Creativimon

Ideas and suggestions that have been reviewed by staff and will not be implemented.
Skipachu

Creativimon

Post by Skipachu »

Maybe a place at the Explore part where people can make their own Pokemon? Lots of people would be happy with that. But they can only make 1 Pokemon they can keep a day, but they can make as many ideas as they want.

-Zeb

P.S. Sorry mauwie for insulting you a while back. If this goes through, then I will make a Pokemon in your name.

Code: Select all

select all
RaptorBlu3

Re: Creativimon

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I think Virtuadopt is trying to make this as close to the actual Pokemon games as possible. Besides there are already Custom pokemon but they are only for staff members...
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

Customs are a reward to mature members that are dedicated enough to the site and its community that they would be promoted to a staffing position. Under no circumstances do I believe that should change.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
Skipachu

Post by Skipachu »

:( I'm mature, but not a staff. (sigh) I really wanted to do that. At least I have my own website (mindofzeb.wordpress.com)

Code: Select all

select all
loly27

Post by loly27 »

I'm going to have to agree with Eternal and Raptor here. There are plenty of pokemon 'adopting' websites out there, and I like the fact that VA tries to stick with the original games as much as possible.
Customs are great and all, but I don't want a bunch of random members getting them willy-nilly.
Cheers~
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

Won't happen. There are plenty of different themed adopts out there like monthlies and seasonal promos. Also, having everyone make tons of adopts would unnecessarily spam the server and the site.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Y'all- approach this with a nicer tone, please. I hate to see a bunch of "that'll never happen" as your sentences introducing your paragraphs.

I see what you're trying to say Skip, and it sounds fun, but it sounds like it would be a different website all together.

A-Chan is right though, this idea would significantly decrease the worth of promotional and monthy pokemon.

Plus I think, with an idea like this, we'd be seeing a ton of 'custom' shiny Eevee, Riolu, Pikachu.

Even if you put limits on the customizations you coup give your pokemon how useful would that be then? It would just be used for completing your pokedex real quick.(though I do think there should be ways you can earn those old promos)

I would love to have my own custom adopt- but this idea, in theory, would basically decrease the worth in everything else on the site, and make it just a lot less fun.

An idea I'll give for it though- what if it was a game? Bi-weekly, users will create a pokemon, perhaps even be able to put down a pixilated background- entries (one per person) will be turned in and thus judged, and the winner will receive [insert sum of money and/or promotional adopt]. (Users can't enter two contests in a row)
Now something like that sounds (slightly) reasonable. Though it would take a lot of coding.
RaptorBlu3

Post by RaptorBlu3 »

I actually agree with u FlamingWing12. That is a good idea but if it was real it would need a little... brushing off.
[center]"A Magikarp can Mega-Evolve if the bond between trainer and Pokemon is at its strongest..." -RaptorBlu3 8-)[/center][/size]
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
KopierKatze
La vie en rose.

Post by KopierKatze »

I have to disagree with custom adopts for users at all. Not only is it a special reward for the hard working moderators, it would be really confusing even with limitation rules.

First of all customs would have to be adopts that are not available on VA, so the "fill your DEX quickly" wouldn't happen. Then it would have to be your artwork and/or you'd have to be able to use it in copyright ways.

Another problem would be different art styles making the customs confusing again.
If you can do artworks in VA style you can apply for guest artist and make your artwork official after all.

But most of all I think it shouldn't happen, because it's the special thing for mods and it should stay special. For everything else we have monthlies, events and contests.

As for flamingwing12's contest idea, it's hard to throw such a contest with the inactivity given atm, but we had something like that in the past, so maybe there will be an equal thing in the future.
Though I guess it's not the highest priority atm, because we can see the staff working on some other big things. :)
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Oh yeah certainly is only an idea in its fetal stages- nothing that even I would bother trying to work with at the moment even.