary (especially since I'm not as good as they are). ;P[/center]
ImageImageImageImageImage
KopierKatze
La vie en rose.

Post by KopierKatze »

As Liirah did already, I will repost my application, too.
In the hope that someone will read it and might consider it attentively. ^^

Username:
KopierKatze

Your timezone:
UTC +1

That's easy, because I love this page and I would make a great Moderator.
I am here almost all the time and I really want to help.
Another reason is that I'd love to help new User's, I'm already doing so,
but as a Moderator I'd look more serious.
Furthermore I am concerned about the actual situation on the site
and I want to help creating a more comfortable atmosphere. c:

Yes, I've already been Mod on some other Pokemon pages
and I've always been known for being neutral in each situation.
I am good at smoothing down differences as well.
There weren't so many Users though, but this won't be a big difference.

Any additional profits?
Some knowledge about traditional and digital arts,
not enough experience for doing artworks, but enough to do some pixel work.
Besides that I know a lot about Pokemon and Virtuadopt in general.

Thanks for your attention!
Last edited by KopierKatze on March 27th, 2012, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpoonyBard
† fool †

Post by SpoonyBard »

Username:
SpoonyBard
Your timezone:
UTC + 1

Well, I´ve been thinking about posting a candidature a long time ago and now I´ve made the decicion to give it a try. Virtuadopt is very close to my heart, I´ve joined over 2 years ago and experienced many ups and downs together with it and its community. I don´t want to miss it anymore cause I´ve formed so many friendships and I´m still having fun here. So I want to share some of this experience with other, newer users as well, because I think everybody should have the chance to get into the act. Of course only if they abide the rules, which is a very important point for me, cause they were made for everyone so the community won´t fall apart. But, you see, there are and will always be some newbies which need some guide to take their first steps on VA and I really want to help them. I doesn´t make any difference to me where they come from which gender or how old they are, as long as they stick to the rules and are friendly, I welcome everybody. Even if they bombard me with questions, I´ll friendly answer them all :)

I have been able to collect experiences as a Mod and Super-Mod for over 8 years now, starting with a neat swiss Pokémon-Forum, which sadly isn´t that active anymore. Nowadays, I´m a Super-Mod in one of the biggest german Pokémon-Forums (which includes a Browser-Game with over 5600 users overall) and Admin in the chat of another big german Pokémon-Forum. In short, it seems like I´ve been cleaved to Pokémon XD

Any additional profits?
By all accounts, I´m very patient and friendly, even to new users,
which are sometimes not that easy to handle, as you may know.
I can be neutral to everyone, even to my best friends.
If worst comes to worst, everyone is equal to me and I treat them fair and righteous, just like a Superior should behave.
As you can see, I´m not that new to Virtuadpt, since I´ve been here over 2 years,
so I know a lot about the site~
I´ve got some experience in using Photoshop and I can edit pictures fast and efficient.
Nontheless, making Artworks for the site is still reserved for the Artists, they´re make their job great :)
I´ve been playing Pokémon since Red/Blue came out,
so I can say I know kinda everything about the little monsters ;)

So, if you consider that I could be just the right one to take part in the staff, I would be really thankful and do my job as best as I can.
Sincere regards :)
AdoptableImageImage
My trade topic
Lasoon

Post by Lasoon »

Username: Lasoon

Your timezone:

UTC/GMT +1 hour

Because this is an awesome site and i really like to help people with problems, and i can stay hours non-stop.

I hosted schools most-populairest site, and i was mod on other sites and games.

Any additional profits?
I have 5 years of experience with modding.
Kriz
Kongrefran

Post by Kongrefran »

Username: Kongrefran
Your timezone: South East
Why do you want to be a staff here? Because i would love to help this site, plus it's really the only one i use.
Any experience in modding? On PokeCommunity
Any additional profits? I can draw pretty well, i designed a few backgrounds on PokeCommunity.
I would very much appreciate it if you fed my VA's, and other clickables :)
Spoiler for Clickables:
Adoptable Adoptable AdoptableImageAdoptable
My egg hatched into Buizel :lol:

Please go to my mini city :) http://tycoon-island.myminicity.com
Francikiko

Post by Francikiko »

Username: Francikiko
Your timezone: UTC/GMT -3 hours
Why do you want to be a staff here? Because stefanol needs help around the site, I guess? And because I am patient and have plenty of free time every day, I'm able to stay on for a lot every day. Also, it could be a useful experience.
Any experience in modding? Not quite :/
Any additional profits?
*I've been around here for over 1 year
*I know everything about the site
*I can speak 4 different languages (this could come in handy if some user doesn't speak English good)
*I know everything about Pokèmon
*I am able to handle various types of situations
*I'm kind of a "lawyer-in-training", I'm good at words
*May be able to draw a bunch of different Pokèmon
ImageImage
InfinityDevin

Post by InfinityDevin »

Username: InfinityDevin
Your timezone: China (+08:00)- China Time (CST)
Why do you want to be a staff here? This forum is full of friendly people, it's a great community for people who like pokemon of all ages, and the developing progress seems very promising ;)
Any experience in modding? I have been founder of another forum with over 50 users before, but that was about 2 years ago. I have been a mod in a small chat room, but other than that, not much ^^'
Any additional profits? I am online a lot during what Americans would call night. I am generally popping in and out during a whole day in Shanghai here ^_^ I hope you take this into consideration!!!
Help level them please! I will be forever grateful if you give these guys a click in the VA click thread too!
ImageImageImage
Lugiafanatic

Post by Lugiafanatic »

(Is this still going on?)

Username: Lugiafanatic
Your timezone: New York Time
Why do you want to be a staff here? Seems like a cool site and I'd love to help out.
Any experience in modding?I've staffed one forum for more than a year and a half, working my way up from mod to become global mod, head mod, and then admin. I've also been a mod on another forum for about six months.
Any additional profits? Well, I have a fair bit of experience modding, and the person who owns the forum I staff has called me his best mod.
Redworthy

Post by Redworthy »

Username: Redworthy
Your timezone: GMT +10
Why do you want to be a staff here? I want to help keep this awesome community safe and fun!
Any experience in modding? Not really :/
Any additional profits? I'm on most of the time...
MY COLLECTION

EGGS
Adoptable
NORMAL POKEMON
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
LOOKING FOR:
Any shinys[/center]
piplup25

Post by piplup25 »

Username: piplup25
Your timezone: GMT +0 (Time in the UK to be more specific)
Why do you want to be a staff here? One reason has to be that i never come on Virtuadopts much and of course if i was to be a mod i would be commited to my job as a mod so that would make me online more often, secondly the site has a nice growing community and would always be happy to help in anyway to keep the community growing ;)
Any experience in modding? Not really, i have my own monthly raffle thread on Pokéfarm (if that counts (just a monthly raffle for people to win prizes each month))
Any additional profits? I do alot and i mean ALOT of art which is uploaded on to deviantArt, i also do alot of photography too! I am always on my laptop so would probably end up on Virtuadopts alot and i want to help the community grow into a huge healthy community where all the users are freindly with each other and where there is no fights/arguements on the forums! Lastly i will be either going to Sixth Form or College this September so i would have less time in the weekdays and weekends for Virtuadopts and any other site i visit frequently. 8)
CILAN IS MINE PEOPLES!! >8U

Pokémon that i am collecting:
Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Pikachu, Eevee, Victini, Oshawott, Snivy, Tepig, Emolga, Zorua, Dwebble!
Strawberry Crescent

Post by Strawberry Crescent »

Username: Strawberry Crescent
Your timezone: GMT
Why do you want to be a staff here? I love Pokemon and love collecting adoptables, would be awesome. I bring entertainment people and try my best to be active. As a moderator, I would help people and lock the necessary topics etc,
Any experience in modding? Yeah. I've been an admin a couple of times on different forums, including a Pokemon one and a moderator too many times to count.
Any additional profits? I can write a bit and make userbars.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
luluna
Location: used to be a eevee but when playing with a furret i got lost

Post by luluna »

Username: luluna
Your timezone:gmt +1 (parijs, brussels)
Why do you want to be a staff here? i like the concept og this game, the communty is very nica and it would be bad if it would be destroyed, and it would be a great experience
Any experience in modding? not yet ;)
Any additional profits? i speak French Dutch and English, and can write it to (not perfectly), spent 14 years talking and colllecting pokemon. i have only 6hours of class in university and i only go to 3 so im free all the rest
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Username: Whitey
Your timezone: GMT +2
Help my beloved community and gain some more experience on modding. Keeping it clean and safe is important for everyone.
1 year as a helper in Whimpsters which included a lot of dealing with spam bots.
Any additional profits?
I know how to use the phpBB panels quite well, even though I left for a long time I know what's going on with the game and the updates so I believe I will be able to help people without any problems, doind well with team work.
AdoptableAdoptable
Flamaij
τнє вurηιηg ғℓαмє

Post by Flamaij »

Username: Flamaij
Your timezone: GMT +1
Why do you want to be a staff here? This community looks as if it could need some help, and I'd love to be able to help as best as I can :)
Any experience in modding? Not on forums, but in chatrooms and pokémon ado pages which used to be quite popular when I was younger. I used to be admin on some pages, too.
Any additional profits? I can code in HTML and have a few basics in C++. Also, I have quite good knowledge about Pokémon and can speak and write English fluently. Also, I always manage to stay polite and not let my emotions control my choice of words.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mars

Post by Mars »

Username:
Mars
Your timezone:
GMT +2
First of all..I love VA and have been around here for quite a while, about 9 months (This is my second accou. I also know a lot about pokemon and i like helping others and ofc i will be patient >3<
No..I hope this doesnt change anything owo
Any additional profits?
As i said..i know a lot about Pokemon..I can also be patient and if i will ever become a mod I can change a be more..serious about this xD
ImageImageImage Image
AJ939

Post by AJ939 »

Username: AJ939
Your timezone: UTC-8 (pacific time)
Why do you want to be a staff here? This is a great website and a lot of fun for everyone. Iv'e been a member since Sept. '09 and I know the ins and outs of this website.
Any experience in modding? Not a huge amount, but i was co-admin of a pokemon website a few years ago, but it wasn't anything big.
Any additional profits? I'm on all the time and like I said, I've been an active member for years. I really think I can do this website good. Also, I'm studying to become a software engineer, so I'm pretty good with computers.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

- - - - -
Adoptable
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

Since everyone is going to apply now and my last post got lost due to the server crash last year I will give it a second try :>

Username: AshtrayHeart
Timezone: GMT+1
Why you want to be a mod: I'd like to help (new) users, if they got any problems with anything concerning this site. On the other hand I want to support the staff/community for example with ideas for improvement because I really love this site and I want to give something back in return for entertaining me so much and I think applying as a mod could be a good way to do so.
Experience Modding: Not much, I'm only a mod in a small Pokemon group on another online community and founder of a group on deviantArt so far but I'm quick at learning.
Additional talents that would help (digital art, coding, etc): Nothing really special. My English is quite good. I am familiar with the rules and how things are working here, so I can share my 'knowledge' especially with new users. As many other applicants I'm online mostly every day and often browsing the forum so I could represent 'normal' users and pass their ideas and wishes on to the rest of the staff (of course only if they seem to be important) because some users are just shy or think that their English is not good enough to suggest something on their own. Furthermore I'm quite and polite in contact with other users even if they got short-tempered. Well, and I’m creative and I've got passably drawing skills, even if Pokemon are not my specialty but maybe it can be an advantage for judging contests or something like that.
I collect: Steenee, Lurantis, Passimian, Dragonair, Mareep, Gardevoir,
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
Sonador

Post by Sonador »

Username: Sonador.
Your timezone: Pacific.
Why do you want to be a staff here? If someone needs help I'm willing to offer. Since this website seems to be in a tight spot, I'd love to lend a helping hand if possible.
Any experience in modding? Yes. I am the moderator of two small websites and have applied to be moderator in a larger sized website.
Any additional profits? I can write and draw a bit, but writing is my strong spot.

I'm only a day old on here, so I don't expect to get anything in return for this. ^^;