Server Move 2019

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
AcryliCat UwU

Re: Server Move 2019

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Exactly another reason tickets should be limited for the raffle as well- save from overspending but also from being so significantly outbought.
Pokemon Knight

Post by Pokemon Knight »

AcryliCat UwU wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 11:15 pm What happens if someone is lucky enough to get two 5-matches?
umm i think you can only get 1 5-match :P

As for the the Lottery & Raffle Idea:
Lottery: after a couple of weeks of Volcanion I think it should rotate between legendary Pokemon(excluding Mythicals like Mew,Celebi,Jirachi,Deoxys,etc) every week and have a chance of getting their shiny formes so that there could be an incentive for people who already have them to buy tickets but it should be with 5 matches so their shiny forme wouldn't lose its value and keep the current chances of getting promos so there wont be an excessive amount of them
and if a new promo(new event or unreleased legendary) joins the raffle it stays for a whole month
Unlimited Tickets

Raffle: rotation of old promos based on the season. For example for the month of October we have HW baby Kangaskan,Vulpix,Meowth and Haunter appear in the raffle(maybe with their shinies?) each for a week and a drawing can happen once or twice a day so their amount wouldn't increase dramatically and new members would have the chance of getting them.
And for the months without a specific holiday (i'm looking at you August) Mythicals or "various" take a turn
150 Ticket limit
thats just my thought on how to engage more people
If you want something like this VV just PM me ;)
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Pokemon Knight, she means duplicate tickets that are 5 match, or less. We are not sure that you can't get duplicate tickets when you buy them, so we have to figure it is possible. Gosh knows, I am not going to scrutinize all my tickets for duplicates, LOL. Too many!
Adoptable
Pokemon Knight

Post by Pokemon Knight »

I’m pretty sure you can’t get duplicates
All my 3 matches weren’t duplicates
49ER

Post by 49ER »

It would be nice if that were the case. I would prefer it be that way.

Edit: I just did a test. I purchased two pick your own numbers tickets duplicated, and they were both purchased and on my account. So I think duplicates can show up on random tickets. *Really really hopes they match 5*
Adoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Pokemon Knight wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 2:20 am I’m pretty sure you can’t get duplicates
All my 3 matches weren’t duplicates
But your 3-matches were all 3-matches because they contained the same three winning Pokemon, they don't necessarily have to be in order. So in theory, yes, you can get more than one 5-match in one drawing, however unlikely.

Plus- I only said that as a backup point against that whole not stacking promo-prizes, lol, not as a main debatable point.

Additionally, if Volcanion isnt going to be in a rotation, tickets should be limited. If rotation is going to be introduced, I say unlimited tickets.
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

Seriously? Ticket limitation?? It is hard enough to get the jackpot without limitation...

49ER wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 2:25 am It would be nice if that were the case. I would prefer it be that way.

Edit: I just did a test. I purchased two pick your own numbers tickets duplicated, and they were both purchased and on my account. So I think duplicates can show up on random tickets. *Really really hopes they match 5*
I tried the same a few draws ago and it said I can't purchase the second one because I already have this ticket o.o
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

Maybe this was one of the few things yankees played around with. I remember trying to purchase the exact same tickets back when the lottery had only the money prize, and it was possible to buy multiples...

btw thank you yankees, for the ticket counter. Really helpful :)
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Hmmm....
Interesting....

I do have both tickets. Maybe something got changed in the coding?
Adoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Akemie wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 10:18 am Seriously? Ticket limitation?? It is hard enough to get the jackpot without limitation...

No need to be like that, the idea came up when the promos were also being limited, so it doesnt matter much now since Yankees fixed that.

On another note, if the jackpot is going to stay at 1.000.000$ and a regular+shiny Volcanion, the odds should be much better tham 1 in (whatever 1million number that was)
Like I said, currently, the payout for the jackpot prize is only 8%, which is way too low. So the way to fix that is to make the jackpot money a much larger amount than it is right now, or raise the odds of winning it by lowering the amount of Pokemon in the roster, again.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

No idea how, but I spent just over 400k on this drawing and now I have over 600k.

I did not earn 200k after buying Lottery tickets.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

The mathematical odds of matching 5 out of 5 picks in a lottery with 45 balls is 1 in 1,221,759. You're statistically more likely to get struck by lightning.

So uh, if you win the jackpot, maybe be careful when you go outdoors...
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Pokemon Knight

Post by Pokemon Knight »

Yeah I think no more shinies will be released....unless each time you win a Volcanion there is a 5% it could be shiny
I think that is a much better idea tbh
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I also think that's a much better idea, unless Yankees makes the odds for the lottery better
49ER

Post by 49ER »

One player cracked the lottery jackpot multiple times by playing 100k every time and that had 49 numbers in it. I think the big problem is this game is geared to benefit the people who can and will pay 100k and more in the lottery. Which leaves out the people who cannot pay that much. They may not win the 5 number but apparently are winning enough 4 number matches to get all their money back, and more. I don't know what the solution is. Either way you go, it will benefit the people who buy a lot, or makes them not want to buy them at all.
Adoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I feel like being a veteran user with tons of money to spare is where we all want to strive to be- however, it shouldn't be impossible for users who don't have hundreds of thousands of money to spend to actually receive a nice prize.
I agree that the regular Volcanion prize should have a chance at being shiny- even with the 3 match its already pretty hard to snag one of the promos, so how many shinies would really go into circulation if this was the case? The jackpot can obviously just be a guaranteed shiny, of course.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I am glad I traded for shiny volcanian the first drawing...I don't think I will ever win one on my own.
Adoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I haven't managed to win a single regular Volcanion, and I spend 3-6k for every drawing. That's not a lot, but I don't have the time so sit here and click for hours on end, even during my nights.
Basically, you have to already be rich, insanely lucky, or more active than anyone should be to win.
Nery
Coffee Freak

Post by Nery »

Pokemon Knight wrote: February 5th, 2019, 1:37 am Yeah I think no more shinies will be released....unless each time you win a Volcanion there is a 5% it could be shiny
I think that is a much better idea tbh
I think so too :/
Virtuadopt Click-Box
Collecting: Seel, Dewgong, Houndour, Houndoom, Abandoned Mimikyu and Anpu Houndoom
(Future Gens: Gothorita, Deerling, Klink, Cofagrigus, Archen, Mimikyu)
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

I personally don't have any grievances on where the lottery is right now. I'm on the poor end of the spectrum because breeding for shiny Eevee sucks me dry faster than Spongebob discovering air for the first time. If I won the 50k, I'd have the daycare funded for a month. If I won the jackpot, about 3 years. That's the dream.

Anyway, in regards to the shiny Volcanion issue, maybe the thing that would make the most sense would be to add a small chance (maybe 1-5%) for a shiny to be won for a 4 match ticket. The odds for winning a 4-match right now is 1 in 6,109, which is a lot more reasonable odds than the 5 match.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.