Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
Green Okido

Re: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Post by Green Okido »

...no one thanks the artist.... , w,
THANKS UKE for those beautiful promos! > w<
ImageImageImage
Tombery

Post by Tombery »

Sayumi wrote:The so-called "Bugusing" (abusing a bug and taking advantage out of it) is prohibited in every game. I'm sure a lot of you don't just play VA so you most likely have heard about this rule. Ignorance is no excuse.
you explained this so magnificently, you should be a mod :D
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Sayumi
• All good things to those who wait. ✿

Post by Sayumi »

Green Okido, you're right :) Thanks Uke!

Hakurymon, haha ^^' thanks!
Tradestation
Inoff. Helper: german, french & english
Image Image
Tombery

Post by Tombery »

I'm going to erase the Kyogre and two Groudon now.
If yankeesrule did really care, he would have done something about it by now, i think.
Since it's just a game, I fully understand why he wouldn't care.
Glichu

Post by Glichu »

Green Okido, You're right, thanks Uke ^_^
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptable
General amount of hatched shinies: 122
Serenee
☆Rainy-chan☆

Post by Serenee »

Hakurymon,
Ryou_Kimura wrote:a) We all know yankees doesn't have so much time at the moment, so it's clear he fixed the bug first. He can deal with the abuses later, hopefully.
I don't actually know what they're referring to but apparently yankeesrule can't deal with this problem right now, so maybe just give him a little more time :)
ImageImageAdoptable
Tombery

Post by Tombery »

Serenee, well, it's too late for that, so you can just think of it as me taking some work off his shoulders, sparing him a few seconds of his time ^^
Serenee
☆Rainy-chan☆

Post by Serenee »

Hakurymon, yeah, I assumed you'd already have erased them. I just meant that I think (hope?) that he does care about this :/
ImageImageAdoptable
Ryou_Kimura
Daisuki Bruno-Chan

Post by Ryou_Kimura »

He's our main admin. He has to care. Everything else would be an invitation to bug using.
But I think there are more important things than deleteting the adopts gotten by bug using right now as long as you can't trade them anyway.
And I don't think deleting them yourself changes much. Giving stolen money back doesn't erase the fact you've stolen it.

Serenee, I referred to the "Hiring A Web Developer" thread from yankees.
Main Collections: Sandshrew, Chatot, Lucario, Shellos (blue), Corviknight
Side Collections: Girafarig, Swablu, Joltik, Minccino, Skiddo, Snom
Tombery

Post by Tombery »

Serenee, if we just all erased the ''illegally claimed ones'', it would all be fine, wouldn't it? it's no big deal, so why concerning the admin with this. of course, their might be some people out there that did this with the purpose of keeping them, but i'm kinda certain that it's possible to determine them and giving them a little headbutt up front ^^ but the rest would be quite a load of work that yr wouldn't have to do anymore, so i feel like it's a kind of cooperation to delete them ourselfs :D'' maybe not?

Ryou_Kimura, err... are you seriously comparing an actual reallife crime with this..? Oo
that's taking it a little too far, i think..
Serenee
☆Rainy-chan☆

Post by Serenee »

Hakurymon, well I don't really want to discuss now whether it's enough/ok to delete them, I believe the mods, admin or whoever will take care of this whole issue. ;)

Ryou_Kimura, ah okay ^^ that explains it.
ImageImageAdoptable
Tombery

Post by Tombery »

Serenee, when i read some opinions in this thread, i feel like a criminal ^^ but i was the first one to comment on this bug, so i was originally thinking of myself more like a troubleshooter than a buguser. there are people in this world that get paid for doing things like this.
but yes, the discussion is not really going to take us anywhere, at least as long as it is just us regular users.

anyways, i tried it, reported, and deleted the bug-adopts. i am content.
Ryou_Kimura
Daisuki Bruno-Chan

Post by Ryou_Kimura »

Hakurymon, ...that was an example...
I just wanted to say deleting them doesn't change the fact the bug was used. Known or unknown. (Guess you overread in my first comment "...except of the first few ones...")
Maybe I sound serirous...because I am serious. I hate it when people abuse rules or break them. No matter where. And I hate the fact that some people think in the internet they can do whatever that want without any rules. That's wrong.

Btw., it's already the admins concern. You were told to not delete them and wait until they take care of this matter.
'helping him' now sounds more like a cheap excuse for using the bug.
But that's not our thing anymore.
Yankees will deal with it soon.

And I really hope it's more than only deleting the illegal obtained ones.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I think we need to lighten up about this. We do not always read every single thing on about a promo, nor do we always read the forum, we just see them and go for the link. Also, English is not the first language of everyone here. For the most part, a lot of people just got one of each one......and I believe it is reasonable that people would think they get one of each.
There are only a few instances showing now, where people kept going and going.
Also, we do not ALL know that Yankees is too busy now, but it seems an easy solution to it would have been to just delete ALL the ones claimed before, and then fix the bug to allow users to take only one of one of the promos.
I only got prompted to look for other discussion when I started getting multiple offers, including one that looks suspiciously like a multi account, and so I deleted my trades for them (me trying to trade for more, not trading extras)
Adoptable
Ryou_Kimura
Daisuki Bruno-Chan

Post by Ryou_Kimura »

49ER, but they've been untradable when I looked for them?
Geez. You can't undo all trades which have been done I guess.
I remember a different bug abuse and it was the same. That means you can't just delete all adopts which have been claimed, legal or illegal, because people who traded for them gave away something they wouldn't get back and would lose what they traded for and be punished for something they didn't do. Because of his fact, that bug abuse was like...ignored? At least offically. I don't know if something was done later.
If all can be made undone, maybe that's one reason why it takes so much time. But I don't really think so...
(Btw. I think nearly everyone understands 'pick 1' even without knowing much english and it's not to much expected to read the post the link is in or the one after it)

That's why I suggested to make all promos like this untradable for a day from the beginning.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

They were tradeable for at least the first hour or so that I saw, because I saw one being traded, AND I got offers of them on my trade lots.

But most of the people that got one of each are long time, reputable, honest players and the ones posting about this are just trying to do the right thing.

And this is not the first time, nor the last time I will probably grab a promo without reading all about it. I tend to have belief that they are coded to work as they should and if they don't, it will be corrected.
Adoptable
Nery
Coffee Freak

Post by Nery »

49ER wrote:They were tradeable for at least the first hour or so that I saw, because I saw one being traded, AND I got offers of them on my trade lots.
yep, they were tradeable for some hours after they were released... I also got some offers with primal groudon + primal kyogre.

but we should wait what yankees says ^^
Virtuadopt Click-Box
Collecting: Seel, Dewgong, Houndour, Houndoom, Abandoned Mimikyu and Anpu Houndoom
(Future Gens: Gothorita, Deerling, Klink, Cofagrigus, Archen, Mimikyu)
Ryou_Kimura
Daisuki Bruno-Chan

Post by Ryou_Kimura »

49ER, Well, than the non-readers can be happy we have no hidden viruses in our VA links...meaning you should always read before clicking on a link. I guess everyone knows that....normally.

It's not good to hear that they have been tradedable.
GTS was my first station when I read about the bug. Because I didn't wanted things to repeat themselves...thus I know how complicated it is to make trades undone. Last time that was the problem. Who can say how much have been traded, from who and if it was okay or not?
I really hate things like this...

I have no big problem with the first few users who had the bug and reported it here, if they got one of each they probably didn't know for sure it was one until others posted about it, too and wondered about it.
I'm angry with alle the ones who took advantage of the bug after it was already 100% clear it was a bug.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Ryou_Kimura, yes, there were some who went overboard on it, but that is very few people, based on what I see in the dex on these. I do not know if anyone actually did trades with them, with the exception of the one I mentioned is possibly a multi account holder.
It seems like nobody cares about that issue, which seem to be a recurring theme whenever there are new freebies on the site. And it has been my experience that my reports of that fall on deaf ears.
But yeah, it has also been my experience that a lot of people don't read everything, that is nothing new.
Adoptable
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Yankees can still see how many each one claimed by looking at the OT's.

Also I remember that there was a bug like this a while ago, yankee put them all in his account and changed them to normal dex Pokémon so the # availlable was back quite normal.

I also remember that I was banned 3-4 years ago or so for some months because I traded some Christmas Sudowoodo and claimed then another one.

(You could ony have 1 in your account, but if you traded you didn't have one anymore & could claim another one)
My collections:
ImageImageImage