Updates, updates. || Looking for artists, now!

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
Loki

Re: Updates, updates. || Looking for artists, now!

Post by Loki »

I'm going to have to agree with Jabby here, it definitely seemed like a rude comment to me.
^Links to Eggs^
darkleviathan

Post by darkleviathan »

catboy, Yeah I misunderstood.
Nanashi, no. I get it. I made a simple mistake. I'm human. should I draw that ?
When in click thread please click my eggs in box 1
http://www.virtuadopt.com/viewadopts.ph ... than&box=1
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
bluebell_rose

Post by bluebell_rose »

Ah but you forget, lending pokemon is the easiest way to get scammed. You might not do it, but the person you're dealing with might.
Join Yarolds to raise your eggs fast! Join The mob and be part of an awesome Team ! We can teach you to click 400 links in 10 mins! Pm me to learn how. Only PM me if you aren't already in a dyn.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Jabby

Post by Jabby »

bluebell_rose wrote:Ah but you forget, lending pokemon is the easiest way to get scammed. You might not do it, but the person you're dealing with might.
Well, I know this is hard for you to grasp, but lending to your friends, who you trust, also works! :O
Thanks to JabbyX, Orina, Zetore, and Rosie for the amazing Signature.
bluebell_rose

Post by bluebell_rose »

Doesn't matter if they're friends or not. You can still lend to your friends and not get anything back. I trusted someone and I never got the two pets I lent back
Join Yarolds to raise your eggs fast! Join The mob and be part of an awesome Team ! We can teach you to click 400 links in 10 mins! Pm me to learn how. Only PM me if you aren't already in a dyn.
Jabby

Post by Jabby »

Well clearly, you need better friends. :D
Thanks to JabbyX, Orina, Zetore, and Rosie for the amazing Signature.
darkleviathan

Post by darkleviathan »

Jabby wrote:Well clearly, you need better friends. :D
lol that's what I was thinking. XD
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

catboy wrote:1) Old users disproportionally privileged since they already have quite an amount of starters and won't have much trouble breeding or trading the rest they might still need. New users now have a hell lot of trouble getting the 18 starters they'll need for a complete pokédex. Actually updates should to the opposite: give new challenges for the old users and make it easy for new ones to catch up.
I believe it will always be the case - retiring adoptables on every existing adoptable site makes things better for old users, worse for new ones. This step should have been done earlier, my fault it wasn't.
catboy wrote:2) If you have very bad luck, like myself, and get two male starters (chance is 25%, so it'll happen quite often), you can't even breed any starters at all which makes it even more difficult to get them by trade.
Yes, chance for two male species is 25%. Now, at the beginning, it may be hard. Soon afterwards, if people actually will bother to use the daycare, and breed the starters, they will get more varieties of species/genders - which will allow you to easily get what you want. After you get one female starter, you may proceed to breed it by yourself (and having two species of the same gender gives you higher probability of getting an egg), and offer it to other users, who are looking for the same.
3) There are tones of new fake accounts now at the GTS who offer starters and have exactly 2 pokémon in their collection. Fake and multi accounts are extremely encouraged be the update, even if they are explicitly against the rules. You just created a huge temptation on that matter.
Define "tones". Two? Three? Ten? Sometimes people may want to trade the supposedly rare new species, for something better. Either way, it is bound to happen with exclusive-per-account Virtuadopts. It doesn't mean I should avoid such situations - same is with consolation prizes in eventual contests. Yes, the temptation is big. So is the risk. If someone wants to risk their collection of Virtuadopts, only to get two starters, it is not worth it. I am tracking down such people, and if not asap after account creation, actions may be taken few days later. I am not going to argue afterwards, listen to pleas, and begs to unban. No. You want to risk? Ok. If you have siblings using your PC, and they will do it, you also risk getting banned - so I advise paying attention to what they do.
4) The legendary birds will be almost impossible to get for anyone starting out now since you can't breed them. So there will be a limited amount of these pokémon and more and more user looking form them. There should at least be a chance for new created birds. Call them second edition, give them new images if you just HAVE to limit the old ones, but don't just stop on them at all.
Seeing, as there are right now 1251 birds out there, I have trouble in seeing how soon they will become rare.... I am pretty sure that for next few weeks/months they will still be easy to get... afterwards, yes, they may become rare. Though shouldn't it be like that with Pokemon species, who are legends afterall? They shouldn't be as common as regular species.
btw: Hope feedback is welcome here. My apologies if that's not the case.
I am fine with feedback, as long as it is properly written, not "omg the updates sux go die in a fire" ;). Even though I see your point of view, I disagree on most of the matters... But, that's what forums are for, to discuss stuff :)
ImageAdoptable
__Cookie__

Post by __Cookie__ »

stefanol, I send you an e-mail ;)
Only clicking my eggs is enough~
B-man

Post by B-man »

cool...

USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR THIS POST.
Name: Pflanzi
Adoptiere auch eins! @Pokémon Waisenhaus
Sini

Post by Sini »

You need to send specially drawn for that occasion image. It should be Pokemon related (in Virtuadopt form), but not necessarily. The big canvas is 230x230, the small one 100x100

Does this mean 2 pictures, or just 1 picture of either size? (soz for stupid question :oops: )
PS: Want to know what hatches from your egg? Check out my egg research thread in VA Clickers! (Help is also appreciated :3 )
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

One picture made in two different dimensions. I could do it myself, but somethimes there is an issue with too thin outlines, and I would rather see if artist knows about how it would indeed look in small form.
ImageAdoptable
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

The starters received from Professor Birch were just made untradable. This is why we can't have nice things - some users just can't follow the rules, and want to gain advantage merely by cheating. I am no longer going to filter everyday users, who received the starters, then investigate if someone is multi accounting, then bother with replying to e-mails of banned, angry people. Nearly 50 accounts were banned, I'd say the same number is waiting to be banned. Not that it surprises me, leaving loopholes is bound to them being used.

Additionally, I don't really see why anyone would like to trade their first, starter Virtuadopt... From now on, to get the other starters, you need to either breed them by yourself, or ask someone to breed them for you. If you were lucky, and received a female starter, breeding offsprings is easy. If by chance you got the male species, you need to obtain one of the female species. This will be harder, as you may now get in trade only starters obtained from regular eggs, or already bred. Yes, this update makes it more challenging to get them all. No, I don't think it's really that bad.

The chances for getting a shiny starter have been raised also, around 2.5 times (that change was made on 12th of October, but noone knew about it yet).
ImageAdoptable
darkleviathan

Post by darkleviathan »

Cool. I like that idea. I never planned on trading mine anyways.
Last edited by darkleviathan on October 15th, 2009, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebestperson

Post by thebestperson »

I offered for a cyndaquil (thinking it was a bred one ) a couple days ago, and just now it says they got accepted. It turns out to be a starter one from Prof. Birch.

Would i be able to keep it, or should i remove it from my account?

Thanks for any response ^_^
I'm collecting Lucario, Zorua, Axew, Roggenrola, Pidove. Trade Station!
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

I am rather not going to track down all of the old trades, revert them, and delete the cheated starters. So yes, you can keep it.
ImageAdoptable
thebestperson

Post by thebestperson »

Alright, thanks Stef. :)
I'm collecting Lucario, Zorua, Axew, Roggenrola, Pidove. Trade Station!
Cubaser

Post by Cubaser »

...As the Sun Rises...
>> So starters that were hatched from eggs before the whole Prof Birch thing are still tradeable? I have quite a few Bulbasaur. <<
¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Yes.
ImageAdoptable
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

I quite don't like the updates, but oh well.
Getting the Johto startes now will be troublesome. :/
I just hope the other Promos will given out on a special event or something like that.
Wouldn't like the idea of winning Lugia in a flashgame which isn't related to Pokémon at all.
The other drawing updates..
They are fine, I guess. What I like is the updated map of the explore region.
That's nice, stef.
And I do like the "looking for artists" part. But I don't know whether I should join. Hmm..

Oh, well. I will miss Articuno and the other birds. But on the contrary I have better chances to win Suicune. :3

So, all in all..
Keep it up, stef, nautilus and the others.
You are doing great work for the VA community. <3