Server Move 2019

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
Tango

Re: Server Move 2019

Post by Tango »

Limiting the number of times the rich users can play doesn't seem to fair to 'em either though. They're rich cause they're loyal players so they should be allowed to play as much as they want. Limiting the number of tickets as has been mentioned before is the only way to keep it from locking out non-rich players, but I know not many like that idea either.

Coming up with a money sink probably isn't going to work the way we'd want it to. It seems like if you're really rich now you'll stay rich. All a money sink is going to do is prevent new really rich players from forming without getting lucky. Though... has a money -> credit transfer ever been suggested before? Could be something for 'rich' users that doesn't directly harm/compete with everyone else and takes money out of the system. People keep mentioning they would rather have credits than money.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Not that I know of....at least not recently. But I got the feeling the site admins are pretty adamant about not allowing money to e transferred. It could create issues of multis.
Adoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

Probably wouldn't really work anyways... Most likely if you're rich with cash you're also rich with credits ^^; Cause how else did you get rich haha.

Eh, I dunno. Just seems like anything new or revamped is rebalanced around rich users and just makes it such a grind for anyone new. I'm mostly just a bit worried that the new members notice this and that's why no one sticks around. But I have no magic idea to try and help out.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
═══════»«═══════
49ER

Post by 49ER »

oh wait...I thought you were making credits synonymous with money. You actually can trade CE credits. Just put them on a pokemon and then put it up in GTS. You have to work it out in a pm and make sure the person who is receiving it is on to accept real fast so the credits don't drain away, but I have done that often myself.
Unfortunately this game, as well as a lot of others are more advantageous to rich users, whether it be in terms of money, or trade fodder. Even if they can't win something, they probably have the means in trade fodder to get it. Nothing anyone can do about that, except keep on working it.
Adoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

I'm aware you can trade credits, I've done it quite a bit ^^ My mention was about turning money into credits in a one-way transfer. Like $1000 : 1 credit sorta deal or something. But I don't think it makes much sense to consider.

It's the 'keep working on it' that's the problem. You're a new user who joins with nothing, puts in 'some' time (1 yr), and you still have basically nothing. All you can manage to get is the stuff no one else really wants. There's nothing to keep new members interested cause there's just nothing for them. As can be proven by the lack of new members sticking around in the last 2 years not many people are going to wait 2 years to develop a small base.

Like the scents for example. Shadow pokemon are cool but like, I can't even afford anything but the cheapest one. Having a range is great, and is fine that there's the super expensive one; that makes sense. What hurts is that I can't even get the second one. Scents are for rich and lucky users. Lottery is for rich and lucky users. Raffle is for rich users, until they get bored at which point you could get something but it has no trade value. The TP is also kinda for, not rich, but older members. Quests are a nice balance though, those're good.

It's a bad trend methinks. The only things that are good for new users is monthlies and contests cause everyone's on equal footing and there's a limited amount that gets released.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
═══════»«═══════
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Well I do not recommend buying scents. They are way too costly. Just wait to win them as Congratz prizes. And we all started with nothing. It all depends on how hard you work at clicking and hatching and of course a little luck. I think the only disadvantage you have compared to when I started is a lack of old users that are around to trade old things. You also have to be very active in trading and it all depends on what you value most.
Adoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

S'what I do with scents ^^ Just wait for slots ;) S'why I put it down as for rich & lucky users.

And I'm not trying to talk about just me necessarily, I just don't have anyone else to use for comparisons. I'm pointing out the lack of any other 'new' member that has stuck around in the last 2 years. Obviously if I'm still here VA's doing something right to keep my interest ;) But it's not keeping anyone else's it seems. That's the part that's worrying.
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
═══════»«═══════
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I have been here since 2010 and I don’t have everything—I have very very few promos for trade fodder. But that is how I played and I went after what I wanted most. No regrets!
Adoptable
Pokemon Knight

Post by Pokemon Knight »

That sucks :/
I spent 200K on the tickets this time
I hope the tickets arent lost
If you want something like this VV just PM me ;)
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

Lottery is back, and faster than ever. Hopefully the site in general stays this way too.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

Wow, we can buy so many tickets now.

And the return I got was pretty crazy.

Thanks Yankees.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Pokemon Knight

Post by Pokemon Knight »

This is the first time I lost money in the lottery XD
But the new update so much better!! I bought 8K tickets in 1 minute!!!
Nery
Coffee Freak

Post by Nery »

It took up to 2 minutes to buy 25 tickets. Even one ticket caused lag.
Now you can buy 500 tickets and they load immediately... WOW
Virtuadopt Click-Box
Collecting: Seel, Dewgong, Houndour, Houndoom, Abandoned Mimikyu and Anpu Houndoom
(Future Gens: Gothorita, Deerling, Klink, Cofagrigus, Archen, Mimikyu)
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

Pokemon Knight wrote: February 19th, 2019, 2:43 pm This is the first time I lost money in the lottery XD
Ironic. I made over 200k in the last one.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

Nery
Coffee Freak

Post by Nery »

I bought 10k tickets in less than 2 minutes... I just love how fast the lottery is. Thanks for the update :D
Virtuadopt Click-Box
Collecting: Seel, Dewgong, Houndour, Houndoom, Abandoned Mimikyu and Anpu Houndoom
(Future Gens: Gothorita, Deerling, Klink, Cofagrigus, Archen, Mimikyu)
Pokemon Knight

Post by Pokemon Knight »

Karasume wrote: February 19th, 2019, 11:10 pm
Pokemon Knight wrote: February 19th, 2019, 2:43 pm This is the first time I lost money in the lottery XD
Ironic. I made over 200k in the last one.
I spent 200K and got 140K XD
At least I got a lot of volcanion & items xp
Connybaum2

Post by Connybaum2 »

err well I bought a lot of tickets for the next drawing today but it seems the Lottery was disabled ... so what about the tickeds I spend? can I at least get my money back? ...
My shinies
click...ImageImageImageImage...me!
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I won the jackpot!
I spent 1.2m and got roughly 3m.
..I hope it was disabled to fix its money-printing tendencies.

AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Nice!
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

You know... there's enough Volcanions in the system that the adopt can reasonably be retired now.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.