Updates, updates. || Looking for artists, now!

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
stefanol
soul supreme+

Re: Updates, updates. || Looking for artists, now!

Post by stefanol »

Another amendment to the first post, the Starter Corner has opened.
ImageAdoptable
Deep

Post by Deep »

Wow, Nice! That Professor is fast.. :bow:
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Okay, I thought I stated myself clear enough. Creating multi accounts in order to get multiple starters *will* be punished with ban. Seriously, it's pretty pathetic if you try to cheat by creating another account, only to get the new starter.... *sighs*.... Such people are the cause of me making the game harder for the rest of the players.

PrincessLettuce just got banned for making 5 accounts in order, only to get the starters. Anyone want to try their luck as well?

//another one, DestinySora. -_-

//and many more. it's making me sad.
ImageAdoptable
darkleviathan

Post by darkleviathan »

lol guess its safe to say my offer for her squirtle wont get accepted
When in click thread please click my eggs in box 1
http://www.virtuadopt.com/viewadopts.ph ... than&box=1
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AnnieGYG

Post by AnnieGYG »

darkleviathan wrote:lol guess its safe to say my offer for her squirtle wont get accepted
ROFL, Some people will never learn, it's nice to see an adoptable site which takes action against multi accouters unlike another one I frequent.

Hmm, are those crazy colours behind my eggs part of the update or is my PC throwing a freak?
OFFLINE - MOVING HOUSE - BRB 6-8 WEEKS
thebestperson

Post by thebestperson »

Cool updates.

Thanks a bunch Stef ^_^
I'm collecting Lucario, Zorua, Axew, Roggenrola, Pidove. Trade Station!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
bluebell_rose

Post by bluebell_rose »

Problem is in the game, we only had to collect one of each of each starter if we wanted to collect them all. Right now, with the new update, not only do we have to trade for the other 2 we didn't get, we also have to trade for 4x more than in the games to get more in order to complete the dex. Otherwise I'm happy with the update.
Join Yarolds to raise your eggs fast! Join The mob and be part of an awesome Team ! We can teach you to click 400 links in 10 mins! Pm me to learn how. Only PM me if you aren't already in a dyn.
Tilda

Post by Tilda »

2 new pokemon & I finally got a charmander - yeah!

Though I guees this means it will be very diificult to get the other 13 starters I am missing...
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Sini

Post by Sini »

Hmm, I could think about becoming an artist on virtuadopt... ;) Now I'll just have to draw a couple of pokemons! (might take a while until I get my wacom tablet work again)
PS: Want to know what hatches from your egg? Check out my egg research thread in VA Clickers! (Help is also appreciated :3 )
Deathhound

Post by Deathhound »

I guess I'm going to try to becoming an artist here. It's worth a try though (:
Salazar

Post by Salazar »

I've got a question about the starters^^"

If I don't choose a Kanto or Johto Starter, will I be able to choose one more of newer generations later?
Would be cool to do so.
ImageImageImageImage
stream
Paranoid ex-Mod

Post by stream »

No it doesnt work that way, Salazar.
You may choose one from each region. ;)
Groovy!
Deep

Post by Deep »

You can only get one starter from each regions.

(EDIT) nin'jed ;.;
catboy

Post by catboy »

I'm not so happy with the updates. There's even a couple of problems:

1) Old users disproportionally privileged since they already have quite an amount of starters and won't have much trouble breeding or trading the rest they might still need. New users now have a hell lot of trouble getting the 18 starters they'll need for a complete pokédex. Actually updates should to the opposite: give new challenges for the old users and make it easy for new ones to catch up.

2) If you have very bad luck, like myself, and get two male starters (chance is 25%, so it'll happen quite often), you can't even breed any starters at all which makes it even more difficult to get them by trade.

3) There are tones of new fake accounts now at the GTS who offer starters and have exactly 2 pokémon in their collection. Fake and multi accounts are extremely encouraged be the update, even if they are explicitly against the rules. You just created a huge temptation on that matter.

4) The legendary birds will be almost impossible to get for anyone starting out now since you can't breed them. So there will be a limited amount of these pokémon and more and more user looking form them. There should at least be a chance for new created birds. Call them second edition, give them new images if you just HAVE to limit the old ones, but don't just stop on them at all.

Just my opinion.

btw: Hope feedback is welcome here. My apologies if that's not the case.
darkleviathan

Post by darkleviathan »

its 50-50 on whether its male or female here.
When in click thread please click my eggs in box 1
http://www.virtuadopt.com/viewadopts.ph ... than&box=1
catboy

Post by catboy »

darkleviathan wrote:its 50-50 on whether its male or female here.
Yes, but you get TWO pokémon, which makes it a 25% chance you get two males. Got it?
Nanashi

Post by Nanashi »

darkleviathan, but the chance to get 2 males is 25%.. want me to draw it for you?

( catboy, ur too fast xD)
Click My Eggs or the mighty Cthulhu will eat chu <33

[ q u i t ]
[ c o l l e c t i n g : - ]
Jabby

Post by Jabby »

1) Old users disproportionally privileged since they already have quite an amount of starters and won't have much trouble breeding or trading the rest they might still need. New users now have a hell lot of trouble getting the 18 starters they'll need for a complete pokédex. Actually updates should to the opposite: give new challenges for the old users and make it easy for new ones to catch up.

Yes, this will be an issue, there is no way around it. Yet it isn't a problem for new users, you see there are a ton of people on the site. You can make a thread about wanting to breed with a certain pokemon, or you can offer to help someone. Just a couple days ago I lent my pikachu out to someone I don't know on the sole basis that they will give it and a pichu back to me... Will they? I don't know but I have faith they will do the right thing. So no, it won't be a problem in a short while as people start breeding them. Just wait it out for a bit.
2) If you have very bad luck, like myself, and get two male starters (chance is 25%, so it'll happen quite often), you can't even breed any starters at all which makes it even more difficult to get them by trade.

I'm confused by this, so I'm going to need your help, why would you even want to breed two different species starters to begin with? As I stated before, the best move would be to make a friend to lend with.... But, maybe you know something I don't. :D
3) There are tones of new fake accounts now at the GTS who offer starters and have exactly 2 pokémon in their collection. Fake and multi accounts are extremely encouraged be the update, even if they are explicitly against the rules. You just created a huge temptation on that matter.

Yes, and as Stef stated on the previous page he and the staff are banning them, but oddly enough, they sleep. I know it's crazy but I bet when Stef gets back online he's going to look into them more. Moreover, if you know or suspect someone of doing this a nice PM to Stef with their username never hurt anyone. If they aren't, then they never even have to know they were looked into. :) Believe me, after being banned 3-4 times people stop trying. Same thing happened on PP at the advent calendar and after a couple days it stopped. As said before, just calm down and wait it out.
4) The legendary birds will be almost impossible to get for anyone starting out now since you can't breed them. So there will be a limited amount of these pokémon and more and more user looking form them. There should at least be a chance for new created birds. Call them second edition, give them new images if you just HAVE to limit the old ones, but don't just stop on them at all.

No they won't. It will take many many months before they are even remotely hard to get. They are like candy at the moment and people weren't even trading for them as everyone knew they could get them. User's were given a -well in advance- warning of their retirement, if the user's didn't snag them while they could that isn't Stef's problem. As for new users, I know I've personally been trying to get rid of two birds for like... 2 weeks? and can't even get any offers on them, so clearly people don't want them. When new users come people with 20 of them will start trading them. As stated before, just give it a bit of time hun.

Rareity in an adoptable isn't a bad thing dear. Promise.

darkleviathan, but the chance to get 2 males is 25%.. want me to draw it for you?
Just me or was this one of the rudest comments posted in days?

:roll:
Thanks to JabbyX, Orina, Zetore, and Rosie for the amazing Signature.
Nanashi

Post by Nanashi »

Jabby,

Im really always drawing those trees to fint out the correct probability.. so I offered to draw him one, why is that rude o.O
Click My Eggs or the mighty Cthulhu will eat chu <33

[ q u i t ]
[ c o l l e c t i n g : - ]
Jabby

Post by Jabby »

Maybe it's where I'm from, and where my friends are from for that matter (as my skype friends also thought it rude), but if you offer to 'draw something out' for someone it's a direct snipe at their intelligence. As if you -saying- it wouldn't be enough, they need the picture to go along.
Thanks to JabbyX, Orina, Zetore, and Rosie for the amazing Signature.