Please implement SSL/TLS security

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
YoshiFan45

Please implement SSL/TLS security

Post by YoshiFan45 »

Hello there.

I found nowhere to directly contact an admin (or anyone that is responsible for how VA works) so I'm going to write it down here on the forum... I apologise if such a way of directly contacting an admin does exist, but I could not find one.

I also apologise if this is in the wrong sub-forum. I wasn't sure whether it belonged to Bugs, Ideas & Suggestions, or the Help Section. My issue is a bit of all of these, actually.

Originally, I found out about Virtuadopt because I saw a few Virtuadopts on a friend's profile on a German Pokémon forum (Bisaboard.de). I wanted one of my own so I collected an egg, and implemented it on my own profile on that forum for visitors to take a few steps with. It worked fine at first.
Some days ago, I noticed that the Virtuadopt started showing up as a broken file, and so did my friend's Virtuadopts. I thought "well, maybe VA has some server trouble...", so I let it slide. But once it didn't get better, I panicked a bit... thus I created my VA account and linked my egg to the account. That did nothing. But strangely, my egg as well as my Chikorita that I chose as a starter would show up fine if I opened the images directly on my browser.
After that, I asked the staff at Bisaboard and they told me that they recently made a change and, in order for an image to show up on the forum, it must come from an encrypted connection. Since connections from VA are not encrypted, images will show up as broken...
Here's the response (in German) if you would like to see for yourself.
https://www.bisaboard.de/index.php/Thre ... ost6646304

Now, I think I am likely the only one in this forum that is also a member of Bisaboard. I really do not intend to sound selfish and I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but... is there a chance you could encrypt the connections so images will show up on Bisaboard again...? Pretty please? :(

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
- YoshiFan45
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
RaptorBlu3

Re: Please implement SSL/TLS security

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

Is Bisaboard a forum/has a forum?
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Destiny Moon

Re: Please implement SSL/TLS security

Post by Destiny Moon »

Yes that´s a Forum
Credit: TOUYAPocky

I collect: Chinchou, Croagunk, Archen, Frillish, Phantump, Togedemaru, Sandygast