Updating the raffle & lottery

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
Pokemon Knight

Updating the raffle & lottery

Post by Pokemon Knight »

Updating the lottery:
This is a simple suggestion, showing how many tickets were bought during a drawing

Updating the raffle:
This one is a little out there
Making dex promos appear in rotation and making the time longer
For example for the first month(or couple of weeks) the Kanto birds appear and each one is 8 hours long(so only 30 of each are given out during this period)
That way people who don't have them have a chance of getting them
And maybe the next month Lugia & Ho-oh are available each for 12 hours
This would also work great for special dex promos during their holiday/season
For example Vuldoom/Meowth/juggling Haunter would be available for the week of Halloween and only one of each would be given out in a day(so a total of 21)
This way dex promos wouldn't be common and worth something

So what do you think?
If you want something like this VV just PM me ;)
MrQuaza

Re: Updating the raffle & lottery

Post by MrQuaza »

Hello; I think we need something like this since it is hard to find old promos in these days. Time periods seemed fair to me.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Zombi TR

Post by Zombi TR »

Very Nice Idea, Already many player left this game. Now we cannot be Found old Promos.
aprimadojordao

Post by aprimadojordao »

Updating the raffle is a great idea but i doubt that the old members will agree..
MrQuaza

Post by MrQuaza »

aprimadojordao wrote:Updating the raffle is a great idea but i doubt that the old members will agree..
Well then they should state it. I'm trying to complete my Pokédex since I am back and I have no luck finding Legendary birds, Mewtwo, Dialga etc. With this idea anyone can get that promos from the raffle and trade/keep them. Why would someone disagree this idea? Because it is helpful?
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Yasha

Post by Yasha »

I don't know why older members shouldn't agree, I see no connection there ^^'
I've been here since 8 years and still don't have all older Promos. I would love a way to obtain them via in-game events... (there are hardly any members who have such Promos for trade and even then they ask for equally old Promos or a huge amount of Shinys...)
Want to trade? See my Trade Station or send me a PM.
aprimadojordao

Post by aprimadojordao »

I'm saying that (older members wouldn't like the idea) because the older promos would lose their value.. It's pretty obvious
Most of the people that still has Kanto birds and Mew/Mewtwo will use them to trade for shinys

Of course, this theory doesn't matter at all. If Virtuadopt doesn't want to go full dead there must be some kind of events to find older promos.. At least i hope so :)

Anyway, it doesn't seem that any idea on this sub-forum will go ahead.. The admins are too sleepy on this
Ashy
Lost in a Daydream

Post by Ashy »

Not really against an update. I'd like to see the "normal" Kyurem in the raffle or maybe some (event) promos that haven't had a second release yet. (The Kanto birds and Halloween promos have been re-released two times already as far as I remember. It's not the admins' problem if people aren't willing to trade shinies for it.)

Btw, the admins have jobs and running this website during their free time. They aren't paid for this either, so I understand the lack of updates.
I collect: Steenee, Lurantis, Passimian, Dragonair, Mareep, Gardevoir,
Altaria, Pachirisu, Petilil, Zorua, Gothielle, Joltik, Rufflet, Floette, Amaura, Cursed Gardevoir

Ashy's Tradestation
aprimadojordao

Post by aprimadojordao »

AshtrayHeart wrote:Btw, the admins have jobs and running this website during their free time. They aren't paid for this either, so I understand the lack of updates.
I'm not saying that "it's their job to update" too ^_^ I understand that completely

I was just being realistic, and putting the facts on the table there's no reason to hope for some update in the near future..
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

It's not the old members that are the problem; it's a minority of trade shop owners, which coincidentally also happen to be old members. They feel threatened by any talk of promo re-releases as those events would directly affect the value on their stock that they've been hoarding for years, to try and get that "one special deal" which is typically a very specific shiny or a very rare/old promo. So they'll go out of their way to vocally sabotage any suggestion that even hints at any promo redistribution efforts.

At this point I might as well be considered an old member, whether I wanted it or not. I've always advocated for the fair distribution of standard Pokedex promos for anyone who wants them, whether that be in the present time frame or for new users who choose to join in the future.

I would like to see a modification to the suggestion in the form of the raffle having a wide randomized rotation of old Pokedex promos instead of a shifting rotation of sets each month. That would be less work for the site programmer overall and the wide rotation would encourage site activity since people would have to click on adopts to get the money to buy the tickets. Plus, having the Regi trio back in rotation would make the Regigigas event "functional" again, if you understand what I mean.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
aprimadojordao

Post by aprimadojordao »

Another thing, if you allow my suggestion, the whole thing of getting legendary promos should be, much, very much harder.

I mean, look at Xerneas and Ylveltal for example. Anyone can get any of these for a couple hundred $$$. It simply doesn't require the effort it should do ( IN MY OPINION )
49ER

Post by 49ER »

The xerneas and yvetal have been in raffle for a LONG time now and are way overdue for something new since people are just mainly buying one ticket. I would live to see the normal kyruem put up. As far as rotating old retired primos, if they are 2nd star ines, then the old originals would still carry more value at least for me since I prefer original promos. We also desperately need Summer Kirlia and for Easter, the green psyduck and torchic. They are very rare but are in special dex so those keep people from completing it no matter how hard they work at it
Adoptable
Tango

Post by Tango »

An updated raffle would be fantastic, as currently Yvetal & Xerneas basically have no value as promos considering how cheaply you can come by them. Which is sad! Cause as a new player getting a legendary promo should be a 'wow! I can trade for something good now' -- but those two are really only half-decent at getting some randoms if you find someone that collects them.

This rotating raffle idea would be much better at keeping this from happening, even if it is a cycle for older promos. I'd be completely fine with them all having a 2nd star cause I just want to collect all the things to complete my dex!
Tango's Trade Station
═══════»«═══════
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
═══════»«═══════
Kaede

Post by Kaede »

I wanna push this topic, because I like the idea (and what? I am an old member xD) to rerelease the older Promos. Many people left and even for me its hard to get my dex complete - since years. Its fun at some point to need efford to get something, but this is... well. Its to hard for people who are new and I do not like that fact. Everyone should have the chance to get the promos by themselve (at least a chance every 5 years :'D). Yeah, trading is okay, but it should not be the only way to get the stuff you need for dex.

Ah, what I wanna suggest for lottery: I want an option to save a favorite ticket (so I just need to buy it everytime, because its a lot of efford for me to chose the same pokis everytime again xD but I like to use same tickets for lotteries).
Collections listed in my forum profile.
Jore

Post by Jore »

For Lottery: I'd like to see a box where we can enter a number, so we do not have to spamclick the 'buy random ticket' button for so long (and still win nothing xD)
I have the feeling that spamming the 'buy random ticket' button causes huge traffic for the whole site, but if we want to win the lottery one day, we have to cause it... D:

For Raffle: I agree it would be a great idea to have a kind of automatic rotation here, because the prizes stay for sooo long... their value drops down to exactly $50, that's not what I'd call a 'Promo' anymore :'D
I mean, it's good for people who collect them and I don't want to ruin it for them, but, well, it doesn't feel right to create thousands of Lati D:

This would also be an acceptable (yet not perfect) way to enable everyone to get the other legendaries.
Like Kaede said, trading should not be the only way to get them, it's okay for the special dex, but the regular dex should be possible to complete for everyone, because, well, it's the main goal.
49ER

Post by 49ER »

Well here are a couple of problems with the old legends not being made available again:
1: The last time legendary birds were released, they were for clicking something off site and you had to pm Stefanol to get on it. In my case, my pm was never answered. But I digress. The prize was for 1 only of the shiny versions which were 2nd star ones. There still has not been a 2nd star release of normal versions of those, so it is not unreasonable to ask that those be made available again

2: Most of the users who had hoards of the old legends just plain no longer play VA anymore, so no amount of shinies will be able to be traded for those anyway.

3: I have been playing since 2010, and with the exception of the birds I mentioned above, mew and mewtwo 2nd star, as well as Lugia and Ho-ph 2nd star, I have not seen any other Kanto or Johto legendaries released at all. Plus bunches of old special dex ones that are darn near impossible to get, even with the most generous trade offers, for the same reason I said before. The players that have extras just don't play anymore. I honestly don't know of people here that would object to any of these being released again, at least as a 2nd star thing
Adoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

Truthfully, I think a raffle of this frequency wouldn't be suitable even if this site had 100x the population. Perhaps if it had a rotating pool, it'd be suitable for such a population, but definitely not for single-digit pop. As I said before, I think the Raffle is a broken concept for this site in specific and shouldn't really be here.

I think merging the raffle into the lottery would be a better idea, since the lottery is basically nonexistent. Maybe make it like the real lottery, where getting parts of the sequence correct can get you different tiers of prizes, and the real jackpot is one of the promos. Perhaps that can be on a rotation, but that seems excessive unless it's NOT the jackpot reward.

Just my two-cents.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable