A Way to Help Breeders Out

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
Karasume

A Way to Help Breeders Out

Post by Karasume »

I think it's a little ridiculous how a person can sit around for days, a week, and maybe even longer just to get an egg. So maybe there can be another way for people to use their money (since currently, all there is anymore is Shadow Pokemon).

How about a held item that increases the chance for a Pokemon to lay an egg that disappears after an egg is laid?

You would purchase it from the Shop.

I'm not sure how much it'd cost, but I can imagine it wouldn't be cheap. It wouldn't be good if every player had easy access to faster breeding.

But it'd definitely be beneficial for very unlucky players with lots of money.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Re: A Way to Help Breeders Out

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Oh yes that would be wonderful. I don't have a ton of money but I do try to breed as much as I possibly ca, since I don't get to play too often. I think some of the odds should be higher as well.

I put 1600 in with two noibat(who got along just fine) and didnt get a single egg! Not only did I fail to gain another Noibat, I feel as though I've wasted my money. Noibat's chance for breeding is probably less than say, a caterpie.

While yes I admit I should get online more to be able to truely call myself a breeder, but it would certainly help if chances for an egg were a bit higher somehow.
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

flamingwing12 wrote: I put 1600 in with two noibat(who got along just fine) and didnt get a single egg! Not only did I fail to gain another Noibat, I feel as though I've wasted my money. Noibat's chance for breeding is probably less than say, a caterpie.
The chances for getting an egg with 2 similar Pokémon is the same, no matter which Pokémon you're breeding. It doesn't matter how rare or popular they are. Only exception are starters, as far as I know. The chances for an egg while cross breeding are a little lower though.
The daycare works completely random. You have a chance for an egg every hour. Sometimes you're lucky and get like 5 eggs in 5 hours, or you're unlucky and have to wait up til 2 weeks.
I'm sorry that you didn't get an egg, but that's completely normal in that time frame.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

That's what I'm saying. I don't like how completely random it is, so I feel we should be able to pay to ease up on that.
Looking to trade pokemon or net yourself some easy CE credits? Then check out my Trade thread!

There are a lot of shinies which look very similar to their normal counterparts. Arm yourself with knowledge!

mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

The biggest reserve to this idea is theoretically boosting chances of getting an egg is also boosting the chances of receiving a shiny. And breeding shinies are considered the rarest (next to legendaries), and I'm not so sure shiny boosts are a good idea, because they are the most valued item on VA.

Older users who have a lot of money would be boosting their egg chances all of the time, whereas newer users would have to work very hard for it. If this ever happened the price for said item would be expensive (say at least 5,000).

Anyway, maybe it would happen in the future, but not anytime soon since there are a lot of other projects that need worked on first at the moment.
Adoptable
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

a-chan wrote: The daycare works completely random. You have a chance for an egg every hour. Sometimes you're lucky and get like 5 eggs in 5 hours, or you're unlucky and have to wait up til 2 weeks.
I'm sorry that you didn't get an egg, but that's completely normal in that time frame.
I've been told how random it is, I promise. There isn't need to explain that, as we all are aware.

Raising the chance for a shiny, though it still would be difficult, I think, is an idea worth exploiting. New users come in an they want to have something that they'll treasure. Now, not saying they need a shiny and soon as they come in, but higher chances for a special promo or a shiny would certainly convince people to stay I think.
They play the game for a long week or so and boom- they win Genesect! Then they could trade off Genesect for like half the Kalos dex- that about what I did when I came in as a small user. I won the raffle and Shadow Arceus a lot, and traded them off for dex entry pokemon.

Shiny pokemon are certainly everyone's goal here, but there comes a point where it's just simply too difficult to win something like that. New users now aren't winning the slot machine much- I've clicked HUNDREDS of pokemon son e I've been back and I haven't won ONCE.

If a new user could get their hands on a Zorua breeding pair, or eevee, or Froakie- they'd be set. Be able to trade off those desirable pokemon for little monsters of their own liking.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I'll be honest, I don't think there's an issue with shiny Pokemon rarity going down. There's a far less chance of getting a shiny from the daycare than you would get simply hatching adopted eggs. The only thing it'd potentially disrupt is the Starter shiny scene, and even then, I can't imagine it would do all that much.

Using random numbers here, you have the number .1, right? If I doubled that number, it'd be .2. Either way, it's still a small small number.

Like you say, the asking price of the item wouldn't be cheap. That way, you either have to be really rich to use the item willy-nilly (meaning you were active and definitely do deserve the item anyways) or you just really want to get that baby.

TLDR: It wouldn't be cheap, and I don't think it would affect the shiny market much.

AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Plus- there's still the Payment you have to make to get your pokemon to breed. I think I've gotten 4 eggs from my Noibat in... The past 24 hours- ish? That's 1200 bucks, but not a lot of output.

Perhaps something to do along the lines of winning it- like after adopting 1,000 eggs from the daycare, you receive this prize. You're now 50% more likely to obtain an egg. Perhaps not THAT high but you understand.

Or after adopting 100 eggs from te daycare you now have a 10% egg rate increase. Then 500 eggs is a 20% increase. 1,000 is a 30% increase, and so on. Perhaps until you reach a 50% chance more likely to obtain an egg. By then you would have more eggs than you could handle! XD
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

flamingwing12 wrote:Plus- there's still the Payment you have to make to get your pokemon to breed. I think I've gotten 4 eggs from my Noibat in... The past 24 hours- ish? That's 1200 bucks, but not a lot of output.

Perhaps something to do along the lines of winning it- like after adopting 1,000 eggs from the daycare, you receive this prize. You're now 50% more likely to obtain an egg. Perhaps not THAT high but you understand.

Or after adopting 100 eggs from te daycare you now have a 10% egg rate increase. Then 500 eggs is a 20% increase. 1,000 is a 30% increase, and so on. Perhaps until you reach a 50% chance more likely to obtain an egg. By then you would have more eggs than you could handle! XD

I don't really like that idea.
Think about it for a moment.
You take over a week just to get a single egg, so it takes you months to get that bonus.
And then some newbie with only half their kanto dex filled comes along and gets it in half the time you did simply because they're lucky.
No.. I can't agree with anything that would reward good RNG with better RNG.

I think the held item idea is better.
$10k or $20k held item for female pokemon and Ditto only. (Price suggestions welcome).
Disappears when an egg is laid.

At least this way, you can work towards it.

AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Yeah.. The only problem I think with that would be the price. Well, not necessarily the price, perhaps the use. Even if I had 100,000 pd I honestly wouldn't use it on an item that, A) only gives me a higher chance for an egg. And B) disappears after use.

I know there are several users who are much more active than I, but you have to admit, many of the users here wouldn't reach that goal for months and months.

I honestly think in the long run, an idea as I suggested before would work. And besides, so what if a user is lucky? Then they get the benefit faster. That kinda would make nearly everything on this site unfair if you go by those standards. Every game, the click Exchange prize. Since I've been back I've clicked, EASILY, 5, 6, or 7 thousand adopts, but I haven't gotten a single Conratz. I'm simply not lucky ;-;

Either way, a lot of pd would be spent, and I honestly would rather spend more now and work towards a consistent increase in breeding rates, than always have to give up 10-20k for something that'll be used once.

Edit:
One more thing-

It's honestly unfair to say that smaller users(which is what I hope you meant, as my Kanto dex isn't even half way full), can't have just as much a chance as an older, richer user. Your idea of held item nearly isolates only the users who are filthy stinkin rich.
Besides, we have the scents to work towards as of money. If I had 10k to spend I'd do it on getting a cool bean shadow pokemon, not a higher chance for ONE egg.
No, it isn't based solely on luck, but it's simply impractical.
Even of my idea was put into use users would still have to work HARD for it.

Lemme do some math super quick-
There's only 24 hours in a day- and say the user sleeps for 8. So that's 16 hours. That's 16, 17 eggs a day, if they're LUCKY AS A GOD. Like- THEY HACKED THE SYSTEM LUCKY. That still nearly a week- if their luck stayed the same.
Now we all know that's an impractical impossibility however. I've gotten 4 eggs from my for the past 3 days. (I'm actually kinda sad ;-; )
But honestly that's the simple truth of playing a luck game.

And perhaps we could think about what would happen if we mixed our ideas. Rich users would be able to work to get the consistent benefit. If you wanna think of it that way.
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

Before I go on to make this post, I want to make it clear that I'm going to be making two different points here. One reflects my personal opinion as a hard-working active player that's always on Top Clickers, and the other reflects a general concern for the site.

Secondly, I'm writing this in the most respectful tone possible, and I apologize profusely if I sound aggressive in any way.
flamingwing12 wrote:Yeah.. The only problem I think with that would be the price. Well, not necessarily the price, perhaps the use. Even if I had 100,000 pd I honestly wouldn't use it on an item that, A) only gives me a higher chance for an egg. And B) disappears after use.
I would. *Shrug* Different people prefer different things. I wouldn't write off an idea just because of that.
flamingwing12 wrote: I know there are several users who are much more active than I, but you have to admit, many of the users here wouldn't reach that goal for months and months.
You could use this as a concern as to why Shadow Pokemon and scents shouldn't be a thing, yet here they are.
A green scent costs $100k, and the questions imo are actually really difficult. I've personally wasted about half of my scents getting questions wrong. A "casual" player would never be able to save $100k, but it's fine for that to exist? Hmm..

You could argue that the slot machine negates that problem, but if that were the case, why not suggest putting the item in the slot machine?
flamingwing12 wrote:I honestly think in the long run, an idea as I suggested before would work.
In the long run, your idea would destroy the Shiny economy, as mauwie's concerns addressed.
flamingwing12 wrote: And besides, so what if a user is lucky? Then they get the benefit faster. That kinda would make nearly everything on this site unfair if you go by those standards. Every game, the click Exchange prize. Since I've been back I've clicked, EASILY, 5, 6, or 7 thousand adopts, but I haven't gotten a single Conratz. I'm simply not lucky ;-;
I'm not sure what this point here is..

flamingwing12 wrote:Either way, a lot of pd would be spent, and I honestly would rather spend more now and work towards a consistent increase in breeding rates, than always have to give up 10-20k for something that'll be used once.
This suggestion is meant to assist clickers through and through.

I want to make something explicitly clear here, before I tackle the next bit of your post. My idea is a money sink idea, just like Shadow Pokemon. It's meant to assist users in getting Pokemon when they have too much money and nothing to spend it on OR if an active user is so unlucky that they look every hour for days on end at their daycare, only not to see that old man standing in front of it. It's not meant as a be-all-end-all increase in breeding rates.

Edit:
One more thing-
flamingwing12 wrote:It's honestly unfair to say that smaller users(which is what I hope you meant, as my Kanto dex isn't even half way full), can't have just as much a chance as an older, richer user. Your idea of held item nearly isolates only the users who are filthy stinkin rich.
Besides, we have the scents to work towards as of money. If I had 10k to spend I'd do it on getting a cool bean shadow pokemon, not a higher chance for ONE egg.
No, it isn't based solely on luck, but it's simply impractical.
Even of my idea was put into use users would still have to work HARD for it.
Yeah, filthy rich users benefit, but (hopefully) they worked hard for their cash and deserve better for it.
If your idea was put into use, no one would have to work hard. You'd simply dump money into the daycare, wait, and claim eggs, then over time, reap rewards for doing almost nothing.

I'm sorry to sound so blunt, but that's the only way you're going to realize how destructive your idea really is.
flamingwing12 wrote:Lemme do some math super quick-
There's only 24 hours in a day- and say the user sleeps for 8. So that's 16 hours. That's 16, 17 eggs a day, if they're LUCKY AS A GOD. Like- THEY HACKED THE SYSTEM LUCKY. That still nearly a week- if their luck stayed the same.
Now we all know that's an impractical impossibility however. I've gotten 4 eggs from my for the past 3 days. (I'm actually kinda sad ;-; )
But honestly that's the simple truth of playing a luck game.
That's.. Unlucky? 4 eggs in 3 days? I'd be lucky to get that in two weeks.
That'd mean you'd get to the egg milestones over four and a half times faster than me.
That's extremely unfair.
flamingwing12 wrote:And perhaps we could think about what would happen if we mixed our ideas. Rich users would be able to work to get the consistent benefit. If you wanna think of it that way.
Possibly?

I'm gonna sum up my points now, so they're clear as day. In fact, you can skip all of the above part of my post if you want to, because I'm basically gonna be repeating myself here.

I'm a ridiculously active user. I make most of my cash by using the Click Exchange and my mass clicking Sennyo's Lumineons (There's nothing wrong with that since it's a fully evolved pokemon, right? o.O). I classify myself as Highly Active. Yet, despite everything I do, all the money I make, and how much I click, my dex is still stuck behind a wall because I have to wait almost a week to get any eggs. Over the past month, I've only received 9 eggs from the Daycare. 1 Pichu, which took about a week and a half. 1 Pichu, which was laid the next day, 2 Chespins, which were laid over the course of 2 days, 2 Charmanders, which were about the same as the Chespins, 1 Totodile, which took almost a week to get.

9 eggs over the course of several weeks and you want to say 4 eggs in three days is unlucky.

I feel as though as an active player, I shouldn't be held behind a wall like that. While I am saving money to buy those crazy $100k scents for questions I prolly won't even answer right anyways, I would definitely spend $10k just to ease those odds a bit. I want to finish my starter/baby dex so I can move onto more important things.

Like continuing to breed Cyndaquils for a trade deal I had going ages ago.

To copy-paste what I said before..
My idea is a money sink idea, just like Shadow Pokemon. It's meant to assist users in getting Pokemon when they have too much money and nothing to spend it on OR if an active user is so unlucky that they look every hour for days on end at their daycare, only not to see that old man standing in front of it. It's not meant as a be-all-end-all increase in breeding rates.

My next point is exactly what mauwie stated previously:
mauwie wrote:The biggest reserve to this idea is theoretically boosting chances of getting an egg is also boosting the chances of receiving a shiny. And breeding shinies are considered the rarest (next to legendaries), and I'm not so sure shiny boosts are a good idea, because they are the most valued item on VA.
Your suggestion would do just that. It would horrendously inflate the amount of shinies in circulation and thus destroy their value. An increase to breeding rates should be highly limited, in order to prevent this as much as possible. Making it a money sink would ensure that it's a last-ditch effort for people who really need it. And there aren't that many active "filthy rich" players on VA, so if you put those two groups together, there's still far fewer people in them than there are not in them. If all of those players used this item, it wouldn't hurt the shiny market much.

Maybe there can be some sort of compromise, but what you want is for casual users to have the same access to this idea, and that just won't work because of the latter reason stated above.

EDIT:
What could be done to alleviate the wall behind which this would be, it could be suggested to add it to the slot machine, but only if people are willing to accept that Scents, Genesect, and money rewards would be a little less common.

AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I'll probably sound aggressive too but- meh it's okay. I'm very sorry if I do.

Karasume wrote: In the long run, your idea would destroy the Shiny economy, as mauwie's concerns addressed.
A good point to make then would be to lower the chances for a shiny? They seem to be already very rare.
Karasume wrote:That's.. Unlucky? 4 eggs in 3 days? I'd be lucky to get that in two weeks.
That'd mean you'd get to the egg milestones over four and a half times faster than me.
That's extremely unfair.
Like I said before, this game seems to be based solely on luck.

Karasume wrote:Like continuing to breed Cyndaquils for a trade deal I had going ages ago.
A deal I would like to continue on your time

I get your idea, I suppose it would work better than what I can come up with. I don't think I have much more to say, as I doubt any ideas that are put here would go into effect anytime soon :/
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

I really don't mean to sound aggressive, that's just my tone when I get into a debate. Idk if you've ever seen a debate. Sometimes, they get catty. I don't get that far, but it's there.. Sorry.

I'm not sure I like the idea of lowering the chance of a shiny..
I've only hatched 2 non-event shinies so far. Shinx and Aron.
If the chance were any lower, I wouldn't have gotten any shinies.
I wouldn't have gotten my Shiny Ice Garchomp, which was my goal for this site.
I wouldn't have gotten my Shiny normal Garchomp, which was one of my first goals for this site.

I think the biggest compromise I'll settle on is putting the thing in the slot machine or making it winnable otherwise somehow. Maybe some of those Game Corner games could give prizes instead of collecting dust?

That's something, eh?

As for luck, this game isn't really that luck-based, honestly. Only Shinies, really. You could say Shinies are basically the only part of the game, but Shadow Pokemon exist, too. And they're actually pretty valuable, even the $10k ones. Those are consistent value trades that don't rely on luck to get. That's why I like them so much.

If it were possible to equally give everyone an increased daycare egg chance without hurting the shiny market, I'd go for it. But I don't think that's actually possible..
Actually..
What about two items?
One that's expensive and increases the egg laying chance..
And one that's not as expensive, but turns off any remote possibility of a shiny being laid?
Cheap and Premium brand.

Thinking about it in the grand scale..
With the cheap brand, it'd be easier to fill the baby/starter dex, which is really only a starting goal, let's face it. The rest of the game is getting shinies and promos. And shiny promos. The cheap brand wouldn't help with that at all. Speeding up baby/starter dex completion really isn't a bad thing, I think.

Then the premium brand would be significantly more expensive and be exactly the same as the cheap brand but actually allow shinies to be born. I feel like this would need an additional perk, perhaps extra uses, but I'm not sure what would be satisfactory to high-end players.
Last edited by Karasume on November 7th, 2016, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

I actually have a class in debate ^^"

I don't quite like the idea of no shiny chance even for a cheaper item. Even if the main purpose was so you can get your baby pokemon-,
I wouldn't want it to be in the slots, lowering mine, or anyones chance at Genesect or a scent.

I almost think that, since this item would be a one-use-only type thing, perhaps it should raise your chances for a shiny ever so slightly. Instead of a 1/100 chance you have a 1/90 chance. Or 85 or whatever. If this item is so expensive, I'd want it to be worth while if I bought it.
I would honestly wait a week for a Pichu or Riolu than spend 10-20k right there for MAYBE an egg.
Now if it took 2 whole weeks, yes I see why this item would be of use here, it would certainly save money. But that's just an IF that happens. Pikachu I think is considered a starter in breeding rates... Not sure
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

Why not? If we want to keep shinies from being too easily-accessible on the site, that'll have to be the tradeoff. There's no compromising if I don't want everyone to have easy access to faster daycare eggs with a shiny chance and you do. :/

I'd only opt to make the item more valuable if it's split into Cheap and Premium, that way Premium would actually feel like it's actually.. premium.. If there'll only remain one item, I think it should remain the same. If there's nothing to compare it to, I don't think it needs more.. Maybe additional uses? But that's it.

I personally have dealt with enough week-long eggs that I'd be willing to spend $10k on a single egg.

But I think another opinion would help. Someone to tell us to sit the heck down and put Dunce caps on us while they give us a lecture on why we're both wrong. q-q

AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

;-; I think we maybe should just deal with that it costs a lot to get a nice eggy- I really just want even a slightly higher chance for an eggy ;-;
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

Karasume wrote: I'm not sure I like the idea of lowering the chance of a shiny..
Just so you know, the amount of eggs hatched is how many eggs of other people's eggs you hatched, not how many you personally hatched ;p
but yeah if that's not what you meant than just ignore me.
Adoptable
Karasume

Post by Karasume »

mauwie wrote:
Karasume wrote: I'm not sure I like the idea of lowering the chance of a shiny..
Just so you know, the amount of eggs hatched is how many eggs of other people's eggs you hatched, not how many you personally hatched ;p
but yeah if that's not what you meant than just ignore me.
SSSsSSSshhSKSkdzkhjnfsdk
THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE DISPROVING ME! ;A;

I mean, I don't know what you're talking about, that looks fabricated to me. >.>;

mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

xD! well the amount of eggs you adopted give you a more proper representation, so in your case it would be:
Amount of eggs adopted: 1,768

but yeah, i mean i totally get where you guys are coming from. and it used to be that the daycare was one of the only money sinks in this entire site, so cash was much more plentiful in the past. but now with the introduction of shadow pokemon and making certain items more expensive that did help with 'rich users'.

idk like i said maybe in the future things will change, but for now other projects are being worked on as a priority. idk if i'm for a raise in shiny chance. i mean it would be cool because it would make some things for me feel a little more obtainable (like my damn army of snivy that are starting to build up, will one of them just be shiny already?), but then again rarity really helps when you are just lucky and hatch a good shiny and can trade it for some nice promos.
Adoptable