World Cup Contest

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
La Lapras

Re: World Cup Contest

Post by La Lapras »

oh dear... i hate it... and now i had to chose...
since i am a german i have no choice, right?
so this is the first time i will be interested in this sport and hope that germany will win :roll:
Do you see... on the horizon. As peace-ful as can be. Lapras flows like the moving dance....
Of the waves of the great blue sea! Across the sunset... Lapras flows... As peaceful as can be.
Dramaqueen

Post by Dramaqueen »

Actually there are choosen 176 Gligar (Germany) and just 60 Riolu (Argentina), nice rate :D
And I really wish that Germany wins the game, 'cause otherwise I will probably never get the Riolu for my Soecial Dex ^^'
Goodbye VA. Had a great time :)
AquaLucas

Post by AquaLucas »

could have the third place too.
KevinXDE

Post by KevinXDE »

Damn, I feel Germany is going to win but I love more Argentina xD
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
I collect Tentacool, Lotad and Evolutions. Visit my Trade Station
Feel free to PM at any time :3
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

That's a fun idea XD I'm watching the games but I'm not that much into soccer/football. So having something to lose/win will make it a lot more interesting! (I'm hoping for a penalty shootout at the end)

It's hard to decide ... I think germany is getting overhyped because of their last game ... but since I like gligar a lot more, I'm choosing germany anyway :)
Tomoaki
Tauros' leader

Post by Tomoaki »

It's so funny how everyone likes the Riolu Promo better, but choosing Germany because they guess they will win x'D (Or simply because it's their country). Honestly I don't care a bit for soccer and I just hope, that Germany will lose, because then the hype everywhere here will end and it's not annoying anymore ^^' (Couldn't sleep any time when Germany played, because of my *#%&?! neighbours -.-)
But now... I have to hope that they win, because I want both Promos too .3.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
La Lapras

Post by La Lapras »

Tomoaki, lol. i know this problem... who not?!
the last game was realy great. one goal after another, i didn't noticed it that they shot the next one, because there was no break^^

everytime when people sayd germany will lose, they won... hm, what does they say atm?

and if many user use gligar because they are germans... i think VA should become a german side! :P (just a joke^^)
Do you see... on the horizon. As peace-ful as can be. Lapras flows like the moving dance....
Of the waves of the great blue sea! Across the sunset... Lapras flows... As peaceful as can be.
Monstrodolago

Post by Monstrodolago »

vote for germany. they are really progressive in this world cup, i hope that they can win. nothing against argentina, but it's kind of a feeling that will win and it will be nice to some people here to get both promos.
we can only wait and see what will happen...
Miggyway
Mrs. Charming

Post by Miggyway »

I love the Argentina Artwork more, but anyway..Germany~~ :king:
Now germany has to win for me or I will never ever get the Riolou-Promo!! I swear I will be prepaired for the motorcade and I will bear it proudly..`w´
La Lapras

Post by La Lapras »

silly question... after the game and after the winners got the second promo too... will the promos become tradeable or not?
IchiroKazuki
Is it over yet?

Post by IchiroKazuki »

Vote for Germany. Argentina just play really bad this entire Word cup. Lucky Goal against Belgium. They got lucky Yesterday against the Netherlands. Last match was a deserved win because the match was in balance both teams played at there best. Despite that Holland was the only team that wanted to play. But too bad they lost.
Adoptable
Autumn Zephyr

Post by Autumn Zephyr »

I'm voting for Germany. Personally, I think their promo is cooler.

I won't cry for you, Argentina!
Wait, something ain't right here...
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
zebert26

Post by zebert26 »

Germany all the way
Sir Auron
.: Firesoul :.

Post by Sir Auron »

Germany <3333

I´m vote for my Location ;D
Junior Tycon

Post by Junior Tycon »

IchiroKazuki wrote:Vote for Germany. Argentina just play really bad this entire Word cup. Lucky Goal against Belgium. They got lucky Yesterday against the Netherlands. Last match was a deserved win because the match was in balance both teams played at there best. Despite that Holland was the only team that wanted to play. But too bad they lost.
^ THIS. I am still not over the Netherlands losing to Argentina.
ImageImage
~Innoficial helper - Spanish Dept.~
Avatar/Mega Banette/Totodile: allyssonlovesowlcity@deviantart
pichu116

Post by pichu116 »

Woot I picked the gliscor.. not a fan of riolu but I still would like Germany to win.. so I can get both
Adoptable ImageAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Zoka

Post by Zoka »

What's up with this soccer madness? When the ice hockey world championship was going on, no one gave a damn. :I (Though the final was a friggin' joke and the victory really went to the referees but whatever.)

I disapprove. The hockey nutty in me cannot accept this.

Picked Germany though if that matters.... :I
ChiipS

Post by ChiipS »

ChiipS wrote: Bem, espero que isto seja visto de uma maneira boa. Estou apenas fazendo isto como um desabafo, para que isto não fique preso em mim. No dia da derrota do Brasil para a Alemanha eu fiquei irritado, mas não pelo 7x1, mas sim pelas pessoas que realmente não tem esse patriotismo que foi demonstrado durante toda a Copa do Mundo, cantando "PÁTRIA AMADA BRASIL" nos estádios e em casa, e simplesmente pelo time perder começam a jogar toda essa demonstração fora. Ontem enquanto assistia o jornal local eu vi uma coisa que me deixou realmente triste, foi feita uma comparação da chegada da seleção a Granja Comary, e durante as vitórias o ônibus quase não conseguia passar de tantas pessoas aguardando a seleção, e então depois de tudo, no ultimo jogo, no máximo umas 10 pessoas estavam aguardando, e então somente porque a seleção não fez um bom jogo que de nada valeu todos o momentos de alegria que eles nos proporcionaram durante a Copa?

Não sei como isso foi repercutido pelo mundo, mas antes da Copa começar muitos protestos foram feitos para que a mesma fosse cancelada, e depois que tudo começou, pareceu que tudo fora feito muito bem. Não sei como será o país depois da Copa, mas espero que seja pelo menos o mínimo melhor do que era antes. E em meio a tantas reclamações que me pareciam inúteis, eu vi uma pessoa (não me lembro a nacionalidade dela) que estava comparando algumas coisas no Brasil com outro países, e então eu vi que o Brasil não é um lugar tão ruim, e depois disso eu parei para pensar e ainda vi que um lugar que nenhuma catástrofe natural aconteça (terremotos, tsunamis, furacões), e que tenha um clima agradável (nem sempre é muito frio ou muito calor), e com tantas riquezas, eu sei que o Brasil pode ser o melhor o país para se viver. (Mesmo tento alguns deslises com desvios de verbas, mal comando, mas isso eu ainda tenho esperanças de que pode ser mudado).

E ainda assim, depois de um 7x1, 8x1, 9x1, 5000x1, ainda tenho o orgulho de dizer: "EU SOU BRASILEIRO, COM MUITO ORGULHO, COM MUITO AMOR!!"

I apologize for writing in English, but that's my honest rant the Brazilian for the Brazilian people. And accept the warning That Can Be Given to me (since I have not respected the rule, I apologize for it again).

And I'm sad that Brazil does not have its promo. I had the desire for something bigger was made as a promo for each participating country, but it was not what happened, and yet still glad that the simpler it is the VA did some event on the World Cup in Brazil.

And sorry again for the rant, but it needed to be done so I could at least share my feeling for it does not become a bad thing in me.

Thanks to Sarkany by the image group
[Click Box I] • [Click Box II] • [Shiny Box] • [TradeStation]
COLLECTING: Lapras, Azumarill, Castform, Mamoswine, Galvantula and Goodra
LIMITED: Lights Mamoswine, Rotom

Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

ChiipS, I just translated your text with google and I think I got what you mean.
Like I said, I'm not really a soccer person, but I thought that it was pretty sad to see people leaving the stadium even before the game was actually over. I don't get how people can run around with painted faces and be totally obsessed with their team ... and as soon as they lose they're ashamed and angry. I mean ... either you like your team or you don't, but only liking it when it's winning is kind of stupid. If you REALLY are a person that loves your country you should do so especially when it's not on top.
So it's cool to see that you're still proud of Brazil :)

I'm not sure why you posted this on VA ... I don't know if it's the right place, since there aren't that much Brazilians here. But after reading your post I got the idea that it might be nice to have a special brazilian promo aswell. I mean ... if we already got world cup promos anyway, it would be cool having one for the country the whole thing is taking place in. :)
Mina-chan

Post by Mina-chan »

Cyrrior, I agree with this 100%! Would be awesome to see the host country getting a promo, too. :)