Christmas contest results 2011

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
Stella Maris

Re: Christmas contest results 2011

Post by Stella Maris »

congratz to all winners!

I got disqualified 'cause I didn't mention VA on the name card. I never did. And noone ever cared about it. And I'm sorry for everyone else who got disqualified too for chicken crap like this.
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

I told myself I wasn't going to post and just read everything. I can no longer do that after having to edit MelanieAddams's post.
I am the one who pushed to ensure we followed EACH rule to the exact word. I remember the last contest that Siegj and I judged and didn't want to make any mistakes. So unfortunately when I finished judging all of the cards and songs I then went through each and card and song again according to all the rules and made notes. It broke my heart to see a lot of the ones I had marked for Best/Good even Qualified now going to be disqualified because of this rule.....

"Here are a few rules that you MUST follow when creating your entries, or you will be disqualified:
3) The Final Project photos you take MUST include your username and Virtuadopt somewhere in the photo. It CANNOT be digitally added afterwards!"

I can understand how people feel, and in regards to how people judged past contests, well those were past contests, different judges and different rules. It isn't easy judging a contest as anyone who has done so knows.
I am sorry to those who were disqualified, but again like Siegj said in the first post...when you enter the next contest/any contest, before you submit your entry - ENSURE YOU READ THE RULES OVER A FEW TIMES.
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptable
click the banner to be taken to my box 1 :)
Meme
Zombie Hunter

Post by Meme »

Okay, I did not expect that. In that in so many different ways.
But I'm really shocked, that so many people are disqualified. I just looked over the list and only picked some names - and I did not mentioned anything of it. I looked before the results to the pictures ... and now I see it. It's ridiciulous, normally I'm a freak to see mistakes. In some way it drives me crazy...
On the other hand, I did not expected to be in the top categorie. I only did this card for Su-licious, because I wanted to do something, that she really likes. And I only had time, because I was sick and could not go to university. It had made me mad, that I missed so many lessons - and it still does. When I look now at the other cards I still do not understand it.
But thanks, anyway, for this contest.
Interested in trades? Just leave a note in the trade station, but please write an PM, too! (too busy atm)

AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable

Collecting Spearow, Fearow, Staraptor, Larvitar, Axew, Rufflet, Braviary & Druddigon
Mars

Post by Mars »

I have a question..where is the rule for the "show the inside of the card" :s
ImageImageImage Image
Stella Maris

Post by Stella Maris »

Dustydragon, yes i admit it was my own mistake (and of 35 others). but don't you think it's kinda mean? since you and.. uhm the other one make/judge the contests it always ends up with lots of disappointed participants.

i mean, if you two are seriously so sad because of disqualifying so many users, why did noone of you watched over the entries before to prevent things like that? i made my entry and thought everything is okay - like all the others. and if you had informed me, that i forgot something, i'd have added it and took a new picture of it. so everything would be fine. your pity doesn't help any of us, some of us spent a lot of time, love and energy for their works (so you should also do in watching the entries) and all this doesn't count because we have been terribly inattentive? i think nobody has fun this way. and it seems so indifferent, even if you said that you're sad about it.

i think you should turn a blind eye this time and i'm sure everyone will remember next time.

ps: i apologize for my english, i'm not the best at it.
Ellie
HBIC

Post by Ellie »

if she turned a blind eye there would be other people who complained that users didn't follow the rules and didn't get DQed. it's happened before when myself or other judges accidentally missed an entry and allowed someone to receive a prize when they didn't follow all the rules, and that's not fair to the other participants.

furthermore, it's not their job to hold everyone's hand and make sure they're all following the rules. it's the users' responsibility to make sure their card is suitable for the competition. the rules have been up to read since the beginning and those who were DQed should have checked them first thing and made sure it followed all of them.
Spoiler:
Please click box 1 & sig!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Trading Box 13 for Clefairy/Easter Exeggcute/Xmas Sudowoodo
Trade
Yarold's
TsukiKitsune

Post by TsukiKitsune »

how can they turn a blind eye on this? yes you did forget one simple thing... but in the next contest will you be able to remember what you did wrong like hmm Valentines Contest i need to remember the VA sign. it to teach you a lesson... not to punish you or ridicule you... you are being rude. just accept it and move on please?
8eevees

Post by 8eevees »

So sad to see my friends on the DQ list T_T but congratz to everybody else !
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

MelanieAddams, Well I did say in the last contest result forum this comment
"Next contest all rules will be adhered to strictly"
Hallowe'en Contest Results Page 9
so unfortunately we will not be changing our minds on the judging.

It is up to you as a contest to read all rules for the contests. Us as judges do not need to look at all entries to make sure they are correct. When you enter contests for other places do they do that for you?
As for the fact that this and the other contest have more people upset, well of course. Last time we missed a rule, and this time we went by the rules. Not everyone is going to be happy. Even when the other contests are judged not everyone is happy.

MarsBar2, In regards to your question, it found in the FAQ's about the Christmas Contest

"QUESTION: Which format do the cards have to be?
Must there be a front and a back side and the two inner sides?

ANSWER: The card must be a folded card, so yes front and the insides. The back DOES NOT have to be decorated.
We made it like that so people would make an entire card instead of just a card front (the front of the card and nothing else)"

as well as the initial Contest announcement

"The size of the card does NOT matter, and it must be a folded card, not just a card front."
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptable
click the banner to be taken to my box 1 :)
bluebell_rose

Post by bluebell_rose »

Blackfox138 wrote:Kinda sad to see my name in the DQ list. I thought that having mine and TheBestPerson's (who the cards were intended for) collection VAs and mentioning it in the description was enough to relate it to VA.

Congratz to everyone else though.

EDIT: Hmmm.... Just re-read the rules. That's a new one, requiring Virtuadopt to be on the same paper as your Username. Entered two other contests and just name worked both times. Wish I had re-read everything before submitting.
I remember for the fall entry banner contest you had to have virtudopt somewhere in the piece.
ellie wrote:All banners must say "Virtuadopt" somewhere on them, and they contain at least one "official" Pokemon. This means any of the 649 Pokemon currently in existance, including any official forms they have (such as Deoxys's different forms, etc). You may use fan-created Pokemon or images from other works in addition, with exceptions. See item 3 for more information on these exceptions.
;) you really need to learn to read the rules carefully. Been there always.
Join Yarolds to raise your eggs fast! Join The mob and be part of an awesome Team ! We can teach you to click 400 links in 10 mins! Pm me to learn how. Only PM me if you aren't already in a dyn.
Blackfox138

Post by Blackfox138 »

bluebell_rose, I saw that in the banner contest but didn't put it in my mini-list because the contest was a banner FOR VA, so it was pretty obvious that VA would be somewhere on the banner.

Besides, that's a little different. Banner contest was "on the entry" Every other contest with that rule was "on the paper with your username". Also, no hasn't "been there always" check the early contests or even the last contest.

;) you really need to do your research more carefully before you post. Been there always.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
SHINee

Post by SHINee »

Congratz to all the contest winners :)
I hope I get to enter in the next one.
leuchtmorgel
°~ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ~°

Post by leuchtmorgel »

Oh WOW!!! I'm so happy!♥
Thanks so much for the fast results!x3

And a big Congratz to all the Winners!!
ImageImageAdoptable
CLICKBOX ---> If I see you in view/edit, I click back!!:)
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ~My Tradestation~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
GreenBerry
Green Queen de Berry

Post by GreenBerry »

Congratz to all the Winners! <3

Thanks for the great Contest. :3
Hatchlings

AdoptableImageImageAdoptableImageImageAdoptable[/9center]
Xiah
queen of old times

Post by Xiah »

I really don't get, why there is now a big discussion over the judging. Of course it's sad, that so many were dsq. But in the rule stands name and virtuadopt. If you don't follow this rule, you get dsq. That's in every contest of the world, not just in the contests of va. Sportcontest or other contest. If you break/not follow a rule you get dsq. That's life. :/ And Dusty and Co. don't have to write to every person, if something is missing. That's not there job. That's our job.
BlackViper
La Viper

Post by BlackViper »

Oh wow.
Again you were so quick with the results.
And again I´m in the best categorie.
I´m really really happy with it.
Thank you SO MUCH!
*hugs*
Decadoria

Post by Decadoria »

wow didnt win something cause I dont write somehting about va in my song? lol virtuadopt and pokemon are the same thing o.o well whatever :roll: thats the sadest contest ever.

but I dont get what that mean . what should I write about VA? c'mon thats ridiculous :?
If you want guaranteed daily clicks write me a mail and I'll add you.^^ But I hope that you click me too otherwise I will delete you after a few days. o:
Xiah
queen of old times

Post by Xiah »

Danny Croft, nope it isn't.
As example. Ray74 wrote about christmas chingling. It's a pokemon AND a pokemon designed for virtuadopt. So it's related to virtuadopt as well. You used Pikachu and pichu and Pachirisu. There is no relation to virtuadopt. Just to pokemon as well.

It's the same with the christmas cards. We shouldn't just made cards with pokemon. We should make them for 2 users of virtuadopt. There is the relation to virtuadopt for the cards ;)
Last edited by Xiah on January 9th, 2012, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Decadoria

Post by Decadoria »

Su-licious, thats all? -.- lol thats really ridiculous XD
If you want guaranteed daily clicks write me a mail and I'll add you.^^ But I hope that you click me too otherwise I will delete you after a few days. o:
Xiah
queen of old times

Post by Xiah »

Danny Croft, why? it was in the rule or not? ^^' Maybe you should read them clearly before entering. Virtuadopt is not Pokemon and that's it.