Looking for Moderators v2

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Looking for Moderators v2

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

Since the old topic is full of old applications, we felt we needed to make a new one. If you want to be a moderator here, fill out the form below.

Fill out this form:

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Your timezone:[/b]
[b]Why do you want to be a staff here?[/b]
[b]Any experience in modding?[/b]
[b]Any additional benefits/skills?[/b]
Forms not filled out properly will be disregarded. Filling the form does not grant you an automatic place in our team. You can only post once, do not PM me about becoming a mod.
GOGOGO
Bloodangel
Vampire of Darkness

Re: Looking for Moderators v2

Post by Bloodangel »

Username:Bloodangel
Your timezone:CET
Why do you want to be a staff here?
because I would like to help other users, as far as I can. Furthermore, support the team, because I know of forums. Had one for years even. At the moment I still have a forum for some players from My Free Zoo. So I am familiar with forum software and its bugs :)

Any experience in modding?
so many years, with my own, and also I was a moderator in a forum
any years Moderator by Knuddelds

Any additional benefits/skills?
Create graphics, forum building and maintenance and above code
Trouble-shooting, homepage creation
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

- - - - - -
Adoptable
KopierKatze
La vie en rose.

Post by KopierKatze »

Username:

KopierKatze

Your timezone:

CET

Well, I've been here for four years now and I met a bunch of very nice people, I can even call them friends and the last events were very emotional, very funny. Even tough I had to get up at 2 am to be part of it.
In my opinion it was the best event ever since and I want to help make VA more close in the future.

Of course, I was part of the moderator team of lots of Pokémon pages when I was a bit younger. I've been updating the page, it was easy HTML, so nothing in comparison to VA, but still. And I've been mod in the chat, too. We had to solve arguments and calm the community down, when it went wild from time to time.
I also learned a lot about people in general and how to be neutral in every case.

I am studying communication Design at the moment and will learn some useful things concerning designing and drawing.
I know some HTML and PHP, but I guess most important is that I grew up the last years and got calmer.
Now I feel like I'm really ready to be a moderator here.
ChiipS

Post by ChiipS »

Username:
ChiipS

Your timezone:
UTC - 4

Because I love the game, and I think the help of moderators who are scattered all over the planet (in various countries) aid in the development of it, I also think that not having experience in this kind of work, I can quickly learn about the function assigned to me. Well after all, be a site moderator seems to be pretty cool, since I will contribute to a hobby that I love being able to make this become fun listening to suggestions and trying, if chosen, make them reality and I am, whenever I can, online.

No, but I can quickly learn how to do it.

Well I can not financially, but I can do the creative part, creating events, entertainment extras, and maybe some new project.

Thanks to Sarkany by the image group
[Click Box I] • [Click Box II] • [Shiny Box] • [TradeStation]
COLLECTING: Lapras, Azumarill, Castform, Mamoswine, Galvantula and Goodra
LIMITED: Lights Mamoswine, Rotom

Marcelo Rocha

Post by Marcelo Rocha »

Username:: Marcelo Rocha
Your timezone:: UTC −3

I love this game,
I look for something that interests me both virtually and mentally, because it is very boring you stand in front of the computer all day looking for something new, I wanted to help as I may I can help make events, give some suggestions where to improve, and to take care those users "outlaw".
Other reason? Respect and power.
I will help where I can!

No,but I know how it works.

Financially I cannot ... I am creative I can make super cool events, I can do so much more you ask me.

-- II --

Thanks, waiting for your reply.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mithos
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Post by Mithos »

Username:
Mithos

Your timezone:
GMT +1:00

Why do you want to be a staff here?:
I thought a lot about that question since this one demands the most counting answer. I'm a member since the very beginning. I don't want to imply this fact makes me wiser or a better choice than anyone else. Primarily, it means I do really know very much about this site. I do know quite everything about Virtuadopt, since I'm not only a huge Pokemon fan, but I was present in the process in which this site developed.

I was able to give feedback to help improving the game, ask questions about new game techniques and report bugs to improve those techniques. Since I had those chances, I want to make sure other people after me have them too.

And therefore I am really interested in doing this job. In my opinion I would do a great job, since I consider myself intelligent, calm and sensitive. I'm not the kind of person who enrages even if there are some tricky situations. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound arrogant, but in my opinion one of the most counting qualities should be that one is able to cope with very hard circumstances even if they seem desperate.
In real life, my mathmatical talent combined with sensitive humanity really helped me to solve even the trickiest situations. (That is why I think I really fit in)

All in all I really want to be staff here to help, to improve, to give answers where no one can give and help to keep the site online. From the bottom of my heart, I'm willing to help and that should be the most counting aspect :)

Any experience in modding?:
I've been a Moderator for three years now in a Chat of a big Pokemon Forum in Germany. I really did learn a lot about being a Superior and how one should behave as one, but since the Chat nowadays is quite inactive, I'm searching for new challenges.

Any additional profits?:
As I already said, I'm very patient, kind and calm when it is about answering questions, talk with Users and so on.

Mentioned above, I am very good at finding solutions in desperate situations.
For 7 years I have been in a theatre group. Therefore I have learned to work in a team and help each other. It is necessary to have good communication basis upon which everyone is talking. Communication is the Alpha and Omega in every workgroup. Since I have some very good friends in the Mod Team already, I think I do have a good basis. :)

In addition, for 2 year now, I have been a co-organizer for a huge event in Berlin. In winter holidays, we simulate Hogwarts in a youth centre for children and youngsters (as well as for 18+ it seems ;) ). Since I'm one of the main game masters (if you can call it so), and I was in charge to handle and coordinate a group of 100 people in ogranization workshop, theatre workshops and the event itself, I'm really familiar with coordinating and organizing such events/happenings. (I'm not allowed to post a link since there are rules who prohibit to advertise but if you want to know more, I can give you a link; just for your comprehension: In this one week of holidays, we have like 10,000 visitors over the week :) )

This may sound weird but one of my profits is that I am male. I don't mean that women do any worse job or so, that's not what I want to imply. All our moderators do a great job, thats for sure. I just mean that a few more guys would help to bring new horizons into the team. I hope one understands my concern.

Another fact is that I am strongly interested in fair, righteous and equal treatment. Neither sex, nor ethnical background, nor political interest, nor friend or foe should make any difference in passing a judgement on somebody. Abiding by the rules is the only matter of fact. Of course one should always consider the individual case but equal treatment for abiding by the same rules is essential.

I think it is not a disadvantage to be another German Mod since there are a lot of German people on this site. So I can even help them with my native language even better. But I am also able to help English people since I'm speaking/writing fluently english. :)

This is one large text but I hope that you understand my interest in this :) I would be very grateful for considering my post and wouldn't disappoint you.

Sincerely, Mithos
Last edited by Mithos on December 8th, 2013, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Eule

Post by Eule »

Username:

Rivaille

Your timezone:

CET

Well, first reason is to help the people around here. I love this game and of course I want that new users love it too. I want learn much more then I have yet, I need a challenge. And I want to help VA become better and bigger.
I know much about Pokemon. I'm often online to check website and forum and have really much fun here. I just want to bring joy to everyone here. And the VA Rules.

I've been moderator of some little Pokèmon websites a while ago. I had a own Animeforum and I've spent lots of years as chatmoderator. Actually, the only moderation job I have now don't satisfy me any more. I need a new challenge.

-I'm very patient, kind, fair and really forced to help users and team stuff similarly. People often says I'm good to gather all people together.

-I have many life experience, I know to calm down people and do a neutral decision.

-I know how to use Photoshop. In my freetime I create little graphics and banners.
Xiah
queen of old times

Post by Xiah »

Username:
Su-licious

Your timezone:
CET

Well, I've been here for some years and I tried a lot to help people, that are new or have other problems, that had to be solved. Of course I can't help with the coding problems, but with questions, that consider normal pokemon/Va facts.
I know a time, where I was warned, because I co-moderated, which is not allowed. This was the time, where I got a little less active in the forums, because at the beginning I didn't understand why. But with the time I was thinking about it and recognized, that this was right. It's not my terretory to tell some people, that they should stop spamming or that they're posting in the wrong topic and so on. I mean I made it not to annoy the mods, I just wanted to help, but I understand, that they don't want other users to make this, because it's their remit.
This gives you maybe not the brightest light on me, but I just wanted to tell this, because I wanted to show, that with the time I shew more understanding to the job of the moderators.
I may not posting a lot in the forums at the time, but I read through a lot of topics and try to help, if I can. And I think helping is one of the priority doings of a mod.
I also may not be the best in english grammar, but I always try to be as understandable as I can. And of course I help other people with my motherlanguage(german), if they ask for help and don't have the courage to ask a mod, because their english isn't so good. So I can work in two languagefields as well.

Sadly no. But I think, that I can handle these things.

I studied in the last years the master of Lectureship (so I become a teacher in the future) and in this study I also learned a lot about natural behaviour of pupils, adults and stuff like this to prevent discussions to go to far. And I think, that I can use this knowledge to prevent escalations in the topics, because we have a high count of underage users, pupils, here, that need help with some normal problems like the question of evolving some pokemon or help because they may have problems with other users and don't want this to escalate.
Also I'm a creative person. May I'm not as good as Nautilus or UkeSora in drawing pokemon, but I can give ideas for stories or other things to help the team to organize new events.
BvVeen
Congratz! Master

Post by BvVeen »

Username:
BvVeen

Your timezone:
CET

From the moment when I joined VA I love the concept of VA. I would like to help new people introducing on VA so they will get a chance to see the nice things of VA. I also would like to help other people out who have questions or who have suggestions for improvement. I am highly interested in thinking forwards for improving VA in the near future as far as possible off course.

I have been the moderator of the crewforum at http://www.bondscoachspel.nl for several years. There were 3 main tasks, namely answering questions about crews, organizing contests and at last but not least keep an eye at the forum. I think the size of the game was equally to the size of VA. I think it’s a great indication of my skills in modding.

Volunteer work (organizing skills
Actually I do a lot of volunteer work to help the community. Here are some examples:
- Treasurer at the tabletennisclub, which means I am in control of the financial administration and I can participate in decisions of the board.
- Organizing a tennistournament for the youth with over 150 participants! I am in control of the total preparation and execution during the playing week. During the week I will get some help from volunteers, mainly parents. I am in the lead and I have to take the important decisions.
- Organizing toss evenings at the tennisclub, which means people come to play doubles and I will make the schedule for the evenings in rounds of half an hour.
- Supporting other people with different events, like tennistournaments.
- In the past I have organised a tabletennistournament in the christmas holliday for kids of the primary school. We had about 100 participants.

Personality
I’m very easygoing and I can communicate well with other people. It’s in my nature that I would like to help people. Never say no is one of the things I have heard the most of other people talking about me.

Thanks for giving the opportunity to introducing ourselves for this function :)
TsukinoRan
魂を放浪

Post by TsukinoRan »

Username:
TsukinoRan

Your timezone:
GMT+1

I think that it is clear that I want to help people out everywhere I can, be it through answering questions or giving them adopts for free.
So, it comes naturally to me to try applying.
Also, helping the staff out is something that comes as a natural reaction to that;
since I really enjoy the website and all of its events, even though they are tricky at times.
For me, VA is like a big family and I found quite some friends and even my boyfriend over this website.
Furthermore, I do respect the staff for all of their hard work they do, although I am sure that most of it is done in the background, unseen to normal users.
Though I don't write that much in the forum sometimes, I'm a dilligent reader of most of the topics and know how to voice my criticism, if needed. I'm not that good in giving new ideas, but I can plan them out if I get one to work on.
Also, I do know quite a bit about VA since I have been around here for 4 years now; and I'm trying to keep up-to-date with the general Pokémon franchise (so mostly the videogames and the TCG).

Yes. For the past 2 years, I've been modding a small circle dedicated to VA on a relatively big german website, and I certainly improved my knowledge about modding there.
Before that, I have been co-leading and moderating some guild-forums from various games for about 5 years until they either disbanded or were closed for some reason. I also did organize some in-game events whilst with these guilds and it takes a lot of patience to get about 50 people in a TS channel to listen to you.

Due to the modding experience I wrote about before, I taught myself quite a bit of html, javascript and a tiny piece of .css; since some events of this circle are being held on an external website.
Additionally, I did go on a further training as a mediator due to my work. I do already have plenty of real life experience with it, as being a nurse for the elderly can be stressy sometimes, and I got to experience enough conflicts directed at me or my colleagues that I was able to solve with mediation. Also, I think I can deal with aggressive behaviour quite nicely because of that and can also be strict, if the need arises to.
Due to having to mediate at work I can also see both sides of an argument easily, and try to solve such situations fairly for everyone. No one gets judged before I hear them out.
I'm also quite patient, which certainly helps in complicate situations, and thus, I can answer the same questions anew every time they are asked again.
I'm also quick in making decisions and organizing further things if it need be, mostly because of doing nightshifts at my work, where in the case of an emergency one moment of hesitation can decide over a life-and-death situation and I'm the one responsible for about 150 inhabitants and 2 colleagues then.
Also, I'm quite dedicated to helping people, which does come in handy most of the times; and therefore, I'm also dedicated to solving problems and don't back away from them.
As for the financial aspect: I guess that I don't have to talk about it, since my financial help will always be there when the need arises and I never had problems in the past with just donating enough money to keep the servers up and ad-free.
In my free-time, I also translate papers or scripts for colleagues and friends and am always eager to help whatever they need help with.