Double Steps Day

Old suggestions that have not proven popular or are otherwise no longer relevant.
AcryliCat UwU

Double Steps Day

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

This is a very straightforward idea.

Much like Tuesdays, where your cash for clicks is heightened,(meaning you'll often receive $7 or $8 for clicking on an adopt, which is awesome, I propose we have a day where, for 24 hours, the number of steps on an egg is increased.

Now these clicks may have to exclude hatched adopts, unless y'all agree that for each click for 24 hours should be worth 2 levels.

Tell me what you guys think- this kind of thing I think would definitely help newer users start building up their collection.
loly27

Re: Double Steps Day

Post by loly27 »

I like this idea...
It also gives players an incentive to come back weekly to get those double steps! Could be a good push for a little more activity in the forums~
Cheers~
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Same! ^^ I'm kinda thinking Fridays- what do you think?
Skipachu

Post by Skipachu »

Yea, I just started so I need someone to help me find out how to hatch my eggs, get money, and everything else so I agree.

Code: Select all

select all
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

Well, if the idea is to drum up activity, then the optimum day to do it is 3-4 days after double money day. That way it's floating around the opposite day of the week to double money day. It sounds confusing, so I'll map it out.

O O X O O O O

The week starts on the first O, being Sunday, and the X is double money day. The last O is Saturday, being the end of the week.

---

Now we'll map out how a schedule for double steps day would efficiently work. We'll use Y as the variable for double steps day.

O O X O O Y O
or
O O X O O O Y

Putting the double steps day on Friday or Saturday minimizes the amount of "wait" days in between double days, keeping clicking activity consistent throughout the week.

---

Personally, I'm iffy on double levels for adopts. It somewhat trivializes the top 50 leveled adopts on the site. If we do double levels for Pokemon, there will be a bit of an outcry from members of the community who are having their Pokemon evolve before they can affix Everstones to them. It would work very well for all varieties of eggs, however. Perhaps we could meet at a middle ground and only have double levels apply to monthly eggs and double steps for regular eggs.

Also, Skipachu, I'd recommend you have a try at the Click Exchange for getting your adopts leveled. http://www.virtuadopt.com/ce.php
You click on some adopts for credits and then you put those credits on your own adopts. Then those adopts will show up for other people in their click exchanges and they will click on them.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Yes I agree on the double levels for hatched adopts, for that very reason. For monthlies that would work wonderfully for us who can't get online a lot. However we would have to raise the chance for a shiny monthly. :/
FairyPrincessCynthia

Post by FairyPrincessCynthia »

flamingwing12 wrote:However we would have to raise the chance for a shiny monthly. :/
Nah, not really. The theoretical double steps day is still only a period of 24 hours. Everybody dumps their monthly eggs into the click exchange and they just sit there until they hatch. The click exchange pool gets so diluted with monthly eggs that the levels of individual eggs won't likely see a significant jump over what we're seeing now - even if they're getting double levels for 24 hours.

I also have a hypothesis that the shiny chance increase stops at a certain point. I haven't narrowed down when, though.
Spoiler for more adopts inside:
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Praise be to fairy types.
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

True true.
So that means one or two Double Step Days in a row may in theory actually make out steps nearly what they are now, simply due to the fact that there will be so many monthly eggs that hav been poured into Click Exchange.
However, if we see greater activity due to this kind of event(which I do hope we will), the Click Exchange should be able to then even itself out, as there will be many more clickers. So during monthly events then your regular eggs should see still a significant increase in steps on Double Days.
Skipachu

Post by Skipachu »

Can someone tell me how to post?

Code: Select all

select all
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Skipachu wrote:Can someone tell me how to post?
Post what dear you just posted on the forum.

You mean put up a thread of your own? There should be a brown rectangular button towards the top of the page (of threads), still under the Froakie on the Board banner, the button will say 'New Topic' and should have a small icon of a paper with a pencil writing on it. After clicking that you should put a topic in the small input box labeled 'Topic'.
The larger media box is for your actual post. hope this helps ya 0w0
loly27

Post by loly27 »

I'm going to have to agree with EternalSword that this should mostly apply to eggs. Personally, I feel like this would definitely make hatching eggs quite a bit easier, considering the rather inactive state the site is in... So I'd love for this idea to be implemented.
Cheers~
AcryliCat UwU

Post by AcryliCat UwU »

Oh I also agree completely. Doing double levels for hatched adopts may do more harm than help.