Chinese New Year Event

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
loly27

Chinese New Year Event

Post by loly27 »

I understand we've had promos for the holiday before (I believe it was Chinese Mystical Gyarados as well as a Lantern Chimchar at one point...), but I believe that a Chinese New Year Event would be a lot fun!
Some general ideas for the holiday:
- Like the Zodiac 14' group of pokemon, there could be one for each Lunar Calendar Animal. Like year of the Rooster would be Blaziken, year of the Rat would be Pikachu, and so on and so forth.
- When clicking Virtuadopts, the possibility of earning a Red Pocket Envelope with a randomized sum of money could be inside. (Incentive to click on pokemon and use the click exchange)
- There could be a site wide event which urges all users to contribute to building a dragon costume. In other words, like the plushie event (except that its a sum of the group rather than just using individual items for yourself) you can come across different parts such as felt, paper lanterns, etc., and donate them to a professor. Eventually when enough items are donated, everyone that contributed can get a promo or something.

Just an idea, and I'd love to see ideas for other holidays as well!
Cheers~
Destiny Moon

Re: Chinese New Year Event

Post by Destiny Moon »

like the idea
Credit: TOUYAPocky

I collect: Chinchou, Croagunk, Archen, Frillish, Phantump, Togedemaru, Sandygast
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I like the idea too. I haven't been on VA for such a long time so I don't know if they already did a player cooperation thing.
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Pokemon Knight

Post by Pokemon Knight »

I like the idea
I really like the idea of the dragon costume(the only event I remember was the 2015 one where a group of people had to complete certain tasks like click a certain amount of adopts)

FUN FACT: all the fire starters are based on animals from the Chinese Zoadiac Animals(Dragon = Charmander,Rat = Cyndaquil,Rooster = Torchic,Monkey = chimchar,Pig = Tepig,Dog = Fennekin,Tiger = Litten)
If you want something like this VV just PM me ;)
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

I like the ideas, but unfortunately it's too late to do it now. Coding and drawing need time, but maybe next year :)
I see a problem in the costume idea though, the same as the click task in the group event PokemonKnight mentioned above. Some will click much, some will laze around and let the others do the work. So maybe a fixed amount would be better.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
loly27

Post by loly27 »

Oh yes of course I realize it will take some time, which is why I offered the suggestion a year early in advance haha.
Thank you for all your responses!
A-Chan, I was thinking that maybe in order to participate you have to do a certain activity (such as click 100 virtuadopts), and any more than that will be for bonus prizes.
Cheers~