Guest Artist Applications! - REOPENED!

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
Ellie
HBIC

Guest Artist Applications! - REOPENED!

Post by Ellie »

Hello lovely VA users,

We are now accepting applications for a new position, called Guest Artist. Here is what the position entails:

-You will work with us for a short period of time making a few adoptables for us. After you have finished, you will no longer draw for us unless we need you again and you have time/want to do it.

-You will not be staff or have access to the staff forum, but you will have a different color for your name and a different secret forum to communicate on projects. Any communication about future projects (such as what you are drawing or any other secret information) is not to be shared with anyone else, or else you will lose your position and be permanently banned. You will keep the special name/title and forum access even after you have finished our requests.

-You will be expected to provide several quality artworks for us within a fairly short time period when you are hired, so please do not apply if you do not have time right now.

-If you have the time, provide artwork to our satisfaction, and we decide we need a new one, you may be accepted as an Official Artist. This is not a guarantee, however, and don't let that possibility affect whether you enter or not. If you produce good artwork but do not have the time for an official artist position, we would still love to have you for a guest artist :)

In order to apply, you must submit at least one VA-style artwork (230x230 pixels, transparent background and 100x100 pixels, transparent background) to [email protected] (don't send me viruses or spam or you're permabanned). You have 14 days to submit, so make sure your entries are in by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on September 16th. Include your VA username somewhere in the email. If you want you can include a statement about why you want the position, experience you have, or anything else that may help me decide, but it's not required and won't hurt you if you don't.

All entries must be 100% your own work and must never have been posted anywhere else on the Internet. Furthermore, by sending anything to this email address as an entry, you are giving us the full permission to use the artwork and/or concept as we see fit.

Also please note that this is more like an interview, not a contest, and there are no prizes for winning or sending in entries. I will also likely be picking multiple people for new projects, but this is not guaranteed, it will depend on the quality of entries and the amount of art the winner(s) can produce.

Good luck and I can't wait to see your submissions! Feel free to email the address or PM me on here if you have any questions.
Spoiler:
Please click box 1 & sig!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Trading Box 13 for Clefairy/Easter Exeggcute/Xmas Sudowoodo
Trade
Yarold's
Ellie
HBIC

Re: Guest Artist Applications!

Post by Ellie »

Quick correction - 230x230 pixels for large artworks, not 250x250.
Spoiler:
Trade
Yarold's
Rekha

Re: Guest Artist Applications!

Post by Rekha »

Eek! *Wills her new table to get here NAO!* Three days... Here's hoping that my tablet arrives in the mail very soon. If not I guess I will work on something with my icky dying tablet to get something sent in by the due date! *Squeals with excitement and races off*

EDIT:

Squee! It came today! Huzzah! Now to work on something super special!

EDIT #2:

Yay! Something super special has been sent in. Now, here's hoping! *Fingers crossed*

Good luck to everyone who has or is sending something in!!
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
Pika pi, pikachu!
Ellie
HBIC

Re: Guest Artist Applications! - REOPENED!

Post by Ellie »

ATTENTION

We did not receive very many applications for this. We feel it was poor timing since many people may have been on vacation and such. Therefore, now that summer is over for most people, we are reopening the applications. If you have not applied, you now have 2 weeks to submit. If you already applied, we will be considering the applications at the end of this period, we just wanted some more people to enter before making any choices.
Spoiler:
Trade
Yarold's
Rekha

Post by Rekha »

good luck everyone
Pika pi, pikachu!
Akemie

Post by Akemie »

I would like to get a guest artist but I don't have much time because I am in the last year of school :(
Adoptable Image Adoptable
ImageImageImage
pixels by King-Lulu-Deer (DA)
Yuki Sora

Post by Yuki Sora »

no extend for the day?
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

Yuki Sora, you still have time, it ends tonight PST!
Adoptable
Rekha

Post by Rekha »

Oh yeah there is still time! Get it in before the day is done... should be midnight me thinks.
Pika pi, pikachu!
Apple_Mint

Post by Apple_Mint »

i'll join!
next month...
The human who loves Sinnoh pokemons and all legendaries
Plays Minecraft, Kirby, Pokemon, and Maplestory
Reads Warriors and Homestuck
Watches Attack on Titan, Kirby, Pokemon, and Running Man
Uploads things on dA
http://www.applemintarts.deviantart.com/