Why Exactly Is Ditto So Restricted? Why can't babies evolve?

Have any questions regarding Virtuadopt? Ask here!
Karasume

Why Exactly Is Ditto So Restricted? Why can't babies evolve?

Post by Karasume »

Title.

I don't really understand why, when it causes a ridiculous amount of pokemon to be unbreedable. I wanted to make a suggestion thread, but I found I had no clue why it was that way in the first place.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Re: Why Exactly Is Ditto So Restricted? Why can't babies evolve?

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I'm really glad that you mentioned that, actually. I've always wondered the same thing- though generally I think it's accepted that if ditto was able to breed with Pokemon it would be too easy. Though, I think a simple fix to that would just simply making the chances to receive an egg from a couple that includes ditto lower than if you had a couple of the same Pokemon species.

I haven't looked too far into the baby Pokemon thing- but I can say that I agree nonetheless. Babies not being able to evolve makes it impossible to breed for a Shiny Pokemon that has a baby form( assuming you want a shiny form of the later evolutions)