Looking for Moderators

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
Scox

Re: Looking for Moderators

Post by Scox »

Username:
Scox
Your timezone:
GMT +1
Why do you want to be a staff here?
just because i love this site and most of its users xD
Any experience in modding?
unfortunatly no
Any additional profits?
i know everything from this site and have enough free time to stay here nearly the whole day^^
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Adoptable

Collecting: Farfetch’d, Drowzee/Hypno, Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra, Chimecho, Trubbish, Stunfisk, Skrelp/Dragalge, Amaura/Aurorus, Bergmite/Avalugg
My Secret Base
MewMisaki
Flaushiram ♥

Post by MewMisaki »

Okay, I'm posting here again because my last post got lost in the crash last autumn as far as I know.

Username: MewMisaki
Your timezone: GMT +1
Why do you want to be a staff here? I would love to be a staff here because I love Virtuadopt and I like it to help others if they have questions. I am online every day and I know this site well.
Any experience in modding? I have been a moderator on the bisafans.de forums.
Any additional profits? Nothing really special I'd say.. but my English skills are good and I can do GFX (and photography) and I think my drawings aren't that bad either. I think I would be able to judge contests fair since I know how to give contructive criticism on art. Oh, and I'm running the Virtuadopt Twitter account since I got the allowance of doing so. It's fun to inform all Twitter users about the newest announcements and events on VA.
AdoptableAdoptable
dradford

Post by dradford »

Username:Dradford
Your timezone:GMT+1
Why do you want to be a staff here? because im responsible and theres so many times when someone has done something wrong and i want to take action
Any experience in modding?nope, but the only way to get experience is for someone to accept you
Any additional profits?Im off college for 3 months now so i spend a lot of time on here
ClickBox :: TradeStation :: Shinies

AdoptableAdoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

Username: EternalSword7
Your timezone: GMT -6 (Central Standard Time)
Why do you want to be a staff here? Mostly because the virtuadopt community is a very friendly group of people in comparison to some other forums I'm a part of. Also, this community is small enough. I think the workload is within my tolerences.
Any experience in modding? Not as an official moderator position, no. However, I do run a three-person trade shop over at serebiiforums, if that counts for anything.
Any additional profits? While I may be new (at the time of this post, at least), I'm going to be spending a lot of time on virtuadopt. I know how to take orders without question and I know how to keep quiet when asked. I work well with others. I will often go out of my way to get a job done. I have the discipline needed to give infractions to friends, associates, and strangers alike. If you want a person dedicated to their job, then look no further.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Papilusion
Daydreamer

Post by Papilusion »

Wasn't there made a NEW thread like this? (deleted in the big crash I guess)

Username: Papilusion
Your timezone: GMT+0200 (summertime)
Why do you want to be a staff here? I spent too much time on VA doing nothing. And I read pretty much everything on the forum already. I'm fair and think I could do a pretty good job. I also like arts of many kinds, so I'd love to help judge/hold contests.
Any experience in modding? Nope.
Any additional profits? I have a crazy imagination, and I'm very creative. :) And some ideas for VA pop up in my head from time to time...
Adoptable
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

I'll do it too (again, old one got lost because of the crash)
Username: PokeTrade
Your timezone: UCT + 1
Why do you want to be a staff here?
I spend so mutch time on this site and I never get borred of it. I also now mutch nice people here and I just love this game! I also love helping people and can come with good ideas. I also have a good eye for mistakes, I reported already mutch bugs as you noticed (I think?).
Any experience in modding?
I'm admin on a dutch forum where people can trade Pokémoncards. The forum has ATM +80.000 posts & around 120 active members, if you want a link of the forum; PM me please.
Any additional profits?
I know some PHP & HTML, later I want to become a professional coder.
This can be maybe negative but I'll say it to: I have got also some warnings in the past & was one time banned. So I know how it feels to be banned/get a warning.
My collections:
ImageImageImage
ChiipS

Post by ChiipS »

Username: ChiipS
Your timezone: UTC - 4
Why do you want to be a staff here? Because I love the game, and I think the help of moderators who are scattered all over the planet (in various countries) aid in the development of it, I also think that not having experience in this kind of work, I can quickly learn about the function assigned to me. Well after all, be a site moderator seems to be pretty cool, since I will contribute to a hobby that I love being able to make this become fun listening to suggestions and trying, if chosen, make them reality I am, whenever I can, online at.
Any experience in modding? No, but I can quickly learn how to do it.
Any additional profits? Well I can not financially, but I can do the creative part, creating events, entertainment extras, and maybe some new project.

Thanks to Sarkany by the image group
[Click Box I] • [Click Box II] • [Shiny Box] • [TradeStation]
COLLECTING: Lapras, Azumarill, Castform, Mamoswine, Galvantula and Goodra
LIMITED: Lights Mamoswine, Rotom

Thalissonspb13

Post by Thalissonspb13 »

Username: Thalissonspb13
Your timezone: UTC - 3 hours
Why do you want to be a staff here? I believe I can help new players and take your questions, I know the site very much and I know about Pokemon. I also help in projects of the site, I'm very creative sometimes :)
Any experience in modding? I was admin a small site, but the owner decided to close for not having time.
Any additional profits? I enter every day to the site, and besides know him very well, I want to help so that it is even better (if that is possible, because the site is great). I'm always desposto to help players and I always follow the rules.
Spoiler for Badges:
By Mars. Get your badges here
[/size]ImageImageImageImage
koekie715

Post by koekie715 »

Username:koekie715
Your timezone:GMT+01:00
Why do you want to be a staff here?I enjoy it to help people and im a very experienced pokemon player(i know all the pokemon names in the nationel dex order:D) but i just wanna help people!
Any experience in modding?yes i was on like 7 sites a mod! :D
Any additional profits?i know english,dutch,little germand and a little french.

thank you for reading this. :D
ImageAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
vegetunks937

Post by vegetunks937 »

Username: Vegetunks937
Your timezone: + 5:30
Why do you want to be a staff here?I want to be a staff here because i loved the site. I enjoyed the game. I want to help you so you would not be overburdened.
Any experience in modding?No but i will make sure you chose the right person for global moderators if you chose me.
Any additional profits?Yes i will be online most of the time so you wouldn't be overburdened and i will take out all the spammers.

Thanks in advance if you chose me.
kmp0511

Post by kmp0511 »

Username:kmp0511
Your timezone:GMT-7
Why do you want to be a staff here?Well, I really love this site and would like to be a staff member. Also, I would like to offer any sort of ideas or opinions when I need to.
Any experience in modding?sorry, but no...
Any additional profits?I draw a lot (I guess people say I'm pretty good), I'm online often, and I know some HTML

Thank you for reading this, and have a good day
Sorry everyone, I'm not allowed to go on here anymore, bye. ;-;
But you can reach me on Pokefarm and now on DeviantArt (my username's the same on both).
eeveejolteonfan

Post by eeveejolteonfan »

b]Username:[/b] Eeveejolteonfan
Your timezone: Denmark, Copenhagen, Europa (GMT +1)
Why do you want to be a staff here? I think it would be fun to try it, i have some ideas aswell. Im also alot online. (I'm danish so sorry for my english)
Any experience in modding? I'm owning a chatroom and a fan group on an other site. But nothing else ^^'
Any additional profits? I like this site, i'm alot online on it. I won in raffle on my second try! (But traded my prize to be nice :3) Also as i wrote before, i think it would be very funny! But still hard.
Kneel before Lokitty!
Mithos
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Post by Mithos »

Spoiler:
I browsed the whole topic and couldn't find something like an ''application stop'', s o therefore I thought it wouldn't hurt anyone if I posted my application, since, you know, there might be a need for new Mods :)
Username:
Mithos

Your timezone:
GMT +1:00

Why do you want to be a staff here?:
I thought a lot about that question since this one demands the most counting answer. I'm a member since the very beginning. I don't want to imply this fact makes me wiser or a better choice than anyone else. Primarily, it means I do really know very much about this site. I do know quite everything about Virtuadopt, since I'm not only a huge Pokemon fan, but I was present in the process in which this site developed.

I was able to give feedback to help improving the game, ask questions about new game techniques and report bugs to improve those techniques. Since I had those chances, I want to make sure other people after me have them too.

And therefore I am really interested in doing this job. In my opinion I would do a great job, since I consider myself intelligent, calm and sensitive. I'm not the kind of person who enrages even if there are some tricky situations. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound arrogant, but in my opinion one of the most counting qualities should be that one is able to cope with very hard circumstances even if they seem desperate.
In real life, my mathmatical talent combined with sensitive humanity really helped me to solve even the trickiest situations. (That is why I think I really fit in)

All in all I really want to be staff here to help, to improve, to give answers where no one can give and help to keep the site online. From the bottom of my heart, I'm willing to help and that should be the most counting aspect :)

Any experience in modding?:
I've been a Moderator for three years now in a Chat of a big Pokemon Forum in Germany. I really did learn a lot about being a Superior and how one should behave as one, but since the Chat nowadays is quite inactive, I'm searching for new challenges.

Any additional profits?:
As I already said, I'm very patient, kind and calm when it is about answering questions, talk with Users and so on.

Mentioned above, I am very good at finding solutions in desperate situations.
For 7 years I have been in a theatre group. Therefore I have learned to work in a team and help each other. It is necessary to have good communication basis upon which everyone is talking. Communication is the Alpha and Omega in every workgroup. Since I have some very good friends in the Mod Team already, I think I do have a good basis. :)

This may sound weird but one of my profits is that I am male. I don't mean that women do any worse job or so, that's not what I want to imply. All our moderators do a great job, thats for sure. I just mean that a few more guys would help to bring new horizons into the team. I hope one understands my concern.

Another fact is that I am strongly interested in fair, righteous and equal treatment. Neither sex, nor ethnical background, nor political interest, nor friend or foe should make any difference in passing a judgement on somebody. Abiding by the rules is the only matter of fact. Of course one should always consider the individual case but equal treatment for abiding by the same rules is essential.

I think it is not a disadvantage to be another German Mod since there are a lot of German people on this site. So I can even help them with my native language even better. But I am also able to help English people since I'm speaking/writing fluently english. :)

This is one large text but I hope that you understand my interest in this :) I would be very grateful and wouldn't disappoint you.

Sincerely, Mithos
Last edited by Mithos on January 2nd, 2013, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Pokedoll

Post by Pokedoll »

Username:Pokedoll
Your timezone:North American Eastern Time Zone UTC-5
Why do you want to be a staff here? All my life ive been a huge fan of pokemon,when i found this site i knew i found a good place that has serious amounts of potential.and i would want to help make this site the best it can possibly be
Any experience in modding?Yes ive been a mod on quite a few websites,and ive been told i do quite well at modding and keeping people in their place
Any additional profits?I can draw very well and am almost fluent in german (English is my main native language ) ,and most who i do work for tell me i dont give up on the job very easily,and dont goof off

sorry about my horrible grammer.(writing isnt my best subject )

but put me into concideration :)
Lane Stardust

Post by Lane Stardust »

[list]User-Name: Lane Stardust
Timezone: Central Standard Time [CST]

- Why do you want to be staff here?
I'm really loving the site and I have a knack for helping out. It might not mean much, but I really respect the staff here, and that does matter to me when I consider applying for any position on a forum.

- Any experience in moderating?
I've been frequenting forums since I was 13, so over the years I've racked up a lot of experience with forum software, even back when Suddenlaunch and Invisionfree were the relatively new or popular things. Many of the off-shoot forums that I've been a part of the staff for were operated by friends, and many of them died when their respective games that they were centered around lost popularity.

Since I originally hail from GameFAQs [registered 2004], I know toxic users when I see them and I know what's acceptable and what isn't; the sort of judgment that's just kind of perfected over time. VA does have some different rules and the adoptable aspect of it does add to its complexity, but in the end, modding is modding - your job is to make the community a better, safer, and happier place for the users. At least that's how I see it, and that's something that I've done before and know I can do here.

- Any additional profits?
• I'm online often, particularly in the evening [for me] when the forum is dropping off from its peak hours until there's hardly anyone left online.
• I'm reliable; if something needs to get done, I do it. Additionally, if someone needs help, I'm on it. Even if I don't know the solution myself, I always know how to find the answer.
• I've been playing Pokemon since Red & Blue were released, waaaaay back when I was a child. So these little critters mean something to me, but at the same time, I also know a lot about them.
• I'm pretty friendly and easy-going. With that said, though, I don't play favorites.[/list]
Zonley

Post by Zonley »

User-Name: Zonley
Timezone: UTC+1 (Germany)

Why do you want to be staff here?
Well, I'm a big Poké-Fan and i really like this site.
Since I wanted to help I tried to paint a few new Sprites and Pokis for competitions. But I thougt they weren't good enough and so they never were seen in this forum. *g*
So I thought about my possibilities to help and I came to the conclusion, that I could help new members and the VA-Team as a moderator.

Any experience in moderating?
I know a lot of different forums and have been having a few experiences since I was 12.
I am/was also a leader of different groups in different forums (for example BisaBoard, Blacksins,...) and I'm very faithful at my job.

Any additional profits?
1) I'm online often. At night and during the day, at the weekend and during the week.
2) For me there is no space for spam or insults and trolls. I will not accept such a behaviour by anyone.
3) I guess I'm a little perfectionist. That's why I'm very committed, attentive, helpful, calm and courteous.
4) Is there a job, which needs to be done, I'll do it.
5) I know every Poki by name, since I started playing Pokémon when I was 9. There is hardly a question which I couldn't answer.
6) In case of an argument, I'll listen to every point of view - I have no prejudices.
7) And last but not least: I'm a go-to person and good in adjusting to new situations.

That's all, I hope there is a chance for me. :)
ImageAdoptable Adoptable AdoptableImage
MaeAtNight

Post by MaeAtNight »

Username: MaeAtNight
Your timezone: (-6:00 GMT) Central

Why do you want to be a staff here? I've loved Poke'mon from my early childhood and I would love to be more involved.

Any experience in modding? I have done some Minor things for personal reasons on sites like Gaia Online and Deviantart, but nothing official.

Any additional profits? I like to think I'm a good artist, but that's up to others.
I also have very varied hours I can get on, I do have two jobs and college can give details.
Any other free time I have I'm usually online. Please take me into consideration. Thanks!