Halloween Eggs Hatched, New Artist!

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
Kamui

Re: Halloween Eggs Hatched, New Artist!

Post by Kamui »

I enjoyed the event..even if I didn't get a shiny...I adopted 12 eggs and 4 of them had a level over 1000. But random is random...and complaining doesn't get me a shiny. The artworks are perfect!!!

In my opinion there shouldn't be shinys at all...they lead to complaining too much. The GTS is full with HalloweenTrades and that's really annoying...trading them shouldn't be possible..for now. :|

I'm looking forward to the next event..but I hope the new eggs hatch on Dez 24 or 25 ;)
litzana

Post by litzana »

Wow, Ukesora, congrats on the artist post!
And, I looove the Halloween Aipom/Cubone. They are sooo gorgeous!
ImageImageImageImage
Mermaid

Post by Mermaid »

I think the Event was a great idea ^^
The Artworks are cute.
I hope it will give another funny Events ^^
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Nanashi wrote:Thorn, xDD ther are more than 15000 Halloween pokemon out there...

Thats hell of a lot xDDD

stefanol, concerning the position thingy (again, I know you hate me <33)... now its mixing up with the Halloween Jigglys and Kangas...

Somehow this id...difficult...
I cant even think of a way to get them into an order without either mixing everything or taking them apart o.O
Consider sorting putting them in order of certain pattern. Each Virtuadopt may be sorted based upon like, 4, things:

a)first they are sorted by boxes, so they can be put in their boxes.
b)then, they are sorted by Pokedex number, which
•Puts dex species on bottom, sorted from 1-251
•Puts eggs, monthlies, and various promos on top, mixed - since they don't possess any dex number
c)then
•they can be sorted either by type - grouping them in type groups, buy then only one monthly set per box looks like it should
•or they can be sorted by ID - so the eggs, halloween promos, and monthlies will appear in the order of adoption
•or they can be sorted by name, but that wouldn't make much sense

I may add an "order" number to each Virtuadopt, ranging from 1-9999, which you would be able to modify in PC, and arrange them as you'd like - but it would be painful job to order whole collection.
ImageAdoptable
Nanashi

Post by Nanashi »

stefanol, Would it maybe be possible to give a standardized order number to every pokemon (0 for eggs & specials, 1-251 to every normal pokemon) so that they will appear in the same order they are now in but make it possible for users to change that number (from -9999 to +9999, so you wouldnt have to move all your pokemon if youd like to change some of the first ones).

Also make it possible for pokemon to have the same order number. Pokemon with the same order number will be shown in the order of their IDs.

Maybe also resert the order number to its standart value when trading a pokemon (like the VC codes)...

Just an Idea, lunch time now xDD
Click My Eggs or the mighty Cthulhu will eat chu <33

[ q u i t ]
[ c o l l e c t i n g : - ]
Tazgirl18992
Location: I'm a ninja. If I told you, I would have to kill you.. Nothing personal. Just business.

Post by Tazgirl18992 »

UkeSora, Congrats!!

whoo! the eggs have hatched! Thanks Stefanol!
I got a shiny cubone!
Spoiler for Clicks:
Please click everything in box1! Return clicks, Pm me!
The Phione will lead you to my box.
Trade Box 5/6
Random Family:
Spoiler:
Collecting gligars!
ImageImage
Sprite by Airelesanya from Vdexproject.net
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

Well I have my own opinion to the whole "getting no shiny" thing, but that has already been discussed too much here, so I just wanted to say that I like the artworks (I just hoped that there would be more than just one type of pokemon per egg) .. but.. what is more important and hasn't been said enough yet:
Congrats to UkeSora :) I think you'll do a great job and I'm looking forward to some awesome artworks...
Great decision choosing her.

and:
stefanol wrote: I'd suggest looking once again into contest rules, since some people are submitting flawed works - too long/short stories, photos without name tag on them (or photos showing something not looking as a bag), [...]
What exactly did you mean by "not looking as a bag"? Because I spent much time making my bag for the entry and I wanted to make something NOT looking like a simple bag, but something more interesting that can be easily used as a bag, too. And I think that's what many other users did, too.. without violating the rules.
There are MANY real halloweenbags not looking like bags but like pumpkins, heads and so on... As long as you can put Candys in it and you can carry it it should be okay as a bag. o.o
Or did you mean something else and I just misunderstood your sentence? :O
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

I could have said it wrong. At least one photo of bag has been made from strange perspective, in effect making it looking merely like an image drawn on paper, not a bag. As long as it looks like a bag (so there is a hole inside of it, and it is bag/box/whatever) it is okay :) Your work is okay :)
ImageAdoptable
Abby

Post by Abby »

hey UkeSora congrats. I'm looking forward to see some artworks of you here on VA =D

to the halloween pokis: wow they are awesome! I love them and now I can see how their pictues fit together, that was a really nice idea

Edit: Sorry I noticed that I used the wrong word (awful instead of awesome) >.< I really love the new Halloween Pokemon!
Last edited by Abby on November 25th, 2009, 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

stefanol wrote:I could have said it wrong. At least one photo of bag has been made from strange perspective, in effect making it looking merely like an image drawn on paper, not a bag. As long as it looks like a bag (so there is a hole inside of it, and it is bag/box/whatever) it is okay :) Your work is okay :)
Aaah, ok.. then I just got you wrong :) Thanks for clearing it up.
thebestperson

Post by thebestperson »

Nice.

And Congrats Ukesora :)
I'm collecting Lucario, Zorua, Axew, Roggenrola, Pidove. Trade Station!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
DroidBonk

Post by DroidBonk »

I'm just fine with not getting a shiny, but I know why some people are angry. And honestly, I don't blame them. It wasn't made very clear that having a high leveled one just raised your chances. I think some people are even more angry because others got shinies at level 50, and they didn't at level 2000.

Congrats to our new artist!
Adoptable My Click Box , I do my best to click back. ^^AdoptableAdoptable
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

If it wasn't made clear, then honestly, I don't think there should be a reason to be mad at all. It was an unknown, all I was saying earlier that the level *may* help you get something better from the eggs.
ImageAdoptable
Papilusion
Daydreamer

Post by Papilusion »

I always thought you made it perfectly clear...! So I wasn't disapointed at all. :) People are just whiners, hihi.

But I knew I had overadopted the eggs... XD But I tried adopting eggs every hour at the candy-hunt... :lol:

I just dreamt about the new monthly set. Cute. hihi. :P
Adoptable
ianred
Location: Philippines,Luzon,Metro Manila,Bonni serano st.,Green Hills Garden Square Condominium,Cluster 3,2,A

Post by ianred »

where do i post art?
http://www.squiby.net/user/ianredImage364137[/virtuadopt]/2205966]ImageAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable paralyze replaces TinyAdoptableChrome[special egg] Adoptabledancer[got in lab}Adoptablemystery :( pls hatch...AdoptableHATCH ME FAST says the egg
Adoptable
Sephirothj1

Post by Sephirothj1 »

The next Eggs are probably going to be a Stantler and Delibird. Its pretty obvious.

Now Thanksgiving eggs would be tricky to figure out. But best to wait.
Setofant

Post by Setofant »

Lol, I don't think it will be Stantler and Delibird just because it IS that obvious.
That would be boring and I don't think the staff would want to make a boring event.
DroidBonk

Post by DroidBonk »

I was thinking two kid pokemon openning presents, like Magby and Elekid.
Adoptable My Click Box , I do my best to click back. ^^AdoptableAdoptable
Sini

Post by Sini »

Congratz ukesora. :)
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
PS: Want to know what hatches from your egg? Check out my egg research thread in VA Clickers! (Help is also appreciated :3 )
Dusko

Post by Dusko »

Stef...the Aipom. XD
I love it.

Congrats everyone who got shinies and congrats Ukesora.^^
Adoptable
<3