Miscellaneous updates. Read!

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.

Do you want to block feeding of multiple Virtuadopts at the same time?

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 575
stefanol
soul supreme+

Miscellaneous updates. Read!

Post by stefanol »

Okay, time has come for new updates. I have just added a few new things to Virtuadopt.

1. Mini profile pages. Some people asked to add different types of links to Global Trade Station. In the meantime, other people wanted other kinds of links. I decided, I would create mini-profiles onsite, which allow you to choose what to do with certain users - PM them, view their forum profiles, or view their Virtuadopts. It also gives you insight on when they were last on forums.

The URL is
http://www.virtuadopt.com/profile.php?id=2

where "2" = ID of user. I changed most of the links, leading earlier to forum profiles, to these profiles.

2. Statistics. Profile Function have also Statistics page. When you access profile via
http://www.virtuadopt.com/profile.php
or by simple clicking on your avatar in "profile" right panel, you will gain access to info regarding how many Virtuadopts did you feed, how many items did you buy, how many times you traded etc. It doesn't work backwards, so any activities done in the past do not count.

3. Original Trainer. Now, when you adopt Virtuadopts, they gain your username as Original Trainer name. If you trade them to other people, they will see in Pokemon Center, that you were the first person to adopt them. Simple.

4. Change in Promo winning system. Due to some people abusing current feeding system, I decided to remove javascript popup from feeding pages. Instead, I placed huge banner on top of the site. If you want to win promotional Virtuadopts, you need to pay attention to clicking. You don't have even to scroll down to the bottom, you will see it on the top. It looks like that (click to see in full resolution):
5. Blocking of feeding multiple VAs at once. Also, because of the same reason as earlier, I am considering blocking feeding multiple Virtuadopts at once, still keeping one-stepped feeding. Your opinion counts though, so if most of the people will be against it, I will not change the current system. Keep in mind, that with the current system, some people may gain advantage with outside scripts/bots/plugins/bookmarks, and gain in a while tons of money, while people playing fair would still have to work hard. Why not make chances more equal for everyone?

You may test the preview of current block system. You need to have Javascript enabled. Before you will be able to feed second adoptable, you need to get back to previous page, close the tab, or the window. Your choice. Sometimes you will still be allowed to feed more than one though - depending on some factors. Still, it should block what I dislike - people opening hundreds of feed pages at once, gaining thousands of dollars in a while.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Test, and speak your thoughts on it.

That would be all for now. The ads, that I placed for test time will probably stay, as they bring enough profit to help me cover server costs. If you want to help, feel free to click on the current ads once a day - more clicks, the more effective the ad is :)

Cheers!
ImageAdoptable
Chipmunk

Re: Miscellaneous updates. Read!

Post by Chipmunk »

So you can only see the Username, User ID, Last Seen on and Joined on of the user?

EDIT: I've just seen that new promo redemption page but foolishly closed the tab xD LOL
Give them all a click and reward cookies shall be received!
ImageImageImageImageImage
My entries for the PP Travelling Competition! I need your help!
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

It was meant to be quick site to check basic info on users. You expect more info? It isn't a big problem to add more info on them :)
ImageAdoptable
greywizard2006

Post by greywizard2006 »

Thanks for the updates stefanol. ^_^ Maybe I'll finally be able to get me a promo without worrying about that popup. :twisted:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

stefanol wrote:It was meant to be quick site to check basic info on users. You expect more info? It isn't a big problem to add more info on them :)
It would be awesome if the other users can also how many eggs you've hatched and adopted (see below--i'm too lazy to post 'em all)
Stats Page wrote: Times clicked on Virtuadopts:
Amount of eggs adopted:
Amount of eggs hatched:
Amount of succesful trades:
Promotional Virtuadopts claimed:

Amount of owned Virtuadopts:
Amount of owned unique Virtuadopts:

Amount of items bought from Mart:
• Fire stones bought:
• Water stones bought:
• Thunder stones bought:
• Leaf stones bought:
• Moon stones bought:
• Everstones bought:
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

oh so you mean making stats viewable for everyone? It's a matter of two lines of code... if people want stats public, I will do it that way.
ImageAdoptable
stream
Paranoid ex-Mod

Post by stream »

I would'nt like all of it to be public. :|
Groovy!
Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

How about a poll? :oops:
Joy

Post by Joy »

Wow, lots of new updates. I like how your always adding stuff. :D The profiles/statistics and original trainer feature is nice. :) I don't really like the new way to win promo's and blocking opening of multiple pages. Although I guess I say that because I'm one of the people that likes to open lots of tabs at once. xD
stream wrote:I would'nt like all of it to be public. :|
Or we could have an option, much like the Everstones, where we could choose to show the information or not.
? To who those are wondering about my Pokemon: No, I did not get hacked.
I feel this life is more important than material possessions. ?

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

^ Yep!

They could set it to private or public. Pretty much fair.
stream
Paranoid ex-Mod

Post by stream »

Pokémon wrote:
stream wrote:I would'nt like all of it to be public. :|
Or we could have an option, much like the Everstones, where we could choose to show the information or not.
Sure, it sounds good. =3 But it's all up to Stef.
Groovy!
Kai

Post by Kai »

Yay, updates. =3

I love the profile/statistic stuff. And the new promo banner thingy. Now I have to actually watch my tabs; which gives me something to do. XD -has no life-

I don't care either way for the clicking thing. I'd liked to still be able to open lots of tabs at once, but, then again, if I could only do one at a time, I have something to do. XD I voted no; but I'm happy either way.
Oh, and I tested it with my addon...I don't think it worked. Then I tried it with just right clicking and opening a new tab. That worked. I can test it again once I can click them again, though. Maybe I just did something that didn't make it happen...O.o
ImageImageImage
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable
Staticbill

Post by Staticbill »

Wow, lots of new updates. Just want to say that I appreciate all the work you do stef. As for multiple clicks, I don't really care as I can't do it on my iPod. :•) Thanks again.
Venomoth
Trusted Trader

Post by Venomoth »

Nice updates Stef. Really switching the overdrive switch on :lol:
Adoptable
azusia

Post by azusia »

Stefanol good work. This site is very cool ;)
PLEASE CLICK BOX 1 AND SIGNATURE :D
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Well, people seem to dislike block... and since it's not perfect (you still can open up to ~10 tabs with certain plugin/favs, and not get blocked - it would only work, if you'd open more at the same time; or open them one after another), I maybe will leave it the way it is....

Switch is doable, IMO. I will consider it :)
ImageAdoptable
legend

Post by legend »

Thx for updates stef....i really like the profile one most and the promo Congratz thingy.
Jackulwulf

Post by Jackulwulf »

I personally don't like the idea of blocking the ability to feed more then one adopt, not only because it will take forever to feed pets, especially when people have hundreds on their PC's but also because since it takes so long, I could see a lot of people just not bothering to level up adopts because it will take so long which would mean less clicks for everyone. I know I probably won't level up adopts as much if this is implemented.
ImageImageImageImage
Want some cute bats like these? Click them to follow them to Leupak.com!!
Tanklin

Post by Tanklin »

Woah, i didn't know you could even feed multiply. This will go much quicker. Nice updates too.
Pokem0nmaster2000

Post by Pokem0nmaster2000 »

Wait, feed multiply? So you can give more feeds than one to an adopt in each day?

Or do you mean blocking out levelling all your adopts? Like only being able to feed one adopt a day?