Monthly Event Discussion

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
MrQuaza

Re: Monthly Event Discussion

Post by MrQuaza »

49ER wrote:Also I don't get why there are so few, and then 2 or 3 people get 8 or more. We had 2 different breeds and yet it was a total of 83 shinies. I usually see over 100 just for one breed
I think people focused on finding eggs, playing crops and hangman for last few days so only a few people used C.E. which is kinda the only way to lvl the eggs.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

49ER wrote:Also I don't get why there are so few, and then 2 or 3 people get 8 or more. We had 2 different breeds and yet it was a total of 83 shinies. I usually see over 100 just for one breed
People with 8 out of 83?! That's crazy...
My collections:
ImageImageImage
Nery
Coffee Freak

Post by Nery »

I'm a bit confused that there are 42 Shiny Easter Scraggy now... when I checked them last night it was 40 XD

I got no Shinies this time, but I didn't exepted anything... had no time for level my eggs
Virtuadopt Click-Box
Collecting: Seel, Dewgong, Houndour, Houndoom, Abandoned Mimikyu and Anpu Houndoom
(Future Gens: Gothorita, Deerling, Klink, Cofagrigus, Archen, Mimikyu)
Knuseron

Post by Knuseron »

Pokémon Magic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable AdoptableAdoptable
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Haxed by Yankees I imagine...but seriously Knuseron, please look at past monthlies to see what the shiny ratios used to be. Monthly shinies did not used to be so rare that people have to give dex shinies to trade for them. I can honestly say that this month 3 of us got 25 of the 83 shinues, leaving only 58 for Everyone else. I always tell new people to collect monthly eggs, level them and then trade spare shinies for missing promos, but that seems hard to do now, since they likely won't have spares unless they are 1 of the people that gets 8. Also I will ask again--please fix it so we can level them in yarolds. Ecco is an administrator there and could talk to you about the issue. I am told that it is an easy fix. The upside is if people see V A adopts there, they may be tempted to join here, which is what we need
Adoptable
Knuseron

Post by Knuseron »

We'll never know, I guess :)

As for the shinies from monthlies .. well, look at it this way .. for a monthly to have a CHANCE at becoming a shiny, it has to heave some levels. The more levels it has the higher the chance for it to become shiny. Common knowledge I believe.
I won't go into details on specific numbers, for obvious reasons, but looking at monthlies from past, there were a LOT more adopts that were fairly high level. These two monthlies? NONE were above level 750, hence lower chances of becoming shiny at the point of hatching which resulted in low ratio of shinies.

Now, I do realize that this is partially because of VA not playing nice with yarolds. I haven't look into this personaly yet. I may, but I promise nothing. I may not even have enough access to VA to be able to do anything about this. We'll see :)
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable AdoptableAdoptable
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Thank you for that Knuseron...we basically have no chance at higher levels than what we are getting now otherwise, unless you lower the level requirements to have a chance at shinies.
Adoptable
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

Well. First of all, there aren't as many eggs adopted now as with "past monthlies", so it's natural that there aren't as many shinies as well. Plus, as you stated, Yarolds isn't working anymore as it used to to help level the adopts. Let's compare some numbers: the very first monthlies have a number of around 7000. Winter '10 have 10000 (!), summer '12 monthlies have 6000. Fall '13 have 5000. Fall '14 still has 4000. Easter '17 monthlies are only 2000. The number of shinies is around the same percentage so nothing has changed, really. It's always between 1-3%, the current monthlies with 2% a good middle.

The fact that people "have to trade shinies for monthly shinies" is solely because people ask for that huge amount and people offer it. When monthlies started, the trading ratio has been random:monthly = 1:3-4. Now it's the other way around. The majorities' opinion of a monthly's worth has changed with new users. For me, having experienced the beginning, giving away a shiny for a monthly shiny is ridiculous. But that's only my opinion and people are free to trade whatever they want. However, that change didn't occur because shiny monthlies have gotten rarer. It's because users started to ask for shinies, and they get shinies, and that changed the whole view of monthlies' worth.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

I agree with you there for sure a-chan, about the trading. Unfortunately people do over offer on trades (myself included) and once that happens, then it is hard to get a "fair" trade.
But yarolds USED to be a lot busier which is why those kind of levels were possible. Today I doubt that I could get to 2000 even with yarolds. Also there was no limit on eggs so there were a lot more monthlies period. And more users at both sites.
Adoptable
Postalpikachu
The Postal Queen

Post by Postalpikachu »

Now I have to say - as one of the people who got 7 shinies of them, that I worked VERY hard for it. I know I was one of the first people to adopt the first egg as I bumped into it less than 2 minutes from the release (It took a minute to run through the house and shout at my kids there were new monthlies Lol!). It was in the click exchange less than a minute after that... and Yarolds a minute after that. I posted a *Please feed my Virtuadopt eggs or they won't grow in my dynasty signature* I averaged 5-10 clicks an egg a day from yarolds. Yes - that really blows - but it was still between 75-150 extra I gained per egg. I had the highest leveled eggs... I clicked in the click exchange every day for the first 12 days between 1000-4000 clicks a day. I made sure I clicked my eggs every day - which is up to 14 more clicks per egg. and I clicked my click buddies ( the ones who stayed with me even though I have not been very active) which gained me another 5 clicks a day per egg that way. I set my alarm clock early before work to get eggs, I ran up to the library on my lunch break to get more. It was very hard and time consuming to do what I did.... and yes there is more - but I have rattled on enough.

The discouragement that you feel is what I have felt the last 2 monthly releases when I got next to nothing and did the same things as I have just listed above. That I got 7 this time, all I can say is that I was REALLY overdue because the RNG goddess Hates me.

EDIT: my highest leveled egg was 781, and had I put it in the daycare - it would have been over 1000.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Postalpiachu what is "daycare"? I have never heard of that for VA, other than being a place to breed eggs, I know it means something else on other sites.
I agree that grabbing them ASAP seems to help, at least to get some in CE before it gets overcrowded, but it sometimes takes a few hours/days before people know.
The problem is 99 percent of yarolds users do not do individual clicks, they do snaplinks, which makes quick feed not work.
Adoptable
Postalpikachu
The Postal Queen

Post by Postalpikachu »

Yes, I meant what I said - Daycare Center - that place you put pokemon in to breed eggs. Monthlies will level up in there.
Pokemon Knight

Post by Pokemon Knight »

Postalpikachu wrote:Yes, I meant what I said - Daycare Center - that place you put pokemon in to breed eggs. Monthlies will level up in there.
Actually that wouldn't be a bad idea for 2 week monthlies
If you put 2 in the daycare the whole time they would get 336 clicks on top of the CE clicks
But you wouldn't be able to breed eggs T.T
If you want something like this VV just PM me ;)
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Oh wow I had no idea you could put eggs in there! Good to know
Adoptable
Glichu

Post by Glichu »

I didn't find the answer on the topic, so maybe I'll repeat the question, sorry for that:
What can I do with collected eggs (I have around 20)? Or it's still a surprise?
AdoptableAdoptable
General amount of hatched shinies: 122
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Glichu, Knuseron answered to Heili on the egghunt thread...there is nothing more to happen with the Easter eggs collected.
Adoptable
Ecco
** TROPIUS **

Post by Ecco »

@Pokemon Knight Thats so weird eggs in daycare lol. Seems buggy
:king: Image :wub:

Collecting:Tropius (Pm me if you have some tropius for trade)
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Yeah I am still boggled...do they get along? And can we use them it on normal eggs? I would be tempted to use on eggs that just need one more click to hatch
Adoptable
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

Glichu wrote:I didn't find the answer on the topic, so maybe I'll repeat the question, sorry for that:
What can I do with collected eggs (I have around 20)? Or it's still a surprise?
You got the Articuno Chickens for the eggs. That was the only purpose of them.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

Ecco wrote:@Pokemon Knight Thats so weird eggs in daycare lol. Seems buggy
can you imagine? eggs breeding eggs. i wish that function existed ;p
what would hatch out of them, i wonder? more eggs, maybe.
Adoptable